I've been lurking this place for a while now, and i've been trying to get shazam for my torch. Seeing as i had no luck downloading it from app world. I contacted shazam and they provided a link for a touch screen compatible version of shazam here. Not sure if old, but enjoy.

Download Shazam for Mobile
    pn94 likes this.
    01-10-11 12:51 PM
    DL it right now. Hope it's a free version lol
    01-10-11 02:09 PM
    Yes, its the free version with 5 tags per month limit, you can order the full ENCORE version within the app
    01-10-11 02:20 PM
    Seeing as i had no luck downloading it from app world. I contacted shazam and they provided a link for a touch screen compatible version of shazam here. Not sure if old, but enjoy.
    what was the issue downloading it from AppWorld?

i've had it for awhile and haven't experienced any issues with it.
    01-10-11 02:28 PM
    Weird. Both free and pay versions are in the app world for me. No issues with it.
    01-10-11 04:13 PM
    Ive been looking everywhere for this as App World doesnt work here -.-
    Thanks alot for this man !!
    01-10-11 04:55 PM
    Yes, it shows for me as well. (And I have it installed via App World.)

Here's the App World webstore page: BlackBerry App World - Shazam
    There is a list of countries. Is where you live omitted?

If you live in a "compatible" country but cannot DL Shazam via App World, do the following:
    1. Open App World.
    2. Go to My World section.
    3. If you had Shazam previously, double-check that it is under the Unavailable list still.
    4. If it's still Unavailable, hold down your ALT key and type the 3 letters R S T.
    5. The ALT+RST will freze App World then close it. (If it doesn't, do teh ALT+RST again.)
    6. Re-open App World, and search Shazam to see if it's now available. Or if you had it before, go to My World and see if it's moved from the Unavailable list to the Uninstalled list.
    7. Download.
    8. Shazam away!

ALT+RST is like a battery pull for App World. Use it if something isn't showing as you believe it should be.
    01-10-11 05:02 PM
    Yea its omitted from the list i live in Saudi Arabia...everything is omitted really :P
    01-10-11 05:15 PM
    it used to work find when i had a 8520 curve, could download it from app world fine, now that i got a torch it was listed in my app world history as "unavailable". I had to settle from some old version that wasnt meant for the torch. I know a lot of people has had this problem and the ALT + RST trick didnt work either.

Well, happy to finally give somethig back to this forum.
    01-10-11 05:25 PM
    it used to work find when i had a 8520 curve, could download it from app world fine, now that i got a torch it was listed in my app world history as "unavailable". I had to settle from some old version that wasnt meant for the torch. I know a lot of people has had this problem and the ALT + RST trick didnt work either.

Well, happy to finally give somethig back to this forum.
    Just curious, in which country do you live?

And also, when was the last time you tried an ALT+RST in App World?
    Shazam was unavailable for Torch initially, then made available, then withdrawn again, then made available again. Maybe you haven't tried the reset while Shazam was actually available.
    01-10-11 05:29 PM
    Yea its omitted from the list i live in Saudi Arabia...everything is omitted really :P
    No Saudi Arabia is on the list of available countries for Shazam.

I'm staring at the list on my PC screen right now...
    01-10-11 05:31 PM
    Well i wasnt talking bout Shazam, cz i DL through the OTA link
    am talking bout App world it doesnt work here
    01-10-11 05:42 PM
    I've got a Windows Phone 7 device (boo hiss, I know I know)

GF like the look of the Torch. I love Blackberry, I have a Curve for work.
    (Simple things, like "SILENT" Except allow these calls through, are mature profile things that iPhone, WinMo and Android can seemingly only dream of)

BBM, super prevalent in the youngsters category, so useful for contact with the kids.

Just wanna know how people feel about the Torch, and BB 6.
    I've read a few reports on here about hanging devices etc.

Battery last for a day?

Any thoughts, gratefully received.
    01-10-11 06:04 PM
    Just curious, in which country do you live?

And also, when was the last time you tried an ALT+RST in App World?
    Shazam was unavailable for Torch initially, then made available, then withdrawn again, then made available again. Maybe you haven't tried the reset while Shazam was actually available.

I live in the US, but the torch i bought it overseas unlocked last December. Shazam doesnt even show up when u search for it on app world, and i click a link it shows me the app but no Download link. I've had the torch since dec 24th. I used the ALT + RST trick a handful of times, didnt work.

Its okay tho, Shazam themselves provided me with that link
    Last edited by huecobros; 01-10-11 at 06:25 PM.
    01-10-11 06:17 PM

(Simple things, like "SILENT" Except allow these calls through, are mature profile things that iPhone, WinMo and Android can seemingly only dream of)

BBM, super prevalent in the youngsters category, so useful for contact with the kids.

Battery last for a day?

I suggest you create a thread just for this purpose.
    01-10-11 06:20 PM
    ALT + RST hasn't worked in AppWorld for awhile.

to resolve the issue where apps are showing UNAVAILABLE, but you know they are available for your device, i went to the BlackBerry menu and did REFRESH LIST.

it basically does what ALT + RST used to do.
    01-11-11 07:37 AM

Battery last for a day?

Can you say "Hijack a thread" for my own purposes just because it's at the top of the list?
    01-11-11 07:51 AM

to resolve the issue where apps are showing UNAVAILABLE, but you know they are available for your device, i went to the BlackBerry menu and did REFRESH LIST.

did that already, didn't work either. As i said, i did i little research before asking for help.
    01-11-11 08:29 AM

I'm sorry but this just isn't correct about ALT+RST not working for awhile now.

ALT+RST doesn't work how it did in App World 1.0, where it would remove archived and/or uninstalled apps from your My World list; but it does still work.

With AW2.0, ALT+RST does resolve the issue of an app showing unavailable when it really is available, in addition to an app showing an upgrade is available when you've already completed that upgrade, or an upgrade not appearing when you know there is one.

I hadn't even noticed the Refresh List option as ALT+RST has always done its job for me, but that's good to know and a lot simpler if it indeed does the exact same. I'll try that first next time I have an issue to experiment with it.
    01-12-11 01:46 AM
    Well i wasnt talking bout Shazam, cz i DL through the OTA link
    am talking bout App world it doesnt work here
    Oh ok, I see now.
    I just assumed that if App World showed an app was available in a particular country, that App World itself was available in that country too.
    But we all know what happens when you assume things�
    01-12-11 01:59 AM
    Can you say "Hijack a thread" for my own purposes just because it's at the top of the list?
    LOL, I just spent 10 minutes today looking for my post to see replies.
    Got flummoxed, hit the search and found my post in the middle of this thread.

Purely unintentional hijack on my part, please accept my humble apologies.
    (Makes it more embarrassing that I wasn't drunk)

Ignorance is no defence, so will take the public flogging I am due.

Carry on folks
    01-13-11 05:05 PM
    Great share, thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-11 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD