All cell phones are required by the FCC to have a safety warning to never carry them in your pocket. Supposed to carry them 1" away in a holster so the radiation levels aren't higher than the federal limit!! Anyone ever hear about that???!!

If you have BlackBerry, you wouldn't 'cause RIM hides this consumer warning on the User Tools CD that ships with each phone....in a .pdf file that you're supposed to just know is there with the safety warning. GO find it and read the information RIM doesn't want you to see.

At least the other manufacturers print the FCC warning in the fine print of their user manuals....so at least their customers have a chance of finding it. Wonder why RIM doesn't want us to see the warning.

How many of you other BlackBerry users carry your phone in your pocket? If you do, you're getting WAAAY more radiation than the FCC allows....that's why the FCC requires the safety warning to never hold it against your body when it's connected to a network.
    01-09-10 06:01 PM
    So what I don't see the warning on my iPhone either. And I carry my iPhone in my
    pocket. If that can help me get a lower sperm count then it's a blessing in disguise
    01-09-10 06:09 PM
    What are you babbling about? You get more radiation using your microwave. You also breathe more pollutants than you get with holding your BB upto your ear.

This thread ranks a 10 / 10 for idiotic.
    01-09-10 06:12 PM
    So what I don't see the warning on my iPhone either. And I carry my iPhone in my
    pocket. If that can help me get a lower sperm count then it's a blessing in disguise
    Great answer.
    01-09-10 06:12 PM
    Between globull warming and the tooth fairey I have bigger things to worry about. Oh wait, there's Swine Flu coming to get me too!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-10 06:13 PM
    Oh wait, there's Swine Flu coming to get me too!

There's an app for that!

MLH Software MobileStore
    01-09-10 06:16 PM
    I don't need the gov't poking their nose into my life (or wallet) anymore than they already do.

01-09-10 06:21 PM
    All cell phones are required by the FCC to have a safety warning to never carry them in your pocket. Supposed to carry them 1" away in a holster so the radiation levels aren't higher than the federal limit!! Anyone ever hear about that???!!

If you have BlackBerry, you wouldn't 'cause RIM hides this consumer warning on the User Tools CD that ships with each phone....in a .pdf file that you're supposed to just know is there with the safety warning. GO find it and read the information RIM doesn't want you to see.

At least the other manufacturers print the FCC warning in the fine print of their user manuals....so at least their customers have a chance of finding it. Wonder why RIM doesn't want us to see the warning.

How many of you other BlackBerry users carry your phone in your pocket? If you do, you're getting WAAAY more radiation than the FCC allows....that's why the FCC requires the safety warning to never hold it against your body when it's connected to a network.
    Thank you for protecting me! You are my savior!
    01-09-10 06:22 PM
    Talking about radiation, anyone know where I can find SAR data for newer BlackBerrys? In particular Bold 9700 and Storm2. Thanks!
    01-09-10 06:27 PM
    OP: You answered your own question in your rant.. it's on the CD. Next.

Oh, and is an FCC warning label going to stop people from carrying phones in their pockets? Of course not. Warning labels all over cigarette packs and guess what? People actually still smoke!
    01-09-10 06:35 PM
    the way things are going I'm surprised cars don't come with warning labels. Alcohol too. And razors? if used incorrectly you might just slit your own throat! Warning label on a package of roasted peanuts "May contain nuts"

dang, the way things are going... the only thing that WON'T kill you these days is thinking! Then again, with some of the people I know, it could be a high-risk activity
    01-09-10 07:02 PM
    Thinking could lead to strokes and aneurisms. Don't do it!
    01-09-10 07:03 PM
    Thinking could lead to strokes and aneurisms. Don't do it!
    lol funniest thing i heard/read all day, i'm using it from now on!
    01-09-10 07:07 PM
    hello troll!!!! great first post. will subscribe to your threads again!!
    01-09-10 07:08 PM
    I'm not affected because I never carry my BB without my tinfoil hat.

Seriously? This is how you chose your first post?
    01-09-10 07:14 PM
    Where's the FCC warning sticker for this thread?

01-09-10 07:33 PM
    Talking about radiation, anyone know where I can find SAR data for newer BlackBerrys? In particular Bold 9700 and Storm2. Thanks!
    Here you go: Blackberry Cell Phone Radiation Chart - Mobile phone EMF safety shield

According to the data in the link, BlackBerrys emit radiation under the European and North American Standards. No need to worry about radiation IMO.
    Last edited by bronco_fan; 01-09-10 at 07:42 PM.
    01-09-10 07:38 PM
    Well obviously RIM doesn't want us to see the label because they send radioactive addiction rays through our Blackberrys and that is why we are on this website. In all seriousness though, first off who really reads the warning on anything and secondly I've heard that you would need to use your cell phone for 130 years straight before the "radiation" did any harm to you. So unless you plan on an amazingly extended life, you'll be okay.
    01-09-10 07:50 PM
    You crackberry addicts are a hoot!! And, I thought you'd all be pissed to hear that RIM was hiding a safety warning that said to never carry the phone in your pockets. Sorry to be such a downer. Party on!!

Labrat4sar
    01-13-10 06:50 PM
    I'm not affected because I never carry my BB without my tinfoil hat.

I use an Armadillo shell, It makes one h3ll of a soup bowl, too...
    01-13-10 06:57 PM
    You crackberry addicts are a hoot!! And, I thought you'd all be pissed to hear that RIM was hiding a safety warning that said to never carry the phone in your pockets. Sorry to be such a downer. Party on!!

Labrat4sar
    I have been carrying my cellphone in my front pocket since they became small enough to do so. What's that, 18 to 15 years? I have been so unlucky. Not even a kid that glows in the dark. I had hoped for one that I could claim had an alian mother. I still have hopes for one with an antenna on top of his head, a speaker in his ear and a mic in his belly button.

Please pray for me!
    01-13-10 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD