So .337 went official on 9th November, and since then there hasn't been a new version for the 9800, either official or leaked. What's going on? Is RIM working on a version which can make toast? Is it going to be so good that battery life will be tripled and WiFi reception will hit full strength?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-11 02:38 PM
    I hope they come with an update to fix the volume during calls and to address some performance issues.

01-01-11 03:42 PM
    Id love for some other way to lock the screen too!!! I have pattern lock now, but I wish the factory keypad lock was better!!! The only 1 convience button kills me b/c that's my pattern lock now and it used to be my Screenmuncher....
    01-01-11 04:27 PM
    So .337 went official on 9th November, and since then there hasn't been a new version for the 9800, either official or leaked. What's going on? Is RIM working on a version which can make toast? Is it going to be so good that battery life will be tripled and WiFi reception will hit full strength?

RIM doesn't release firmware updates to end users, the carriers do.
    howarmat, homer1475 and rhaneyjr like this.
    01-01-11 04:30 PM
    I wish they would come up with an option to mute camera shutter.
    01-01-11 05:55 PM
    I believe that was a legal requirement due to all the upskirt photos that were being taken, without the person's knowledge.

01-01-11 06:17 PM
    RIM doesn't release firmware updates to end users, the carriers do.
    Yes, agree, but as soon as a carrier release happens, someone (usually) posts it on here...

01-01-11 07:04 PM
    Id love for some other way to lock the screen too!!! I have pattern lock now, but I wish the factory keypad lock was better!!! The only 1 convience button kills me b/c that's my pattern lock now and it used to be my Screenmuncher....
    The screen lock's been terrible since they changed it in OS 5 on the 9700 (and others). Mine just keeps locking/unlocking itself in my pocket. When it's unlocked it ends up doing all sorts of curious things. We want out *-SEND unlock back!

01-01-11 07:07 PM
    The screen lock's been terrible since they changed it in OS 5 on the 9700 (and others). Mine just keeps locking/unlocking itself in my pocket. When it's unlocked it ends up doing all sorts of curious things. We want out *-SEND unlock back!

They do have the *-SEND unlock setting, I just tried it on my phone. The phone went black, but if you start pressing buttons on the keyboard the screen says,"The screen is locked, press the lock button to unlock"
    01-02-11 11:44 AM
    dont know if this gives anyone hope, but iv seen .359 show up on my webstats
    01-02-11 12:24 PM
    They do have the *-SEND unlock setting, I just tried it on my phone. The phone went black, but if you start pressing buttons on the keyboard the screen says,"The screen is locked, press the lock button to unlock"
    Ideally I'd be able to use the lock button to lock the phone, but not to unlock it, with a *-SEND key sequence providing the unlock function. I wonder if there's an app which disables the unlock function of the lock button???

01-02-11 01:09 PM
    Interesting. Are you seeing anything else like different languages or specific IP addresses the requests are coming from?

01-02-11 01:10 PM
    01-02-11 01:24 PM
    Whatever rims working on its pretty big. They said they would add flash support to the torch and we did witness its browser having flash support on the playbook. There's issues with os6 and it seems like rims trying to fix it. Maybe TET's working on a new theme for it

01-02-11 02:40 PM
    Just use QuickLaunch. It mutes the camera.
    rhaneyjr likes this.
    01-02-11 03:40 PM
    .359 is old anyways considering they are well into .4xx builds
    01-02-11 03:53 PM
    QuickLaunch looses its ability to be useful rather quickly seeing the Torch hasn't a left side convienence key.

01-02-11 04:48 PM
    I can't find the QL mute function on my torch with quicklaunch... Does anyone have it working? It worked fine on my 9000

01-02-11 05:18 PM
    I can't find the QL mute function on my torch with quicklaunch... Does anyone have it working? It worked fine on my 9000

Go to QL Options and then towards the bottom "Add Camera Mute to System Menu" there will be an option to turn that, and a few others on or off.
    01-02-11 05:25 PM
    Go to QL Options and then towards the bottom "Add Camera Mute to System Menu" there will be an option to turn that, and a few others on or off.
    I've tried that, all I have is add QL, add tilt lock, and add screen capture to system menu. No mute

01-02-11 05:40 PM
    Interesting. Are you seeing anything else like different languages or specific IP addresses the requests are coming from?

comes up as

Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9800; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.359 Mobile Safari/534.1
    also slightly off topic, iv also had Mac OSX 10.7 Lion (unreleased) show up too

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; en-US; rv:13.37) Gecko/20121221 Firefox/4.7
    while it doesnt matter to me because its mac, do note the firefox 4.7!! big jump from 3.6
    01-02-11 08:14 PM

Doesn't work on os6 because its not supposed to.

01-02-11 08:37 PM
    Doesn't work on os6 because its not supposed to.

Shoot I was afraid of that. Thanks

01-03-11 12:25 AM
    .359 is old anyways considering they are well into .4xx builds
    Makes me wonder, though, why someone who has .359, which none of us have, wouldn't have access to a more recent build.
    01-03-11 03:18 PM
    comes up as

also slightly off topic, iv also had Mac OSX 10.7 Lion (unreleased) show up too

while it doesnt matter to me because its mac, do note the firefox 4.7!! big jump from 3.6

Isn't firefox 4.7 the lastest beta? Not sure. I have 4.0 beta build 7
    01-03-11 08:53 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD