Just got the Torch, and my BBM is the new version. All my contacts are showing "Available" even when they are not (i.e. busy or unreachable). How can I fix BBM to update statuses automatically?
    04-15-11 12:32 PM
    Have you tried removing BBM from your Torch via Desktop Manager and then reinstalling?

*Make sure to back up your contact list beforehand*
    04-15-11 04:41 PM
    I upgraded to the new BBM version thinking this would help, but it's still not updating. I want to try your suggestion, but I don't know how to delete BBM to reinstall. How can I do this?
    04-16-11 07:40 AM
    BBM can not be uninstalled on the torch or any OS6 device(part of the core applications. Yes it deletes the icon, but does not actually delete the app itself).

The next logical step to try is as suggested, uninstall then reinstall via app world. Then do an actual physical battery pull.
    04-16-11 07:49 AM
    BBM can not be uninstalled on the torch or any OS6 device(part of the core applications. Yes it deletes the icon, but does not actually delete the app itself).

The next logical step to try is as suggested, uninstall then reinstall via app world. Then do an actual physical battery pull.
    I tried this, Homer, uninstall then reinstall via app world followed by battery pull. No go. I know my contact is busy, yet this is not displayed and no option to set alert. So annoying, and I'm desparate to correct. Any other suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-11 09:21 AM
    Are you using the version of BBM that came preloaded, or did you upgrade it?

Try removing the contact and then re-invite.
    04-16-11 11:24 AM
    Another option would be to upgrade your OS.

04-16-11 11:49 AM
    Are you using the version of BBM that came preloaded, or did you upgrade it?

Try removing the contact and then re-invite.
    The issue was with the preloaded version. I upgraded to the new BBM thinking it would get corrected. Same issue. I then uninstalled and reinstalled followed by battery pull. Have also removed contact and re-invited. Its an issue with all contacts actually. Just have one I BBM a lot and am using as a test to correct this.

Rossy, how do I upgrade my OS? I suspect through App World but I don't know how to find it. Help?

04-16-11 12:14 PM
    To upgrade your OS:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...system-208714/

Latest OS:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...ndings-603792/

Only do this if you think you are able to do it
    04-16-11 01:45 PM
    Are you certain that your contacts actually changed their status to "busy"?

I almost never change my BBM status. I just do not respond when I am busy or sleeping.
    04-16-11 08:28 PM
    Are you certain that your contacts actually changed their status to "busy"?
    No, this is not occuring when my contacts actively set their statuses. I had the BB Bold previously but don't recall the BBM version. On the Bold, about 2 mins after sending a BBM (see the little D), the contact is set to busy if they aren't actively using their bb. Likewise, it is set to unreachable if their phone is turned off (on a plane, for example), no D next to BBM but an X for the contact. I then had the option to "set alert" and be notified when the contact is available again, which I assume is having unlocked their phone.

I did upgrade my OS, as I got the APP World message to update to 6.0 bundle 2342. I also updated to BBM version 5.0.2.12 after the OS update. I tried the uninstall, reinstall, and battery pull.

Is this auto status update feature not available on the Torch? So, a contact will always be "Available" unless they manually change their status?
    04-18-11 11:26 AM
    Yes unless you change your status, it will not be changed. I have never had BBM auto-update my availability status on any of my devices, ever.

That's how it works, be design.
    04-18-11 03:01 PM
    I have both the 9000 and 9800 running the same version of BBM (latest). Neither one update status based on only the device status.
    04-18-11 03:45 PM
    Yes unless you change your status, it will not be changed. I have never had BBM auto-update my availability status on any of my devices, ever.

That's how it works, be design.
    Please let me clarify. I'm not saying that bb will auto-update MY status or personal message.

The auto-update that occurred previously on my Bold was for my contacts, and only the standard statuses: Available, Busy, or Unreacheable.

For example, I send BBM to Available contact and see the "D" next to my message. After about 2 minutes, if my contact hasn't checked their blackberry, the contact's status on MY blackberry then changes from "Available" to "Busy" - the icon next to my contact's name is like a small square now with red lines (almost like it's 3 o'clock). At this point, I have the option to "Set Alert".

I had the Bold previously. Is this not available on the Torch? Maybe not a true BBM issue but just not a feature on the Torch?
    04-18-11 03:46 PM
    I have both the 9000 and 9800 running the same version of BBM (latest). Neither one update status based on only the device status.

Sorry, guys, I am very new to bb and crackberry, obviously.

OLD device (Bold) - OS was 5.1.0.112, BBM version 4.7.0
    NEW device (Torch) - OS 6.0 bundle 2342, BBM version 5.0.2.12

Does this make any sense now? Last effort, and I'll stop bugging everyone.

Thanks!
    04-18-11 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD