Greetings,
    I just upgraded to the Storm and I am very frustrated that I have to continuously put in a password and I have tried to disable the password but to no avail. Please help!
    Thanks!
    Trent
    05-03-09 12:23 AM
    When do you put in a password?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-09 01:25 AM
    Go to Options / Security Options / General Settings. Is there a small red padlock icon by the word "Enabled" in the password field? If not, you can disable the password. Just change the option to disabled, press escape, enter the password one more time to confirm, then it's disabled.

If you do have the red padlock icon, and your Storm is a work-issued phone, then you are on BES and cannot disable the password.

If you bought the phone used, and it came with the red padlock icon, the previous owner was a BES user. You can remove the IT policy and enable the ability to disable the password by following this procedure: http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/remo...y-phone-81401/

Note: this procedure should not be used if you are a BES user. The BES will detect that you have deleted the IT policy and push it back, and you may get in trouble for violating security.
    05-03-09 07:52 AM
    Hi All,
    As soon as I asked my IT guy to put me on the BES on Monday morning, the lock automatically went away and I was able to disable the password. Thank you for your assistance, I appreciate it.
    Trent
    05-05-09 10:51 PM
    I found this information on one of the other fifty or so threads on this topic and thought I would share the wealth.

Go to: Options/Memory. Turn off Memory card support.
    Save.
    Exit back to Options.
    Go to Password.
    The tab should now be selectable to disable the password.
    Click disable.
    Save.
    Exit back to Options.
    Click on Memory.
    Select Memory card support "on".
    Save.
    You will now be prompted to enter the password for the final time in your life!
    Exit back to the main screen and try it out, lock unlock, no password!!!

Have a beer.

Thanks to all of the hard-working crack-addicts who were born with the ability to type this information for us to find here.
    11-27-09 10:33 PM
    Hi, I just bought my storm from ebay.. i think it was a company phone because i cant do anything with it. It says i need a password, and i don't have a password for it. Is there any way i can get rid of all the password stuff?
    12-24-09 11:42 AM
    If you enter the wrong password 10 times, the phone will wipe and the password will be reset. The seller should have done this before selling it. If it was a BES phone, you may also have an IT policy that needs to be removed. Look in the How To and FAQ forum for Pete6's thread telling how to do that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-09 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD