we need to come up with a free guide of how to best utilize the torch and a list of uses. the ultimate torch crackberry abuse guide.
    I am new to blackberry and don't really now how to use it effectively. The phone is like a microcomputer and its not being used to its full potential.
    There needs to be a guide that shows users, based on other user experiences, how to use the phone effectively to increase potential the phone can have on the users lives.
    There may be certain things you do with your phone that others may not of even thought about. The book should not be a detailed boring manual. But a entertaining book such as the tales of crackberry.... book. I believe this is a great idea and should infact be made by users for users. The bible of the blackberry. any ideas or input????
    01-16-11 11:59 AM
    i get what you mean but there's already a user's guide that a few too many of us have too little time or energy to devote to. am guessing a "plain language" online guide, plumped with "roger that's" will be equally useful. these forums, with the attendant "search" capability, are still the best alternative source for information.

another way to look at it, if you survived not knowing you had a problem to address, you're probably doing just fine!
    01-16-11 12:13 PM
    Best apps for a Torch, 9780, 9700, etc.

1) QuickLaunch, this application is a MUST HAVE for any BlackBerry device!!! It allows you to run any application or task via one icon which you can place on your desktop and setup shortcuts for it, additionally, it comes with a weather application built in as well, a screen capture utility incase you wanted to show your screen to someone, a torch application that actually works, and a battery pull simulator to help you easily restart your device without actually removing the battery. It costs $9.99 but is worth every penny! Link: QuickLaunch - The Swiss Army Knife of BlackBerry Apps! - @ VOTED BEST APP 2010, 2009 by Crackberry! - Utilities BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

2) BBWeather, by far, the best weather application for the BB, this is not free though, but well worth every penny, it gives you a very nice graphical interface with a 7 day ahead weather forecast, and has skins support as well to change its looks. It costs %3.99 USD only. Link: BerryWeather - Weather in Style - VOTED BEST WEATHER APP 2010 - News & Weather BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

3) DuoBerry (This allows you to download YouTube movies and not get any extra carrier charges)

From your BlackBerry, visit this link to start the installation, do not forget to customize the security restrictions and set everything to ALLOW
    Link: http://jelounge.dikti.net/Launcher/duoberry.jad

4) Dictionary (very neat dictionary application that can even pronounce the words for ya), to install this, Visit Dictionary.com from your BB

5) Google Maps = from your BB, go to Google, then search for Google Maps BlackBerry when the search comes up, enter the first link, there you should see a list of all the Google applications and you will find Google Maps there

6) Google Sync (A very neat application that will enable you to backup all your contacts to your Gmail e-mail account, so incase you lose or damage your BB, you have a backup. You can always login to your Gmail account and you will see all the contacts under the Contacts section.

Let us say you ever get your phone back and have no previous backup or contacts, just load Google Sync again, and login to your email on your BB via the application, then hit Sync, it will then download all your contacts back!)

From the same page where you downloaded Google Maps, download Google Sync

7) BerryUnit Converter (good application to convert various formats like length, height, etc, into other formats, example, kgs to pounds and so on)

From your BB, navigate to http://www.tomechangosubanana.com/be...tConverter.jad

8) i-Nigma Barcode Reader
    3GVision's i-nigma is the industry's most comprehensive 1D/2D Mobile Barcode Solution.
    It works on OS 5 and OS 6
    Go to Install i-nigma Code Reader on your mobile. I-nigma will automatically identify your handset type, download and install i-nigma.
    CocoaBlossom and hgreen_91 like this.
    01-16-11 12:43 PM
    yes this would be great but only for the stuff that is torch related as this site already has all the usual stuff here for us
    01-16-11 12:51 PM
    I use my BB so much - text, email, notes, calendar, organizer, internet, phone (of course), and so much more. So I'm on it A LOT.

So maybe it should have a warning about BB addiction....and a list of support groups on how to moderate your BB usage and handle any separation anxiety while doing so.
    01-16-11 12:52 PM
    Thanks for the list Matrix Leader! However, I went to dictionary.com on my Torch and it told me the app wasn't supported for my device
    01-17-11 07:14 PM
    Hgreen - If you do a search here in the forum for the dictionary.com app, there is an ota link posted somewhere that'll work for Torch. I have it for mine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    hgreen_91 likes this.
    01-17-11 07:44 PM
    Ahhh, found it! Thanks
    01-17-11 07:48 PM
    Here is the storm version of dictionary.com, its works great on the torch

Download Dictionary for BlackBerry 9550 Storm 2
    02-12-11 09:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD