Which cases would you recommend? I've always liked the gel/rubber feeling cases. I've only had my torch for a week and really needing a case..I keep having that constant fear of me dropping it(which I always do at some point) and the screen shattering. Or do any of you not use cases? I've started noticing a slight wobble when slider is down and using touch screen..which I've read that seems to be pretty normal, still slightly irritating though.
    03-02-11 09:53 AM
    i leave mine naked, i havent found a good case yet. I just make sure it always gets a clean and empty front pocket
    03-02-11 09:56 AM
    When the device is in my hand I prefer naked. In my pocket the OEM pouch is my first choice.

So far I have dropped the phone twice. One time without protection and one time in the pouch. No significant problems from either fall. Seems like a pretty sturdy device.
    03-02-11 11:11 AM
    The seido innocase-active case someone did a review for the other day looked like a nice case and it has that gel feeling to the bottom, unlike the AGF case(which is a great case, but has its own issues with being to thick IMO)which is smooth plastic on the back.

Seido Innocase-Active-Torch Case review
    UN4GTBL likes this.
    03-02-11 11:14 AM
    The seido innocase-active case someone did a review for the other day looked like a nice case and it has that gel feeling to the bottom, unlike the AGF case(which is a great case, but has its own issues with being to thick IMO)which is smooth plastic on the back.

i just bought this to replace my otterbox after it failed miserably.

not only does the otterbox scratch your phone, the front pops off at the slightest bump and fails to provide any kind of protection at all.
    Last edited by UN4GTBL; 03-02-11 at 03:24 PM.
    03-02-11 03:15 PM
    AGF GRT Shell. Slides into itself so it wont wear out the slider on the Torch itself. Its not gel-like, its hard but works well.
    03-02-11 04:01 PM
    +1 for the AGF GRT and i have also used the Case Mate Barely there
    03-02-11 04:38 PM
    +2 for the AGF GRT.
    Perfect protection at the expense of a little bit of bulk (not a lot though)
    03-02-11 04:55 PM
    Seidio Innocase Surface. Protects but not as well as the Active, but it is less bulky.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-11 05:21 PM
    ^ +3 for the AGF! Fits in Bold belt holster, or in Torch (snug)!
    03-02-11 06:56 PM
    Another vote for the Seidio "Active" Innocase, I have had it for well over and month and love it!
    03-02-11 07:11 PM
    +4 for the AGF GRT case, bulky but quite durable and protective
    03-02-11 07:16 PM
    I use the Otterbox Commuter and at first it seems bulky, but I'm use to it now. Lots of talk about the front cover breaking and now fitting, but earlier Torch's were a bit smaller. I dropped mine and the case worked.

A slide phone case is always hard to buy for. Go to Busy Buy and try some out and see what works for you.
    03-02-11 07:48 PM
    I use the Otterbox Commuter and at first it seems bulky, but I'm use to it now. Lots of talk about the front cover breaking and now fitting, but earlier Torch's were a bit smaller. I dropped mine and the case worked.

A slide phone case is always hard to buy for. Go to Busy Buy and try some out and see what works for you.
    I don't think the Torch changed in size at all since release
    03-02-11 07:51 PM
    protection is overrated
    03-02-11 07:58 PM
    +5 on the AGF GRT. Lovely addition to mine and my wifes Torches.

03-02-11 08:56 PM

I have been using the Seidio Innocase Surface and Active cases and they are both great!

03-02-11 10:50 PM
    I have the Otterbox Commuter case for mine just because I've had an Otterbox for all my other phones and it's protected them 100%. Like some of the other posts on here though I've heard of it scratching the chrome on the phone and the top piece popping off, but haven't experienced either of those issues yet. I can't even see where the case is coming in contact with the chrome parts...can anyone explain more about that problem? Thanks!
    03-03-11 01:29 PM
    I am thinking of picking up the torch...am looking at getting the Seidio Innocase Surface for it...a cpl of ?'s though...what is this AGF GRT case? And can I use the screen protector film with the Innocase?..thanks...len
    03-03-11 11:51 PM
    +6 AGF GRT cases its the best.

03-04-11 12:20 AM
    I have the Otterbox Commuter case for mine just because I've had an Otterbox for all my other phones and it's protected them 100%. Like some of the other posts on here though I've heard of it scratching the chrome on the phone and the top piece popping off, but haven't experienced either of those issues yet. I can't even see where the case is coming in contact with the chrome parts...can anyone explain more about that problem? Thanks!
    The top piece of my torch is scratched up from my otterbox. Its basically plastic on plastic as they didn't bother put any kind of soft surface on the inside of the top piece.

I loved the commuter case for my 9700, but can not with a good conscience recommend the commuter case for the 9800.

I've actually ordered both the Seidio and AGF cases and will decide which one i like when they come in.
    03-04-11 01:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD