Got a problem with my holster... The red thread on the side is coming off after just 3 days =S

ANyone got a similar issue? What did you do?
    10-30-10 08:23 AM
    I've had mine for 2-3 weeks now - the red thread seems to be unchanged. I suppose you can either work on your sewing/leatherworking, let it come out and live with it, or return it and get a new one.
    10-30-10 08:51 AM
    Why the heck is it there anyway?? I have it, too. It's been about 2 weeks and it is still okay.
    10-30-10 09:38 AM
    I am living in the vanguard of problems with the OEM leather pocket because I've had it since it first came out six months ago. The unraveling thread problem (it usually starts with the thread on the other side from the red thread) can be fixed by carefully cauterizing the end of the thread with a lighter.

A new problem has just developed, however. The thin (VERY thin) leather and the inner liner are peeling back at the corners to reveal what is none other than a piece of crap cardboard:

The pockets for earlier devices (such as the original Bold 9000 OEM pocket) were much sturdier. This is pasted together crap. RIM should be ashamed of itself.

In brief interim between the release of the Torch and the release of its pocket, I had picked up and had been using the OEM pocket for the Storm 2. It fits fine, although it (1) is thicker leather, and (2) doesn't have the curved recess on the side that lets you pull the Torch out by its sides -- instead you have to pinch the top of the Torch and pull. This might not be good for the slider mechanism (wobble!). But I still may end up going back to it unless a little glue will help.
    03-02-11 08:31 AM
    A new problem has just developed, however. The thin (VERY thin) leather and the inner liner are peeling back at the corners to reveal what is none other than a piece of crap cardboard
    I have the same exact problem and I also got this pouch (and loved it) when it first came out!
    I am now looking for an alternative pouch but I don't think there are that many options.
    03-02-11 08:45 AM
    I have the same exact problem and I also got this pouch (and loved it) when it first came out!
    I am now looking for an alternative pouch but I don't think there are that many options.
    Well, there are three that I know of, but none of them are perfect.

(1) The Storm 2 leather pocket. $15.21 w/shipping at Amazon. The one I had before the 9800 pocket itself came out. Fits perfectly, but has three downsides -- no side grooves to allow you to pull the Torch out by its sides, the back of the case doesn't extend all the way to the top to cover the camera lens like the 9800 pocket, and its got this stupid emblem button that sticks out and looks a little fem.

(2) The Storm 2 leatherette pocket. $4.99 plus free shipping at Amazon (it says "lambskin leather" but it's not). I used this the first week I had the Torch and gave it away when I got the Storm 2 leather pocket. Also fits perfectly. It doesn't have the Storm 2 leather pocket's emblem button, but it does lack the side grooves and a back going all of the way to the top.

(3) The 9630/9650 pocket. $7.32 w/shipping at Amazon. Has the same dimensions as the Torch, so should fit as well. It DOES have side grooves, but like the Storm 2 pockets, the back doesn't extend all of the way up. Also, it's only available in leatherette. I might just try it out, although it looks awfully like a wallet. I might put it in my back pocket and sit on it by accident.
    03-02-11 09:32 AM
    I found this one but it's expensive and there does not seem to be anyone in the US who carries it:
    BlackBerry Torch 9800 "The Pouch" Vertical Case

Looks really good but not sure I want to spend that much. I used a different Beyza case before, when I had my Bold, and they make a high-quality product.
    03-02-11 10:20 AM
    I've had my OEM 9800 pocket for almost 3 months, it looks brand new like when I first got it...I guess it will depend on how you use it and how much abuse you put it through.

But even old 9000 OEM leather pocket that I had for 2 years had started to separate on the inside. I mean it is a wear and tear item and I wouldn't expect it to remain perfect. As long as it continues to protect the phone then it will be doing its job.
    03-02-11 11:16 AM
    Have had mine for a few months now and just cauterize the thread when it comes loose. Other then that it still looks brand new.

I had the storm 2 pouch for a while before the torch one came out and didn't like the fact that the top wasn't protected, cause if you have ever dropped it a couple times you'll know it always lands top down. Also you have to slide it in to face toward the metal rim logo to use the magnet, and I was afraid of it cracking the screen if it fell on the button logo.
    03-02-11 11:26 AM
    i removed that thread immediately, as the case is too damn tight to start with, and constantly was pushing buttons, causing popup issues.
    03-02-11 02:24 PM
    I have the one with the red thread and it's still in perfect condition. Am currently using the black/pink pouch my mom got me.
    03-02-11 03:22 PM
    I have the Torch case and it's falling apart. I'm really disappointed by the quality of it. By other blackberry cases seemed to have lasted nearly forever. But my Torch case is crap. You are not alone.... many people are having this problem. The part that folds over to close the case is separating into three different layers. And the parts of the case that are not stitched are also separating.

I started a thread before but it was moved to another section.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f77/tor...-apart-583602/
    03-02-11 05:39 PM
    Guys, this is Blackberry's best phone ever...The Torch!! It also comes with Blackberry's worst case ever!! The red thread on my case is ok, but the insides are peeling like crazy. I even super glued it together and it's still falling apart. Out of all the BB's I've had in my life, this case is the worst ever. Good work BB I hope your reading this. Use your head!!! 600.00 phone = crap case????
    03-02-11 09:21 PM
    I've had my OEM 9800 pocket for almost 3 months, it looks brand new like when I first got it...I guess it will depend on how you use it and how much abuse you put it through.

But even old 9000 OEM leather pocket that I had for 2 years had started to separate on the inside. I mean it is a wear and tear item and I wouldn't expect it to remain perfect. As long as it continues to protect the phone then it will be doing its job.
    Check back in another 3 months -- mine seemed fine, too, three months ago. And you can't possibly compare the 9000 and 9800 cases. One is quality, one is crap. I used my 9000 leather pocket for almost two years and it is still in very good shape, with just a worn-in leather look, no separation issues (or any other issues for that matter) . In a quarter of that time, the 9800 case has just started disintegrating. It's just cardboard containing a couple of (presumably plastic) magnetic strips wrapped in wafer-thin embossed leather.C
    03-03-11 08:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD