I really really like this phone but am bummed about the wiggle.

The top wiggles a lot when closed and wiggles a little even when open if you put pressure on screen.

I CAN live with it but I don't want to. I already have it hooked up to our co's server and it will be a pain to get another one.

I was hoping one one of you guys would convince me to get over it and enjoy this awesome phone!
    08-12-10 02:31 PM
    Think you may want to go get another one in exchange, because mine doesn't wiggle at all.
    08-12-10 02:33 PM
    I kind of noticed that too, but not only should you get over it but get insurance and you wont have to worry about it breaking

Enjoy this phone!
    08-12-10 02:35 PM
    Sorry to hear that. All the reviews were pretty positive about strength/durability of the sliding mechanism. I'd recommend to try another one.
    08-12-10 02:35 PM
    I can make mine wiggle a little, but certainly not "a lot"and not enought to bother me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-10 02:36 PM
    Think you may want to go get another one in exchange, because mine doesn't wiggle at all.
    Typical response.
    08-12-10 02:42 PM
    mine is pretty bad as well.
    with the screen closed it will teeter between the top left corner and bottom right.

i just went back to the store and they said theirs nothing they can do.
    they can only exchange if the phone is not working at all.
    08-12-10 02:44 PM
    Here it goes. I tried this phone on Monday and when opened the top wiggled and was very dissapointed. But now that I have mine, it does not have that wiggle the demo had. So I would exchange it for another one as mine seems very solid.
    08-12-10 02:46 PM
    Ahh, the superior build quality from rim that I expected.

08-12-10 02:46 PM
    Mine has just a little up and down, none at all side to side.I doubt I will notice it afer a few days.

08-12-10 02:47 PM
    typical response......

That made me laugh! That is bad to hear about not returning the phone. I may just live with it. My car does all kinds of aggravating things that I live with!!
    08-12-10 02:49 PM
    Typical response.
    What else did you expect? An OTA non-wiggle update?
    08-12-10 02:49 PM
    Haha. The "wiggle" is the new "squeaking trackpad" issue we had with the 9700. :P
    08-12-10 02:52 PM
    Only wiggle I noticed was the one I had as I danced out of the store with both boxes...joking, guys....just showing my happiness...

to the OP - no, I didn't notice any wiggle in my device or my husband's device. No problem with the trackpad either and no light leaks.
    08-12-10 02:54 PM
    Haha. The "wiggle" is the new "squeaking trackpad" issue we had with the 9700. :P

ha...
    i had that problem as well.
    just my luck.
    08-12-10 02:55 PM
    The wiggle is an undocumented feature.
    08-12-10 02:59 PM
    So, I just picked up my torch. When fully open, the screen wiggles just a tad...Is that normal? So, when I grab the top of the screen, I can move it just a wee bit. Again, normal?
    08-12-10 03:05 PM
    Maybe someone will come up with a credit card mod for the wiggle.
    08-12-10 03:07 PM
    So, I just picked up my torch. When fully open, the screen wiggles just a tad...Is that normal? So, when I grab the top of the screen, I can move it just a wee bit. Again, normal?
    "Just avoid holding it that way."

08-12-10 03:09 PM
    Mine has no wiggle. Hooray!!
    08-12-10 03:10 PM
    It's only a matter of time before everyone's starts to wiggle just a little. Normal wear and tear. Might as well get it launch day LOL.
    08-12-10 03:13 PM
    I really really like this phone but am bummed about the wiggle.

The top wiggles a lot when closed and wiggles a little even when open if you put pressure on screen.

I CAN live with it but I don't want to. I already have it hooked up to our co's server and it will be a pain to get another one.

I was hoping one one of you guys would convince me to get over it and enjoy this awesome phone!
    Yeah, don't settle for the crap. You say you can live with it but it will drive you crazy like my crooked trackpad did until i returned the phone for another. Take it back, get a new one and give it to the IT dept and let them deal with setting up your phone (again).

Enjoy!
    08-12-10 03:24 PM
    "Just avoid holding it that way."

Ha! That's great! Why are you just a Guest and not a member? Join the CB Nation and feel the love!!
    08-12-10 03:25 PM
    I just put mine in an otter box commuter series case... I negotiated a 30% discount on accessories... for some reason it has less wiggle in the case. It also has an overall more solid over all feel to it. The case adds a little weight and bulk though, not sure if I like that or not.
    08-12-10 03:46 PM
    Ha! That's great! Why are you just a Guest and not a member? Join the CB Nation and feel the love!!
    Actually, I have no idea why I'm a "Guest". I go to "My Account" and I don't see where I can change that.
    08-12-10 03:54 PM
120 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD