Hi, do any of the various leaked and official OS 6 versions have column view?

(The lack thereof is the only reason I am on OS 5 for now. Can't deal with scrolling back and forth for every line of text on a web page...)

Thanks.
    02-27-11 12:02 PM
    None of the OS 6 versions have column view like OS 5. I don't have a problem with the browser on 431.
    Rootbrian likes this.
    02-27-11 12:11 PM
    Thanks for the info. But don't you have to scroll back and forth on every line to read web pages?
    02-27-11 12:13 PM
    Thanks for the info. But don't you have to scroll back and forth on every line to read web pages?
    It depends on the web page, some I have to scroll. I started using the browser shortcuts to zoom in/out and it's works better for me.
    02-27-11 12:20 PM
    The bolt browser solves the problem for me, but the one thing it lacks is the larger than 3XXL fonts which it lacks. Maybe the developers could add it in for those hard of seeing users.
    02-27-11 12:40 PM
    The Bolt browser doesn't work for me. The font size is too small and it kept freezing up at 20% again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-11 01:18 PM
    The Bolt browser doesn't work for me. The font size is too small and it kept freezing up at 20% again.

Go into the preferences and select 3XXLarge then hit menu > save. The stall is a bug.

02-27-11 01:22 PM
    I quit using Bolt as well because of the freezing up problem.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    02-27-11 02:09 PM
    Go into the preferences and select 3XXLarge then hit menu > save. The stall is a bug.

3XX Large is still too small.

02-27-11 02:21 PM
    I quit using Bolt as well because of the freezing up problem.
    3XX Large is still too small.

I've also ditched Bolt because of thes 2 reasons as well, and in addition, when I loaded the leak 443, I lost my c/p function on Bolt, but on the oem browser everything is fine and I use the zoom in/out feature as well. I've adjusted to this function with the scrolling L to R. Once you become acustomed to it, its not that bad.
    02-27-11 02:23 PM
    I used Bolt and didn't like the look of it at all. And it was unstable for me...
    Thanks for the info guys...
    02-28-11 12:05 PM
    I used Bolt and didn't like the look of it at all. And it was unstable for me...
    Thanks for the info guys...
    02-28-11 12:36 PM
    Sheesh, it's been a week since I visited and the first thread I see is:

COLUMN VIEW

Also the reason I've stayed with OS5.
    02-28-11 12:56 PM
    Sheesh, it's been a week since I visited and the first thread I see is:

COLUMN VIEW

Also the reason I've stayed with OS5.
    Oh F2 be BRAVE!!!!
    Jump in the OS6 pool! The water's fine!!!
    Here, I'll hold your drink...
    02-28-11 03:16 PM
    Jay, I have used 6 and gone back to 5 because the browser was all but useless to me have to scroll for every line of text...it's very tedious and a good way to inflame your carpal tunnel ;-)
    02-28-11 04:12 PM
    I finally dumped bolt also due to the text size even at largest setting. I do pretty well with word/text wrap feature on the BB browser. BB excells at everything except browsing. So we get mostly good with some not so good. OS-6 rocks for me (finally)
    02-28-11 04:30 PM
    The Browser is not that bad once you get used to it. I'm doing fine with the text wrap.
    02-28-11 05:32 PM
    The Browser is not that bad once you get used to it. I'm doing fine with the text wrap.
    What is the text wrap?
    03-01-11 10:31 AM
    What is the text wrap?
    To enable the text wrap feature you need to have the magnifying glass hovering over the portion you want to view. Then press the trackpad. It will be blurred for a few secs then come into focus with a larger font viewing area and all in a column like format. If it doesn't work the first time, repeat. It's an acquired skill it would seem.
    03-01-11 10:44 AM
    I tried and tried with Bolt, with scrolling back and forth, with zooming in and out, and even with a Droid Global (which I returned within a week--it wasn't my BB!). I really need my reading glasses, so even the largest fonts are tough to see on certain websites (CB especially). I am back on 5.975 and once again happy with my Bold. I would buy a Torch in a second if I could get it on Verizon. Oh well, for now this works for me.
    03-01-11 04:59 PM
    When I have used the magnifying glass tool, it has zoomed in, but without wrapping the text, so it did not help...what am I missing?
    03-01-11 07:21 PM
    With lack of column view in OS 6, I no longer use my BB.
    I got tired of scrolling left to right as my web browsing needs increased.
    Not to mention that some sites the font couldn't even be adjusted.
    One of my favorite sites, Best Buy (mobile version) is useless on the Bold 9650 with OS 6. The font is too small and can't be adjusted.
    03-01-11 09:52 PM
    When I have used the magnifying glass tool, it has zoomed in, but without wrapping the text, so it did not help...what am I missing?
    ronnie, sometimes that happens. When this does happen to me, I hit the back button & then scroll back onto the tx with the magnifying glass and try again. For some reason, sometimes it doesn't catch on the first click.

Hope that'll help you out
    03-02-11 08:37 AM
    Any word yet on a OS 6 version where either Wrap or Column works properly?
    (I have been using my HTC Evo in the mean time, and the browsing is amazing...)

04-26-11 07:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD