45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I would buy an Extended Battery if it didn't require a new Battery door

30 66.67%
  • Yes I would buy an Extended Battery

8 17.78%
  • No I would not buy an Extended Battery

7 15.56%
    I Desperately want an Extended Battery for my Torch

How many people are also waiting for said Product?

Have you emailed seidio?
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

If you do want an Extended Battery, PLEASE take the time to draft up an email and ask them to make one,
    I have emailed through their LiveChat today, and will actually draft an email after work tonight and add it to this thread, but I encourage all that also want an extended Battery to please write them, show them the demand, so we can get 2-3 solid days of use out of our Torches!

now to find my pitch fork?

EDIT:
    Following email sent November 30th @ 5:45PM EST
    To:
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    Hello Seidio Product development department

I am a Blackberry Torch user, and have been a fan of your products with previous blackberry’s

The Blackberry Torch unfortunately just does not have enough battery life, when Buying the Torch this was something I expected to be the case, but didn’t worry since I expected within the first month to see a 2600 mAh extended Battery or possibly a 1750 mAh OEM sized Battery for the Torch.

I still see nothing on your website and no announcements.

I would like to ask why of all devices you have not produced a battery for the Torch?

I look forward to hearing from you, as I am certainly not alone in the desire for an extended Torch Battery.

Thank you

My full name
    my email address
    my telephone number
    Last edited by deRusett; 11-30-10 at 04:50 PM.
    11-29-10 10:04 AM
    We are so on the same page. If ever there were a BlackBerry device that needed
    an extended battery the 9800 is it.

I will also draft an email and PM it to you. If you like you can add it to this thread.
    11-29-10 10:17 AM
    Don't you think that they are already working on it?
    But a company like Seido won't release it until its solid.

I bet by christmas it will be available.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-10 10:19 AM
    Actually Fubaz, Seidio once stated they had NO intention to develop an extended
    battery for the 9800. I'll see if I can find the thread that had their response
    to a members inquiry.
    11-29-10 10:39 AM
    Actually Fubaz, Seidio once stated they had NO intention to develop an extended
    battery for the 9800. I'll see if I can find the thread that had their response
    to a members inquiry.
    I remember seeing it, but I took it as a grain of salt. as OtterBox told me they had no plans of creating a Defender for the 9700... 4 weeks later it was released.

I hope you torch user DO get an extended battery!
    11-29-10 10:53 AM
    I always fully charged my phone and in the morning, I will have a fully charged phone. My battery generally last thru the entire day.

- Charles
    11-29-10 11:42 AM
    I remember seeing it, but I took it as a grain of salt. as OtterBox told me they had no plans of creating a Defender for the 9700... 4 weeks later it was released.

I hope you torch user DO get an extended battery!
    Torch has been out for quite a while, and still no apparent plans for one.

Sales in the US were less than Stellar for the Torch, though in Canada it has been a popular phone, the negative press might have made them not want to invest not expecting to see large volumes of sales for the device.

but I'm sure if they see a reasonable number of emails come through well written asking for a release date, and stating what they are after, maybe we'll get an extended Battery

on heavy usage days I can only get 4-5hours of typing out of the device, with brightness reduced and such,
    11-29-10 03:05 PM
    I have no problem with battery life. I usually charge my phone in the morning while I'm in the shower and getting ready for work. I use my phone pretty reguarly during the day, especially when I get home at night from work. Only once have I woken up and my battery bar was red.
    11-29-10 06:53 PM
    Torch battery life is as good as Bold 9000. I agree that it needs the extended battery. I will also email Seidio.
    11-29-10 07:35 PM
    I have emailed Seidio many times and they keep telling me there will not be an extended battery made for the Torchand no plans for designing and manufacturing one either

11-29-10 07:37 PM
    The Torch's battery life is a complete joke... What a love/hate relationship... I absolutely love the darn thing!!!
    11-29-10 07:55 PM
    I have emailed Seidio many times and they keep telling me there will not be an extended battery made for the Torchand no plans for designing and manufacturing one either

Do you mind if I ask the content of your emails

the Peoples names and titles of who responded to you if not automated.

and any email addresses you sent your requests too.

a good campaign is half getting the right people to see the emails
    11-30-10 12:20 AM
    I would love to have an extended battery for torch, that's the only problem I have with my Torch. Aside from that, it's a very cool phone. Hope Seido can make one, it'll make Torch users a lot happier, especially me. Lol!
    11-30-10 01:08 AM
    I get two full days from a charge. I have no need for more.
    11-30-10 07:29 AM
    Battery lasts me a full day. Throw it on the charger at night while I sleep. Extended battery is a waste of money to me.
    11-30-10 07:37 AM
    An extended battery would be nice, but even with moderate to heavy usage, mine lasts at least a full day. I've ordered a spare battery just in case, but it will be for emergency usage if I absolutely must use my phone, and my main battery is close to dying, or completely dead.

11-30-10 09:16 AM
    I have sent an email Updated my first Post with the email I have sent

Depending on the reply we get and how many emails actually get sent, I might suggest a boycott of Seidio Products until they give a valid reason for the lack of development.

I will Start a New thread if I think it comes to that,
    11-30-10 04:52 PM
    I get two full days from a charge. I have no need for more.
    I wish that was the case for mine. I can get about a day on mine and I dislike that. I had the Bold 9700 and it would last me 2-3 days and that was the standard battery. I was happy with that.

Also I have emailed them about the battery and I will let you know what I hear. Hopefully the right person will see the email.
    11-30-10 08:26 PM
    I had extended batteries with them since the 8700..i wonder why they haven't made one for the Torch..anyway..already sent the email.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!1
    11-30-10 10:07 PM
    ODD email back

from [email protected]
    to XXXXXXX@XXXXXXX
    date Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 12:17 PM
    subject RE: [Ticket#182-9854] Blackberry Torch 9800 Extended Battery

Hi Robert, ( My name is NOT Robert? weird!)

Thank you for your interest in our products. We are in the process of developing additional accessories for the Blackberry Torch 9800, but specific products have not yet been determined. However, customer comments are always appreciated and your feedback will be taken into consideration. We recommend periodically checking the online store or signing up for our Torch newsletter at [email protected] for future product releases and updates.

If you have additional questions or concerns, feel free to reply to this email or contact us at 832-204-1118.

Thank you,
    Customer Service

Seidio Customer Service

I do not like that their is no name attached with Customer service
    12-01-10 11:27 AM
    The battery in my Torch lasts about a full day usually. I charge it while I sleep and I'm a pretty heavy user. I wouldn't mind an extended battery but its not a necessity.
    12-03-10 08:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD