Im going to try this. allthough i dont really miss the native BB ringtones from other devices(kinda like the remixes), I just wish they were a bit louder and from reading this thread these tones are. i just curious is i can use the bmc program to load the .cod's since it has the option also.
    10-09-10 07:16 AM
    That should be fine - I don't know what BMC is but if it will load the .cods it should work.
    10-09-10 08:26 AM
    I cant get BBSAK to recognize my torch ! I have 1.8
    10-09-10 09:16 AM
    I did not upgrade from 1.7 because of the issues with BBSAK 1.8.

I believe there is a BBSAK 1.8.2 though - you should make sure you have that and try again - or downgrade to 1.7

[10/1/10] BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife v1.8.2 - PPCGeeks

1.7 from my signature
    Last edited by jeffreii; 10-09-10 at 09:29 AM.
    10-09-10 09:26 AM
    So since this is a ring tone site.. My bf has a ring tone for me that goes "warning warning its the wife calling its the wife!".... I'm trying to find one that says that but with husband/boyfriend.. Anyone know where I could find it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-10 09:43 AM
    Gonna have to say Google - or make your own. This thread isn't really about custom ringtones - it's about putting the old standard BB ringtones on the Torch.

Good luck!
    10-09-10 09:57 AM
    thanks ! That did the trick
    10-09-10 10:02 AM
    anyone else lose album art on their ringtones when using the device switch wizard in DM 6? i had art on my 8900, on torchie ain't got none.
    10-10-10 07:57 PM
    AT&T too right?

lol honestly I just like helping out in my free time - considering all the help I've gotten from other CB users it's the least I can do.

I have to admit I've been surprised at how this isn't a bigger issue - I'd guess almost every Torch owner would be disappointed by the ringtones/alerts that come with it...but judging by this thread it seems like a lot less.
    I think the reason this isn't a bigger issue is that a lot of users have custom ring tones that they backed up and then loaded on their new Torches. I know that is what I did, I never used one of the built in ring tones when I had my Pearl, Curve, Curve 2, or now the Torch.

On the flip side, a lot of people also don't know about CrackBerry and so we really aren't seeing the true magnitude of the issue.
    10-10-10 09:25 PM
    Hello,

I've attempted "Step 2" and found that it actually dumped most of the Torch's ringtones in place of the BB originals. I kind of grown attached to some of the Torch's built in tone but would still like some of the orginal BB tones in the Torch.

Is there a way to install the .cods without overwriting the Torch's own ringtones? Or is my only options go with the MP3 files for the specific original BB tones to be stored in my media card?

ps: did anyone by chance make a back up .cods for the Torch's tone? I'm attempting a master reset hopefully it restores Torch's original tones .cods

Thanks
    Last edited by Ashtar9999; 10-12-10 at 06:19 PM.
    10-12-10 06:11 PM
    Hello,

I've attempted "Step 2" and found that it actually dumped most of the Torch's ringtones in place of the BB originals. I kind of grown attached to some of the Torch's built in tone but would still like some of the orginal BB tones in the Torch.

Is there a way to install the .cods without overwriting the Torch's own ringtones? Or is my only options go with the MP3 files for the specific original BB tones to be stored in my media card?

ps: did anyone by chance make a back up .cods for the Torch's tone? I'm attempting a master reset hopefully it restores Torch's original tones .cods

Thanks
    I have not noticed any of the original Torch ringtones being overwritten - and no one else in this thread has reported that happening so far - what tones specifically are you missing?

EDIT: These are the files in the ringtones .cod that came with the Torch - I have confirmed that all of them are still on my phone.

<file name="3Beeps.m4a"/>
    <file name="3Bells.m4a"/>
    <file name="Adventurous.m4a"/>
    <file name="Antelope.m4a"/>
    <file name="Aspiration.m4a"/>
    <file name="Assured.m4a"/>
    <file name="Astute.m4a"/>
    <file name="Attentive.m4a"/>
    <file name="Balance.m4a"/>
    <file name="Action.m4a"/>
    <file name="Pursuit.m4a"/>
    <file name="Spirit.m4a"/>
    <file name="ZenSpirit.m4a"/>
    <file name="ClassicPhoneRemix.m4a"/>
    <file name="Confidence.m4a"/>
    <file name="ConfirmRemix.m4a"/>
    <file name="Considerate.m4a"/>
    <file name="ContentmentRemix.m4a"/>
    <file name="Dream.m4a"/>
    <file name="EagerRemix.m4a"/>
    <file name="LightSpeedRemix.m4a"/>
    <file name="MentalNote.m4a"/>
    <file name="MorningBlues.m4a"/>
    <file name="MorningLight.m4a"/>
    <file name="Possibilities.m4a"/>
    <file name="Prompt.m4a"/>
    <file name="Revelation.m4a"/>
    <file name="SanguineRemix.m4a"/>
    <file name="Seaside.m4a"/>
    <file name="Shimmer.m4a"/>
    <file name="Sunrise.m4a"/>
    <file name="Urgent1.m4a"/>
    <file name="Urgent2.m4a"/>
    <file name="Vital.m4a"/>
    Last edited by jeffreii; 10-12-10 at 06:49 PM.
    10-12-10 06:39 PM
    Oh Lord! I'm going to be up all night trying to get those ringtones. Get your coffee ready Jeff! lol!
    10-13-10 12:51 PM
    Interesting but it seems like your second method not only deleted the standard 9800 tones on my torch but also did not install the original tones either :/
    Last edited by Spawn12; 10-22-10 at 04:45 PM.
    10-22-10 04:43 PM
    Interesting but it seems like your second method not only deleted the standard 9800 tones on my torch but also did not install the original tones either :/
    So what did you do wrong? lol

I just did it again after updating .284 and all is well.

Did you do a battery pull after installing the .cod?
    10-22-10 05:11 PM
    I also reloaded the cod's after .284 and had no issues. If you follow it step for step it should go flawless

10-22-10 06:02 PM
    I just use the .zip files and extract the ringtones to the SD card, then set your profiles to use those...

No matter what you do to the system software it's not going to change the memory card (and you don't have to reinstall the .cods).
    10-22-10 06:10 PM
    So what did you do wrong? lol

I just did it again after updating .284 and all is well.

Did you do a battery pull after installing the .cod?
    Lol I followed your instructions...used bbsak to install the .cod...rebooted and found that the 9800 ringtones had vanished...did a battery pull about 5 times and nada.

So ermmm anyone know how to get the 9800 ringtones back?? Lol or am I going to have to re-load the OS again.

10-22-10 06:44 PM
    Find the relevant .cod file in the loader directory on your PC and reload the .cod.
    10-22-10 07:13 PM
    If you install the proper .cod all it does is add ringtones to your device. It doesn't overwrite or anything else. You install the .cod and the ringtones appear - after a reboot.

That being said, the ringtones do not appear in the main list. You have to go to the "All alerts..." selection to see all of them. The main list will still be the 9800 .cods.

Are you saying your main list of ringtones is empty?
    Last edited by jeffreii; 10-22-10 at 11:14 PM.
    10-22-10 08:20 PM
    Hey....... So far it has been 2 weeks with the Blackberry Torch and i love it. It is a solid phone that does it all. I can say it is missing speed. with only a 624ghz processor it is slow. I think with a FASTER processor it would have been the totally package.
    10-22-10 08:27 PM
    Are you running an old OS?
    10-22-10 08:29 PM
    If you install the proper .cod all it does is add ringtones to your device. It doesn't overwrite or anything else. You install the .cod and the ringtones appear - after a reboot.

That being said, the ringtones do not appear in the main list. You have to go to the "All alerts..." selection to see all of them. The main list will still be the 9800 .cods.

Are you saying your main list of ringtones is empty?
    Which is exactly what i done follwing your instructions from the first page so i dont know WTF happened to all the ringtones i had on there originally.

At the moment all i have is my SD card ringtones and a few 9800 tones which are Adventurous, assured, classic phone remix, evolving aspiration, evolving possibilities, evolving revelation, spirit, vital and zen spirit.

Those are all i have and i checked through all the profiles but thats all i see which is listed above.
    10-23-10 05:56 AM
    Ok and what about when you go to the bottom of the list and select "All Alerts..."?

There aren't that many alerts that came standard with the 9800 and some of them only show in the popup for messages and some only show for phone...but you can select anything you want using the "All Alerts..." selection.
    10-23-10 10:15 AM
    Ok and what about when you go to the bottom of the list and select "All Alerts..."?

There aren't that many alerts that came standard with the 9800 and some of them only show in the popup for messages and some only show for phone...but you can select anything you want using the "All Alerts..." selection.
    Ok im lost...when i go into options, at the top there is sounds and ringtones...if i go into that all i see is phone ringtone, sounds for selected profile, sounds for contacts and profile management.

If i go into profile management all i see is all alerts off, normal, loud, medium, silent, vibrate and phone calls only.

I dont see anything pertaining to all alerts

EDIT: ok duhh i had a brainfart...i see what you meant by all alerts...ok in there it looks like i can see all the 9800 tones plus the ones i added from the .cod but cant seem to find the sonar one..actually looking at your original list it seems like only a few got installed...quite a few are missing.

Nevermind im going to load up the new OS later tonight so ill scratch from the start...this time ill probably put them on my SD card instead.
    Last edited by Spawn12; 10-23-10 at 11:01 AM.
    10-23-10 10:52 AM
    ^Glad you were finally able to find them. Did you install both cod folders because in mine I have the Notifier_Sonar tone i'm assuming your after.
    10-23-10 11:41 AM
161 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD