Picked up an unlocked Torch today from a local seller ad in Canada. Put my Rogers SIM in and voila. All I can say is that I am very impressed. Had the 9700 for a month not knowing the Torch was gonna be released. If I read up on it first I would have waited. Love the 9700 but the Torch is def my new baby. Got used to the Touch Screen very fast since I was recently an iPhone 3G user. Really missed the browsing on the iPhone but now with the Torch all is forgotten. Was gonna wait for Rogers but couldn't Gonna break it in a little. Nice to have Wireless N
    08-16-10 08:35 PM
    I picked up my Torch last week. Needless to say this is an impressive device. Ironically, I also owned an iPhone 3G. This phone does everything an iPhone can do plus more. Everyone keeps mentioning email but, I also like the social intergration. Apple has yet to tackle this front. If RIM could encourage more app development, I believe the Torch could be a real winner.
    08-16-10 09:02 PM
    Really liking what I see with the Torch. First off the browser is so much better. Really did miss browsing going from an iPhone 3G to the 9700. The Torch is performing well IMO. I don't notice any lag on the phone except for some web pages time to time. Don't have any lag whatsoever going through the menus etc on the phone. Touchscreen is very good for accuracy. I am so use to touchscreens that operating the torch is a breeze. Going from a touch screen to the 9700 was a bit of a challenge.

Call quality and Bluetooth connectivity are performing perfect. Battery life has been pretty good for the first day today. Extremely happy right now with thr Torch. Looks like I did miss the touchscreen afterall.
    08-17-10 08:34 PM
    where did you get it? give me the dealer name and i would like to get one please.
    i am in canada too
    08-18-10 11:15 AM
    where did you get it? give me the dealer name and i would like to get one please.
    i am in canada too
    Search on your local Kijiji... Plenty of sellers.
    08-18-10 11:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD