Ok���..so, I was a happy BB user for a long time until the iPhone hit the market a few years ago. I was so smitten by the iPhone that I actually switched carriers so that I could own, what I thought at the time was the most elite of elite phones. So, I got myself the iPhone 3G, then upgraded later to the 3GS� I was happy, all along. Then when the iPhone 4 hit the market I was as excited as the next Apple user to get my hands on the new phone, however, looking back now it was only luck (at least for me) that the supply of the new phones availability was so limited. I decided that I would wait until the bugs that seemed so prevalent from the beginning to get worked out and then upgrade later this year. Then, from nowhere, I discover the new Torch! As a BB lover I was very excited to see that there was a new device coming out that met my desires and on my network. I still wasn�t sure until I laid my hands on the Torch at the AT&T store and fell in love immediately. My contract on the iPhone had reached maturity and I was free to pick and choose the device I wanted. I went into the store that morning to see if there were any iPhones in stock, expecting that they would tell me know, but believe it or not, they had two iPhones that was ready to sell, but, after playing around with the Torch and loving the feel of the phone and the familiarity of the BB software I was locked in� I walked out the door with the new Torch in my hand! So, once again, I have came home to the BB.

So far I LOVE IT. I am discovering new things about it everyday. Its so nice to have options with the BB. The iPhone is so limited as far as personal options, choices and settings. I�m not going to bash the iPhone, in fact I loved the phone while I owned two different versions for 3 years, but as I said, I love the many options and the sleek design of a BB, especially the Torch.

So, with so many post from people complaining they think they have made a mistake getting the Torch, blah, blah, blah�.I thought I�d share an upbeat experience. For those considering the Torch, get to the store today and lay your hands on the sweetest piece of BB electronics you will ever hold����
    08-16-10 07:30 AM
    Refreshing to hear. Usually people coming from different platforms will go into looking at a BlackBerry with a negative attitude and will be looking for something - anything to complain about. I showed my Torch to my friend who is an iPhone user. He looked at it for all of 10 seconds and said "I'm getting one."
    08-16-10 07:40 AM
    I agree with NoahFecks. it was refreshing to hear something like this esp when it was about not knocking another phone/manufacturer. Well I hope the bb continues to make you happy. Sick of these 1 posts wonders coming here with their androids and laying waste to all the 'stupid blackberry' users. I'm all for constructive criticism but I digress.

Hopefully it gets released soon - I apparently have a few months to wait.
    08-16-10 08:06 AM
    The best thing about the OP was the complete lack of 'hate'.

Great post.
    08-16-10 09:16 AM
    Love this post! I got swept away in all the iPhone craze when I got the 3G for $99. Before that happened, I was all about being part of the crackberry nation. But after a year with the iPhone, the novelty wore off. Sure, the media aspects of that phone are fantastic, but the phone functioning as a PHONE was really lacking. It was a drop call nightmare! Reception was awful. Finally, a few months ago when we started getting all these bugs from the latest software upgrade, I had enough. I'd press the contacts icon and it would randomly dial someone out of my phone book. Everything was SO slow. I thought I was doomed until the Torch came out. Finally able to jump back to Blackberry and I love it. It's a great device. I love that it's more social media friendly now.
    08-16-10 12:10 PM
    I've got a ton of friends who have iPhones...but soon the novelty of all the cool (but useless) apps wears off. I've got an iPod touch so I can get any of the apps and media experience, but for me that's NOT enough. I was thinking about switching to an iPhone recently, because I was SO sick of my phone. Then I picked up a Torch and fell back in love with BB...I have a feeling this device will just get better and better as more accessories/apps become available!

ooo a bit ot sorry. Great post! Nice to see something that isn't jam packed with complaints for once!
    08-16-10 12:16 PM
    I agree totally. The iPhone as a "telephone" is very lacking. The reception was terrible from the very beginning and never got better. And, like you, when I downloaded the latest software upgrade many things got worse, aside from wors\ reception, my phone began lagging so badly... I mean, I'd open the messages and it would honestly take like 5-8 seconds before it would open. I think that was when I definitely decided it was time to check some berries out.

Since my last post I have only fallen more in love with my Torch. It is so refreshing to have so MANY options ! Again, I loved my iPhone while I had it, and dont want to diss on it at all, but I have now found out that I've been a BB freak from the word go!
    08-18-10 07:16 AM
    ...oh and the signal strength and call quality are awesome with the Torch...! Someone mentioned the Droid phones...I like those as well. My best bud has a Motorola Droid and it is an awesome peice of work, but I still like the Berry better.
    08-18-10 07:22 AM
    Great post. Nice to here some of the good things. Like i have said many times the torch is the best of the 5 different blackberry's i have had.
    08-18-10 09:56 AM
    congrats on your purchase
    08-18-10 10:43 AM
    Glad to hear you like it, knoxnonlabeled. I hope to try it out myself soon...
    08-18-10 01:26 PM
    Congrats to the OP. This is a very refreshing thread; it seems to have become fashionable to tear down the Torch and RIM, and for a Crackberry addict for the past few years who has been critical of some of RIM's decisions, the Torch has been a winner.
    08-18-10 04:14 PM
    *Double post*
    08-18-10 04:16 PM
    I just had my loyal 9000 die due to trackball issues. I came up through the typical route, Mot 7868 to V60 to Treo650 but fell in love with the pearl. the pearl led to a bold and that has help me since launch day. when the bold broke, I thought I would expand my horizons. I used to build apps for the Zaurus, so I am familiar with Linux as a handheld platform and thought it would be great to try android. I got the Captivate and was enthralled, the screen is huge, the thing is prety fast too, and there are many apps, and it games great. BUT, the calendar does not allow me to dial from an appointment, its colors are unusable (purple with black text), the exchange sync is very slow, the email app is very slow, etc...

after giving it a week to see how I would adjust, I went back and traded for the Torch. Back home I put in my BES settings and was up and running. Comfort and new all in one.

I got the bedside dock and the otterbox, still need a holster and screen protector.

Looking at apps, yes it is a bit shy. sure there are the old apps, but not everything likes the touchscreen or formfactor. I am sure these will grow. I cant wait for new OS's to speed some of the lag. it is a great device, and one i will most likely sport for the next several years.

The android is a great device as well, it just depends on where you put your priorities. Mine are on email/calendar/todo/messaging. If I was into movies/games/media I am sure the android does a great job, just not for my crackberry addled brain.
    08-18-10 04:55 PM
    Respect for not bashing on any specific devices and most importantly welcome back you'll begin to love your phone even more every day while you figure out something new.
    Last edited by Steemlives; 08-18-10 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Typo
    08-18-10 05:00 PM
    Thank you for a great post that compares greatly to the crap that we have been reading lately.

I can't wait to get my hands on it here in the UK.

Hopefully it will land in september.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-10 05:08 PM
    I agree with everyone...nice to finally see people who are enjoying the torch and not breaking it down and complaining. No phone is perfect these days I just left T-mobile the other day and had to return the MyTouch3g slide...it was a good phone but I missed my blackberry bold 9700. I have decided to stick with blackberry...to each there own.
    08-18-10 05:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD