I know a lot of people have been having issues with this phone, and I'm not claiming those issues are/aren't present. I would be equally miffed if I had been having the issues of wobble, tinny call quality, etc. But I don't. The ONLY issues I have with this phone is that it lags sometimes when I close Facebook, and that it did not come with a case! I really liked my Bold case and was disappointed that the Torch did not include one. However, I believe the production cost on this phone was higher than usual so that might be it. Hopefully new OS upgrades will help this issue. Other than that, my impressions so far; (Coming from Bold 9000 to Torch)

Physical - I love the physical aspects of this phone. They physical keyboard is solid and very well built. I do love those BB keyboards =) It slides smoothly and is sturdy. The trackpad is a new fave of mine, as this is the first time I've tried it. The convenience key requires a little more pressure to push than my 9000 did, but I LIKE that as I was always accidentally turning on my camera with the 9000. I would have liked to have a left convenience key, but I don't notice it much.

Browser - Looove the webkit browser. It's a massive improvement from my 9000 browser! Now I can actually use the internet on my phone without becoming frustrated every time I do. It's much faster and displays pages much better.

Camera - I shoot SLR so it's really hard to a digital to impress me, but this one is sufficient for a phone. I really like the different options (portrait, landscape, etc.). I've played with them and they work nicely. I was driving and saw a rainbow, and quickly went to take a pic. Later I looked at it and it only focused on the raindrops on the window because I had it on Macro. Oops! lol.

Performance/Usability - It's much snappier than my 9000. Switches apps quickly and nicely, starts up fast, loads quickly. As always, BB gives us a wide availability of customization options. I love the way things are organized. I find it easy to use, quick, and easy to navigate. I like that I can organize and rearrange folders and apps to suit my needs.

Media I LOVE the wireless sync! I use iTunes a lot so I have a very organized media system working for me and BB Torch fits into it nicely. It's so easy and it was really QUICK I was surprised. The music/video is organized well. I also like that the picture thumbnails load so quickly and are easy to scroll through.

There is a lot more, but I'm sure i am just being repetitive at this point. Like I said, I know people have been having issues, but I am one of the ones who is very very happy with the Torch. Hopefully I am not the only one who is pleased with this device!
    08-17-10 01:04 PM
    Nope...you're not the only one. I love this phone. I finally gave in to the fact that I'm just a die-hard BlackBerry fan. I have tried so many different phones over the years and keep coming back to BlackBerry.

My needs are very simple....

1. Solid e-mail support (both BES and BIS)
    2. SMS/MMS/BBM
    3. Facebook/Twitter/FourSquare
    4. A good browser

I had so many other apps on my iPhone 3GS...but the net result is that the aforementioned features were really all I was using regularly and could completely live without all the other ancillary stuff...especially paying Steve Jobs every time I wanted to buy something from the App Store.

I tried the Sprint HTC EVO 4G. Yet another toy. In all honesty...it's too powerful.

Sure a faster CPU would be nice to have in the Torch, but I'm not giving up my battery life. I can deal with a few milliseconds of delay. What I can't deal with is a phone that has its battery drained by 1:00 PM in the afternoon and I'm left looking for a place to charge my phone.

My personal opinion is that BBs are the only true business devices on the market today. The rest are social networking/gaming devices that are geared towards the mass-market.

Kudos to RIM for making a more mass-market friendly device. They don't need to take the number # 1 spot. They just need to keep doing what they're doing.

The only one comment I would have for RIM though is that they REALLY need to come out with bug fixes/new releases of code FASTER. The long waits for bug fixes are ridiculous. Sure people say it's the carrier's fault. But it's not an issue for Apple. Apple is the tail that wags the AT&T dog. RIM, and others, let the carriers get away with way too much.

OK...off my soapbox. =)
    08-17-10 10:03 PM
    Happy Torch user here,too. Frankly I'm a little tired of all the bashing. It seems like some legitimate problems get magnified and proliferate throughout the user base. Eventually, it seems like "everyone" has problems.

Not saying there aren't some issues here (heck I had to return my first one because a trackpad that didn't work). But it's got the features and potential to be a high flyer. I'm very, very happy right now, and look for things to get even better as OS updates start rolling out.
    08-17-10 10:22 PM
    Happy user here also!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-10 10:24 PM
    No complaints here! Love this phone and glad I came back to BB. Wife is going to get one in October too, she has the Bold 9000.
    08-17-10 10:41 PM
    another satisfied BB owner..
    i'm just worried that my enjoyment of the phone makes the other members jump from their seats..
    08-17-10 11:32 PM
    Awsome phone.

Period !
    08-17-10 11:37 PM
    I am in :-)

I've been using almost every version of the BB and this Torch is the most exciting phone. I used iPhone 3g and 3gs before, but didn't like it as much as the Torch.
    08-18-10 01:46 AM
    No Complaints here... I had the BB when it first hit Nextel, then switched to HTC and came back to BB when att got the 8700 and been using BBs ever since to 8300 to 9000 to 9700 and now 9800..

I simply love my Torch.. I have no complaints whats so ever...

actually I lied.. My only complaint is that I wish ppl would stop comparing our BBs to iphones, and Androids... they are in different classes... and I wish it came with a case...
    08-18-10 02:42 AM
    No complaints either, everyday I figure out something new and neat about my torch, I love every aspect of it, especially since Im coming from a android/iphone world the email and messaging/social aspect is mindblowing to me.
    08-18-10 02:46 AM
    Count me in twice!!!! We are a two Torch household and we both love our devices! None of those reported issues at all.
    I love is the browser. I love OS6. Battery seems to be a bit less than the 9700 but that was an exceptional device as far as battery.
    I'm a VERY happy camper!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-10 03:20 AM
    Posts like these make me want to get the phone.

Don't forget to vote here if you haven't
    08-18-10 03:27 AM
    Nope...you're not the only one. I love this phone. I finally gave in to the fact that I'm just a die-hard BlackBerry fan. I have tried so many different phones over the years and keep coming back to BlackBerry.

My needs are very simple....

1. Solid e-mail support (both BES and BIS)
    2. SMS/MMS/BBM
    3. Facebook/Twitter/FourSquare
    4. A good browser

I had so many other apps on my iPhone 3GS...but the net result is that the aforementioned features were really all I was using regularly and could completely live without all the other ancillary stuff...especially paying Steve Jobs every time I wanted to buy something from the App Store.

I tried the Sprint HTC EVO 4G. Yet another toy. In all honesty...it's too powerful.

Sure a faster CPU would be nice to have in the Torch, but I'm not giving up my battery life. I can deal with a few milliseconds of delay. What I can't deal with is a phone that has its battery drained by 1:00 PM in the afternoon and I'm left looking for a place to charge my phone.

My personal opinion is that BBs are the only true business devices on the market today. The rest are social networking/gaming devices that are geared towards the mass-market.

Kudos to RIM for making a more mass-market friendly device. They don't need to take the number # 1 spot. They just need to keep doing what they're doing.

The only one comment I would have for RIM though is that they REALLY need to come out with bug fixes/new releases of code FASTER. The long waits for bug fixes are ridiculous. Sure people say it's the carrier's fault. But it's not an issue for Apple. Apple is the tail that wags the AT&T dog. RIM, and others, let the carriers get away with way too much.

OK...off my soapbox. =)
    Why is it BB fans always call Iphones/Android devices toys? These devices can do everything BB's can and more in all honesty.

Also if the device battery gets flat in half a day, it's got a faulty battery.

Any Android/Iphone can equal a BB in the business world these days, activesync over SSL means they are just as fast and can be as secure if properly configured.

I know some people like keyboards and well there's android devices do that too, you may like/dislike either the OS/Phone but the capability is absolutely there.

I use a BB primarily for various reasons but I also have a Nexus and that can easily do over a day before needing a charge and that's a serious bit of technology.

I am, however still a BB fan!
    08-18-10 03:54 AM
    RIM did a great job on this phone! I am very happy with my Torch.
    08-18-10 05:19 AM
    another day..but my happiness for my Torch is still a 10 out of 10.
    it's funny i'm still excited to use the device..
    i'm still exploring all the features it has to offer.
    but that's just me
    08-18-10 06:13 AM
    I'm liking mine too, there's the slightest of wobble... but I have to go looking for it and it definitely doesn't exist on opening/closing the slider. As previous user said, camera truly is wonderful... the quality actually surprised me. Browser was lightning fast on wifi, hoping to see an improvement as well when I return to BIS. Battery life may not be reported to be the best, but I top up my phone regularly (P.S. get your hands on Plug It In -useful app, and free).

I did once consider switching from BB to one of those faster, heavy feature laden devices... but BB won out on security, always-on internet and BBM.

Good to see some more positive posts on the Torch, I remember many ppl who now herald the 9700 also had much to say on it when it first came out (build quality et al). When the smoke clears, I love my Torch and I'm sure many others will too.
    08-18-10 07:00 AM
    you know what else I don't get? many of these people that are dogging the Torch got it at $99 and $199. Shoot I wishhh I could've gotten mine at that, I paid outright and I am content with my device. If I got it for that kind of price, RIM could just go ahead and sign me up to be the anti-troll going around posting positive stuff after a negative on all forums I could fine. c'mon!

as for people complaining about no actual wall charger, I love the little USB cube thingy that came with it, I'm about to test to see if it'll charge other USB devices . furthermore, my call quality is muchhhh clearer than it was with my 9700.
    08-18-10 07:39 AM
    I'm not understanding this no actual wall charger thing. the charger that came with my torch plugs into the wall and plugs into my phone and it charges the phone. that's kinda the definition of a wall charger isn't it?

oh yea, love my torch!!!!!
    08-18-10 09:29 AM
    I am in love with this phone! coming from the 8310 to this is a big leap! i learn something new everyday with this phone its exciting!
    08-18-10 09:40 AM
    Also in love with this phone. I know a lot of people have had issues but i am glad to say i have not had one at all. I hope the OS upgrades will fix some of the issues for those who have them.
    08-18-10 09:42 AM
    Happy Happy Joy Joy!!!
    08-18-10 10:07 AM
    Yet another torch lover here! Moved from the 9700 (which I still love) and I am thrilled with this device. A little learning curve with the touch screen and new aspects of OS 6, but it's been fun figuring out the new stuff. The physical keyboard is beyond amazing!!
    08-18-10 11:50 AM
    For years I have been SCREAMING about how badly I wanted a touch phone, but it HAD to have keys. Being a serious BB fan I felt like there was nothing that truly met my needs (although I loved my 9700, too). The Torch has given me just what I needed. BB 6 is the shiznit, and I honestly think it won't be as awesome on any other device simply because of the dual functionality the Torch offers.

This phone reinvented the portrait slider, and to all those who say it's so "1999" I would like to send off a quick *bbm talk to the hand smiley*

This phone R-O-C-K-S!!!!!!!
    08-18-10 02:00 PM
    I'm not understanding this no actual wall charger thing. the charger that came with my torch plugs into the wall and plugs into my phone and it charges the phone. that's kinda the definition of a wall charger isn't it?
    I think what they mean is that it's not a dedicated wall charger in the sense that it doesn't have it's own cord. You have to use the single supplied USB cable either to plug into the wall or plug into your PC. Previously you would get a wall charger with a cord attached as well as a USB cable for the PC. Much easier than having to go back and forth with the cable, especially if you don't have easy access to the wall outlet.

I just ordered a couple more USB cables at monoprice.com for a few bucks, but I think the point is that this was a very cheap way to go with the USB wall plug.
    08-18-10 02:19 PM
    On my third day and am still loving this phone. I keep saying it and I will continue on, I am glad I left the iphone, now I am using it as a ipod touch.

Calling on the BB is awesome as well. No dropped calls!!!!! Iphone I get tons a day got real annoying.
    08-18-10 02:23 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD