Again we have it. Another Torch OS leak. This time from Driphter.com, according to crackberry. OS .225 was an astonishing improvement over it's predecessors. Let's hope the same for this leak! Post your findings, glitches, and feedback here!

Simple instructions to install:

1. Download the OS to your PC
    2. Uninstall any previous OS's you have on your PC
    3. Install OS .246
    4. Disconnect your PC from the internet (I don't have to do this but you may. I see people recommend it.)
    5. Connect your Torch via USB and open desktop manager
    6. Always back up your blackberry before updating to a new OS
    7. Update your blackberry (Desktop manager should automatically give you this option)

Enjoy!

Download link: Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: 9800M_PBr6.0.0_rel695_PL6.4.0.105_A6.0.0.246.exe
    Last edited by Jghost23; 09-20-10 at 05:54 PM.
    09-20-10 05:48 PM
    Shoulda posted this in the Beta OS thread. The mods will move it shortly, but I do think it'll get more traffic here.

I have installed it and don't see a huge difference as of yet. I tend to watch the battery first....
    09-20-10 05:51 PM
    I see, i figured it would get more traffic here because every Torch user skims this section. I'm downloading now. I'll post my findings shortly.
    09-20-10 05:55 PM
    Dear Mod - please do not move this thread to the BETA OS forum and create a "double thread" issue. Instead, please lock it or delete it.

Thank you!
    09-20-10 05:56 PM
    Yea, I just noticed the other thread. My Apologies -_-
    09-20-10 06:04 PM
    more mem space at about 60mb -100mb, track pad runs smoother a bit too smooth, and the apn connection seems to be ok so far, dont know how strong the battery is or the radio but will check that tonight on my way passing the dead spot where i tests all radios to see how good they are, the batter on the before OS wasnt bad but will see this as well. thanks for this leak.
    09-20-10 06:33 PM
    more mem space at about 60mb -100mb, track pad runs smoother a bit too smooth, and the apn connection seems to be ok so far, dont know how strong the battery is or the radio but will check that tonight on my way passing the dead spot where i tests all radios to see how good they are, the batter on the before OS wasnt bad but will see this as well. thanks for this leak.

Really? that's good feedback.. I really appreciate it. I'll install when I can thanks
    09-20-10 08:03 PM
    Running fine so far on my Torch. This phone is getting closer with each update to a major "keeper".
    09-20-10 09:38 PM
    I've heard from several people the battery life decreased with this build, can anyone confirm?
    09-20-10 09:55 PM
    I too can see why people would look here instead of the other board for leaks. It might be nice if the "official" threads were posted on the relevant phone's board first and then move it, which leaves the "moved" thread, then sticky the "moved" thread. In essence, creating a direct sticky'ed link on said phone's board.
    09-20-10 10:05 PM
    i just cant find the other tread that has this build on it only this one and ill leave the feedback here. Ok this is the show down on this build so far, my boot time is around the same as the build before, the OS is very smooth and active no slow downs or errors, when rebooting on the one before i use to get a error that stopped the camera from functioning fully so i had to reboot again, this one is not so, the track pad is faster and smoother than 214 and .225. The radio on this build have improved, i tested it tonight and you better believe it, i got reception in places i didnt in .225 or earlier builds and since i have installed this one the apn that everyone is talking about to the bis this one sticks, i haven't gotten any problems yet but will keep my eyes on that I thought it was it was a outage but i was wrong. theres no east asian font support in this build still, it runs very smooth on my device and the virtual keyboard fonts when pressed is bigger just enough for you to see them, the browser is faster than the rest and the dl folder is the same there are no options but one thing i see change is when your dl is complete and you go back to see it via download it clears itself so you can dl as much as you want it will not list only show current dl's. i will check the battery life for a few days to see whats going on, since i left out i had a just a little under full and its still the same this is from around 9 pm to 12.47am but ill test this out harder in the day. so far I can say this build is the best one yet, i have used them all untill this one.
    09-20-10 11:48 PM
    Dup threads are a no-no. Go into the Beta OS forums and I just bet you'll find the thread in the top 5. Don't plan on much activity in this thread.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-10 12:22 AM
    i just cant find the other tread that has this build on it only this one and ill leave the feedback here. Ok this is the show down on this build so far, my boot time is around the same as the build before, the OS is very smooth and active no slow downs or errors, when rebooting on the one before i use to get a error that stopped the camera from functioning fully so i had to reboot again, this one is not so, the track pad is faster and smoother than 214 and .225. The radio on this build have improved, i tested it tonight and you better believe it, i got reception in places i didnt in .225 or earlier builds and since i have installed this one the apn that everyone is talking about to the bis this one sticks, i haven't gotten any problems yet but will keep my eyes on that I thought it was it was a outage but i was wrong. theres no east asian font support in this build still, it runs very smooth on my device and the virtual keyboard fonts when pressed is bigger just enough for you to see them, the browser is faster than the rest and the dl folder is the same there are no options but one thing i see change is when your dl is complete and you go back to see it via download it clears itself so you can dl as much as you want it will not list only show current dl's. i will check the battery life for a few days to see whats going on, since i left out i had a just a little under full and its still the same this is from around 9 pm to 12.47am but ill test this out harder in the day. so far I can say this build is the best one yet, i have used them all untill this one.

Thanks for the feedback. Will be downloading as soon as Friday rolls around.
    09-21-10 12:27 AM
    Text message glitch was fixed in this build. I came from the OS it was shipped with so this is build is really awesome

09-21-10 06:08 AM
    For those who for some reason have a problem finding the Beta OS subforum thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...-246-a-530980/

As far as battery life goes, it's too early to say. You certainly can't tell for sure in the 1st 24 hours.

09-21-10 07:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD