The official release of .246 (Rogers) is now available for download from BB:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do
    10-01-10 12:37 PM
    any idea if this can be installed on AT&T's 9800 if i delete the vendor file?
    10-01-10 12:45 PM
    any idea if this can be installed on AT&T's 9800 if i delete the vendor file?
    Yes you can. I've been running the leaked version since it was first available.
    10-01-10 12:47 PM
    yeah i have the leaked also installed, but just wondering if i should install the official
    10-01-10 12:49 PM
    how do u delete the vendor file?
    10-01-10 01:17 PM
    Lol

10 chars

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-10 01:21 PM
    yeah i have the leaked also installed, but just wondering if i should install the official
    The leaked and official are most likely EXACTLY the same.

Upgrade procedure:

Uninstall any OLD BlackBerry OS versions from your computer if you have them.

Install .246 to your computer. This means you double click on the OS.exe file that you downloaded and let Windows install it.

Plug in your phone and use Desktop Manager 6.0 (DM) to make a backup of your device.

Close DM and go to:

C:\program files(86)\common files\research in motion\apploader\

From there delete vendor.xml, if it's there, then run loader.exe

Follow the instructions - make sure you look closely at the list of items that have or do not have check marks next to them so you install what you want and don't install what you don't want.

When the popup asks if it should make a backup of your device and restore your 3rd party apps, it should be selected to do it. Do not change it.

Wait about 15-20 minutes for the process to complete and your phone to reboot completely before disconnecting. You will probably get an EntryPoint error at the end - do not worry.

Enjoy and let us know how it went. Always remember it takes several battery pulls while you're getting your phone running again before the OS becomes stable. If it seems slow at first just give it some time to do it's thing and when it seems to have caught up, do another battery pull.

Good luck and feel free to PM me if you have any trouble!
    10-01-10 02:35 PM
    The OP link won't work. So...

BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.695 (Multilanguage) https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...2D57D6B61F423E

BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.695 (Asia) https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...06EDE92CD628FC
    10-01-10 02:58 PM
    The leaked and official are most likely EXACTLY the same.

Upgrade procedure:
    Can i downlaod this straight from my phone?

10-01-10 03:19 PM
    no there is no ota
    10-01-10 03:28 PM
    Can i downlaod this straight from my phone
    No. It has to be installed to your computer and then you use Apploader to install it to your phone.
    10-01-10 05:21 PM
    i already have the leak version but i wanna install the original how do i do it? i downloaded the file and once i open DM it tells me theres no updates
    so how do i reinstall the OS?

reason i wanna isntall is the Multilanguage
    10-01-10 05:34 PM
    You probably have to wipe your device with BBSAK, install the OS you want, then manually restore 3rd party apps [with BBSAK] and then restore from your backup file with DM.

It might be possible, though, to delete the old .246 from your computer then install the multi-language one - then launch loader.exe with your phone plugged in - after hitting next a few times it should take you to the application selection screen and you might be able to just click the languages you want installed...

I've never actually done that though. No harm in trying I guess!
    Last edited by jeffreii; 10-02-10 at 08:19 AM.
    10-01-10 05:48 PM
    i did it all seems ok. i had to work on the 3rd party apps but got them all set. seems much faster. i wish att had shipped with this os. really would have helped with the bad press. i will see how battery life goes should know in a day or two. i am really hoping to have more volume and less tin sound.
    10-01-10 06:03 PM
    did you already have the 246 installed? how diod oyu get it to install the new version?

i dont care about 3rd party apps, ill re do them
    10-01-10 06:17 PM
    Very cool! Can't wait to install tonight!

And FYI for all the naysayers, YES, YOU CAN download the install file THROUGH YOUR TORCH! You are very able to utilize the Torches ability to download large files, such as the .246 installer, and save the file directly to your memory card, providing you have room/one installed. You are NOT, able to install, OTA (Over The Air). You will still need to connect to the computer and install .246 to your computer, then back to your phone as normal.

This function is great as it allows you to download the file out and on the go, like I just did while at work. Also, my computer does NOT have an internet connection, therefore I wouldn't be able to download the file to my PC.

Hope this info helps some of you less fortunate, or busy Berry users!

10-01-10 08:05 PM
    i can download that large of a file onto the phone?
    10-01-10 08:28 PM
    Provided you have the room on your memory card to save, yes. Its just like a large USB drive.

I downloaded .214, .225, .246, and OS5 for my Bold 9000 through my Torch.

Last edited by SRWitty; 10-01-10 at 09:22 PM.
    10-01-10 09:10 PM
    Yes I suppose if you don't have internet on your computer and want to download it to your phone, transfer it to the computer and install it there you can.

However, for most people, downloading using a broadband computer connection is faster and easier - especially since you have to install it to the computer in the end anyways.

Like I said, you install .246 to your computer. Backup your apps and phone. Use BBSAK to "Wipe" the device. Then run Apploader using BBSAK and it will allow you to install the new OS onto your "Wiped" device.

You can try to install just the language files by not wiping and then running Apploader but I'm not sure if that works or not.
    10-01-10 09:25 PM
    You probably have to wipe your device with BBSAK, install the OS you want, then manually restore 3rd party apps and then restore from your backup file with DM.

It might be possible, though, to delete the old .246 from your computer then install the multi-language one - then launch loader.exe with your phone plugged in - after hitting next a few times it should take you to the application selection screen and you might be able to just click the languages you want installed...

I've never actually done that though. No harm in trying I guess!
    BBSAK will backup & restore 3rd party apps. I do it all the time.

10-01-10 11:51 PM
    Is it better we download the official .246 or we can keep the leaked version on our phones?
    10-02-10 07:20 AM
    BBSAK will backup & restore 3rd party apps. I do it all the time.
    Sorry I meant to say manually restore your 3rd party apps with BBSAK...as opposed to the automatic restore that Apploader can do for you if you don't wipe with BBSAK.

Is it better we download the official .246 or we can keep the leaked version on our phones?
    99% chance that the official and leaked .246 versions are exactly the same.
    10-02-10 08:18 AM
    It doesn't matter. I've compared both versions and they appear to be identical.
    10-02-10 11:11 AM
    Thanks! I'll stick with the leak then.

10-02-10 11:13 AM
    I think I read somewhere on the forums that this OS will not work on unlocked 9800's used on Tmobile, correct?
    10-02-10 12:18 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD