Hi guys!

Recently made the transition from Bold 9700 to Torch 9800 and loving the new handset!

As it�s only a day old and have quite a long contract, I could use some advice on what is ultimately, the best case for the phone.

I had an Otterbox defender previously for the 9700 � great case, but a little chunky. Have been looking at the Commuter which looks good for the 9800, but I�d like an all-round case ideally, IE, a case that covers all areas, touch screen included.

What do you guys have and can anyone recommend anything specific to my requirement above?

Thanks in advance!
    12-16-10 08:53 AM
    They're pretty much the same with respect to a snap on front piece and a separate back... There seems to be differences with how much of a clip the front piece has between companies... The only other kind actually has rails so the front and back piece are actually joined.. The company is AGF... There are complaints with interference with trackball and top row key use... I don't mind either... Also it makes the slide action considerably harder to do... Supposedly the slide rail prevents wear on the slide unit of the device.... Theirs doesn't cover the screen though... Good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-10 08:59 AM
    I love the OEM case - it's classy and meets all my needs. It's probably the best looking case I've ever owned since I've been using BlackBerries. It's a personal choice really.
    12-16-10 09:39 AM
    Try the new Seidio Innocase Active, I much prefer it to the Otterbox. The plug for the Micro-USB on my Otterbox keeps popping out, its unsightly and really irks me. I've left a review with photos of it on the Otterbox site more than a week ago, but they have yet to approve my review (They said it would take up to 72 hours max). Guess they don't like negative reviews that much.

Here's the link for the seidio Innocase Active
    seidioonline.com
    12-16-10 09:48 AM
    Try the new Seidio Innocase Active, I much prefer it to the Otterbox. The plug for the Micro-USB on my Otterbox keeps popping out, its unsightly and really irks me. I've left a review with photos of it on the Otterbox site more than a week ago, but they have yet to approve my review (They said it would take up to 72 hours max). Guess they don't like negative reviews that much.

Here's the link for the seidio Innocase Active
    seidioonline.com
    that looks just like the AGF case.........
    12-16-10 10:01 AM
    I have had the AGF GRT with a screen protector on my Torch for about a week now after having the Mobi Products Hard Shell Case and trying out a borrowed cheapy from my sister.
    I love this case! The fact that the GRT attaches to itself rather than the phone was what sold me on it. This eliminates any possibility of scratching/damaging the phone when removing the case or interference with the phones slider (the cheap one appered to actually pull the two pieces of the phone open slightly when the phone was closed). It is totally solid with out adding too much bulk as I tend to keep the phone in my pocket. It does add some resistance to the slider mechanism but I don't mind that as I found it opened too easily before for my taste (but I can still open it one handed).
    I don't find the case inteferes with either the optical pad or the keyboard. I believe that was the ENDO version (rubber coated) that people had that complaint about.
    Cheers!
    12-16-10 10:30 AM
    I used the AGF GRT case for approximately 3 days before getting rid of it. I do agree it's probably the best case out there at the moment since it doesn't clip to the phone but rather itself. I also like how it made the device a lot more solid feeling(Slider lost all it's wobble and there was no creaking from the device).

What I didn't like was how it hid the trackpad some and also slightly hid the top row of keys on the physical keyboard. Made navigating and typing a bit more difficult.
    12-16-10 10:51 AM
    +1 on the AGF GRT! I had the Seidio Innocase and it made the wobble much worse when closed. The GRT makes the phone SOLID and gives it all the protection you need!
    12-16-10 11:04 AM
    WTF is a AGF case?
    12-16-10 01:37 PM
    12-16-10 02:06 PM
    ok nevermind I just googled it. That case is ugly. I'll stick with my naked white Torch.
    12-16-10 02:08 PM
    Here's another + for the Seidio Active case & spring clip holder.
    I like that the case is two layer. The device is cushioned in rubber and then the rubber is surrounded by a rubberized hard plastic skeleton. All of that then fits perfectly in the spring clip holder. Excellent protection, minimal bulk.
    12-16-10 02:22 PM
    This is my current case of choice. Covers the entire phone, very minimalistic and
    light, fits nicely into any pocket, has a nifty little pull tab and best of all (for
    me at least) completely covers the LED (I know it's a big selling point but I
    hate that thing)

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=go1ykjpt

Second choice is this snap on model. Adds very little by way of bulk. Does require
    adding a screen protector though.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=aKzBzvcn
    12-16-10 03:11 PM
    I just got a skin for my Torch from skinit.com. I don't like cases due to bulkiness, but this gives it a small layer of protection and cool customization. (I don't work for them or have any vested interest)
    12-16-10 03:12 PM
    There is also the Seidio Innocase Surface which is not as bulky as the Active. It also has a companion holster that you can get.
    12-16-10 03:43 PM
    Just put the AFG on mine and the phone flew outta my jacket on to the parking lot about 30 min ago and the top popped right off. Not a scratch cause it didn't pop off until after the initial impact. Thank God I had some sort of rubber screen protector on it I was about to take off right before it happened. It ended up face down.
    12-16-10 04:20 PM
    My vote is on the AGF GRT. Yeah it has some negatives like messing with your trackpad and upper set of a keys a bit...but on the other hand it makes the phone feel a lot more stable and it will also save the life of the sliding mechanism!
    12-16-10 05:14 PM
    Hands down the new Seido Innocase Active is the best and I have had several, including the Otterbox commuter. Love the texture of the case, not slippery very well made and I have the clip that goes with the case as well... Both are excellent...
    12-16-10 06:19 PM
    that looks just like the AGF case.........
    No it doesn't. AGF case doesn't protect the top where the Mute button is. The Seidio one has a rubber polymer just like the Otterbox, the only difference is that the Seidio doesn't have the plugs for the micro-usb and earpiece jack.
    12-16-10 07:11 PM
    i just got the agf today and so far i love it... the way it feels and looks. prior to it i had the otterbox and it scratched the **** out of the sides of the bezel.. and because i work in a dusty environment im sure im better off with the agf as it has less of an opening on the joining pieces (because of the slider mechanism) for the dust to get in... if you understand what im talking about. ive already got a couple dust spots behind the screen and i dont want anymore.... that was my biggest PITA with my old storm.
    12-16-10 10:10 PM
    Otterbox is a great cases it has save my torch 2 times ufffff

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-10 10:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD