So whats the deal? I understand that a lot of you have a Business Phone and a Personal phone that you use regularly, but if you have more than those, why?

Just curious, i notice a lot of people have 3,4 and even 5 phones that they use regularly! how do you do it? more importantly, why?! lol

Also, since your here, what do you consider a "Business" fit phone and a "personal" fit phone? What features, applications, hardware etc make a phone better for business than personal and vise versa? I know some answers are obvious, im just curious at what you guys think
    03-24-09 03:30 PM
    come on people!
    03-24-09 09:50 PM
    I work for a company that requires me to carry a business phone. Its for customers to call me and for me to make calls and it paid for by the company, all I pay is the taxes on it every month which is about $1.30.
    I keep a personal phone which is my bb, cause I like having the (personal) email, internet, bbm... Plus I can do what I want with my personal phone, I can send what ever I want through it and what ever pictures I want on it, business you cant, if you do it could result in trouble. Also when I dont want to be bothered by any contacts from work or customers, I just cut the work phone off, and my friends & family can still get a hold of my personal... good for when I go on vacation.
    Last edited by AaronJP; 03-24-09 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Spelling Errors..
    03-24-09 10:21 PM
    Really it all depends on what you need in a phone. I'm a nerd and I need my Internet fix on the go. I also do all my work on the BB. Email, contacts and a task list are vital.

I personally carry 2 phones but only until I can get people calling me on the BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 10:26 PM
    I agree with Aaron. Plus if needed you can look at your calender and the like while talking business on the "business" phone. The not answering customer thing is pretty sweet too. LOL
    03-24-09 10:31 PM
    You don't really need to carry around two phones. In some instances for work you can use it but I wouldn't recommend it. I used to have 3 phones. A blackberry, A DC phone, and a personal phone. It was hectic and my belt line was always heavy.
    03-24-09 11:24 PM
    I pay 25% of my verizon bill, and all of the iPhones minus a 20% discount.
    So, my verizon bill is always usually under 20 dollars, and iphone' is cheap as well.
    I use one number for work, and the other is my personal phone.
    03-24-09 11:29 PM
    I have 1.5 phones. Since I'm on att and its gsm, I have a cheap phone and my bb. When I'm on a job site where the weather can be raining and muddy, or if I'm out doing something where I might break my bb, I put the sim in my cheap phone ($15). I only have one line so you can get ahold of me with either one but I do carry both just incase I need to switch.

03-24-09 11:40 PM
    What do you mean "you/people"?

lol, I keed.
    03-24-09 11:41 PM
    well i have my blackberry and a samsung blackjack 2 i use the blackjack 2 as a backup phone and as a phone to receive txt messages from europe. I use my blackberry as my primary phone, i understand having two phones but 3 maybe and 5 is just ridiculous unless your geeky lol but still
    03-24-09 11:51 PM
    i'm waiting for TELUS/MIKE to fix their SMS bug, and get proper data plans, so i can get the curve 8350i, so i can have phone, blackberry, and direct connect PTT all in one.... who could ask for more
    03-24-09 11:54 PM
    I carry two phones because I chose to keep my business and personal contacts separate. I tried using the Storm for both, but ran into too many issues to continue using it for business. My company pays for the Curve and it's on BES and I get a discount on the Storm which uses BIS. If I get a call or message on my Curve, I know I need to respond ASAP. If I get a call or message on the Storm, I can deal with it at my discretion.
    03-25-09 12:38 AM
    Thread title updated!

Well.. I'm a phone wh**e.

One is for work; my 8700c giving to me by AT&T.

Then I have...

Storm (unlocked)
    Bold (unlocked; at&t branded)
    8900 (unlocked)

iPhone 3g.

I got them cause I like them. Great devices and they all have the strengths and weaknesses.

Business Fit / Personal Fit - Well for me the difference is simple.

Business - I don't care about the phone and that my calls, sms and data (including bbm) are being tracked and recorded.

Personal - The I can do whatever I want to it because it's mine.
    03-25-09 12:44 AM
    Like Duvi I'm addicted to phones, heck its better then being addicted to drugs or alcohol in my eyes. I also like changing it up once in awhile depending on my mood, to what I'm doing for the day, to even what I'm wearing. I currently have over 7 GSM phones
    03-25-09 12:59 AM
    I have a lot of phones because, well I like phones.

In addition to what I currently have, I'm picking up a brand new 8320 either Thursday or Friday.
    03-25-09 01:01 AM
    Simple matter of redundancy. One dies, I swap out the SIM card,
    spend a few minutes on the BIS site and I'm back in business.

Oh, and the fact that the Pearl has an amazingly superior k/board
    compared to the Curve.
    03-25-09 01:07 AM
    I have the BB for personal use.... thinking of getting a dumbphone for business.... know that sounds dumb.... but in my line of work often you are up all night sleep all day and are constantly on call.... so you can't shut your phone off.... so in turn while you are trying to sleep in the middle of the day you are getting calls, texts, etc.....
    so I am considering adding a line... and giving that number only to my boss to get ahold of me so that I can shut my phone off....
    03-25-09 01:27 AM
    I used to keep two BlackBerry curves when I worked as a club promoter but I got rid of them both when I got the Storm and because I stopped working there
    03-25-09 01:38 AM
    I have an iPhone so I can surf the internet at work since ALL of the sites are blocked--except for this one amazingly enough

I missed having a BB so I got a Bold through AT&T. I was also with Alltel but switched to Verizon due to the buyout. I dumped my LG Scoop for a Storm. After a week, I decided I HATED IT so I took it back and got an Omnia. I get a 22% discount off my Verizon bill with my employer. Plus all of my family (mom, dad, sis, bro) are on Verizon and they live in the state right next to me so calling them from home racks up outrageous long distance charges. I NEVER use my landline to call my family.

I guess I'm a geek at heart even though I don't use either of my phones to their full capacity. I don't buy a lot of clothes or shoes so I make up for that in cell phones.

I actually think that AT&T has a better network in my area than Verizon.
    03-25-09 01:54 AM
    I only have one cellphone (bb), more than that stresses and confuses me. Already have to deal with home, office & mobile! :-)

03-25-09 02:30 AM
    I use my Pearl on weekends, It's small and I don't get emails on Sat & Sun.
    05-26-09 06:08 PM
    I only have one phone lol. I've never had more than one phone activated at a time

05-26-09 06:15 PM
    So whats the deal? I understand that a lot of you have a Business Phone and a Personal phone that you use regularly, but if you have more than those, why?

Just curious, i notice a lot of people have 3,4 and even 5 phones that they use regularly! how do you do it? more importantly, why?! lol

Also, since your here, what do you consider a "Business" fit phone and a "personal" fit phone? What features, applications, hardware etc make a phone better for business than personal and vise versa? I know some answers are obvious, im just curious at what you guys think
    Because we love twice the amount of cancer as the rest of you.
    05-26-09 06:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD