Hey there, I've got a torch 9800 in the mail that should be here by mid next week @ latest.

I was hoping to put in an order for a protective case today so I could have it arrive around the same time.

However, I've seen a ton of terrible reviews for - what would have been my first choice - the otterbox commuter .

They all same to be saying the same things too so I'm inclined to think its true (duh).

Any solutions? ??

thx!
    04-21-11 10:09 AM
    AGF GRT is what you want.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-11 10:28 AM
    AGF GRT is what you want.

x2 on the AGF GRT case.
    04-21-11 11:16 AM
    i was wondering this as well. i got the otterbox and yes, the front bezel piece breaks but the agf grt case doesnt have protection for open ports. its why i still use the back part of the case.
    04-21-11 11:28 AM
    +1 for AGF GRT case, or the AGF ENDO case + holster.

04-21-11 11:38 AM
    i was wondering this as well. i got the otterbox and yes, the front bezel piece breaks but the agf grt case doesnt have protection for open ports. its why i still use the back part of the case.
    I must agree, I like the Otterbox since it protects the ports! If the AGF GRT would have covers on the ports it would be the PERFECT case!
    04-21-11 12:50 PM
    Agreed gary. I am a mechanic and when dirt got into my palm pre it basically turned into a no audio phone. Rthe otterbox makes this phone huge and had bad cooling and breaks easily (front bezel), but in the end, the port coverings make it THE case for me.

04-21-11 01:04 PM
    I had the AGF case/holster and hated it. It was awful.

The holster design is terrible. Twice it unclipped just with normal body movements and fell. Both times the top cover popped off. Another two times it unclipped but I caught it before it fell. I sold it on EBay.

I now have the Seido case and holster and love it. The holster is a different design. No drops yet.
    04-21-11 03:36 PM
    The Seidio case with holster is great. I would suggest going to a Best Buy and getting the one they make for Best Buy, the Platinum Series is the title and it's the same thing just made for Best Buy and is a bit cheaper on the price.
    04-21-11 04:17 PM
    The Seidio case with holster is great. I would suggest going to a Best Buy and getting the one they make for Best Buy, the Platinum Series is the title and it's the same thing just made for Best Buy and is a bit cheaper on the price.
    Ditto on the Best Buy case. Had one since December. Great case!

04-21-11 06:18 PM
    +1 for Seidio Innocase. The holster is great, too.

04-21-11 06:23 PM
    I bought the Otterbox for the torch and promptly sold it off -very bulky.
    I am currently using the case mate barely there until I get the AGF as noted a few times above. CM looks nice and discrete
    But the the top piece constantly popping off is a pain.

Hey there, I've got a torch 9800 in the ma
    il that should be here by mid next week @ latest.

I was hoping to put in an order for a protective case today so I could have it arrive around the same time.kio

However, I've seen a ton of terrible reviews for - what would have been my first choice - the otterbox commuter .

They all same to be saying the same things too so I'm inclined to think its true (duh).

Any solutions? ??

thx!
    Last edited by PD in T-DOT; 04-21-11 at 11:10 PM.
    04-21-11 11:07 PM
    if you can't find a case you like, you might want to just leave the device naked, to enjoy it's true beauty... you can always get a screen protector / device protective film... ZAGG makes a pretty decent one, and you can get them relatively cheap on eBay... Blackberry Torch 9800 invisibleSHIELD Screen Protector | eBay
    04-24-11 10:42 PM
    I would also recommend the Seidio Innocase combo. Here's a quick compare of the two.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f77/sei...photos-547390/
    04-25-11 06:19 AM
    Check on ebay for good price.
    04-25-11 06:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD