Does anybody know if the bold is going to have a quick view of text messages? I keep my phone in standby mode at all times and i wish i didn't have to take it out of standby and then go to my messages and then open the message. Not a big deal but i wish it would give a quick view of the text and then you could open it straight from there (almost like answering a call even when it's in standby mode). Just thought it would be a cool addition.
    05-28-08 10:18 AM
    hah...the afternoon after i post this, there is a perfect example... i want (on my curve with OS 4.5) what the kickstart does for text messages where it shows a quick recap of who is sending the message and what it says and then you can decide whether or not to go into the message...and if you do, it goes straight to the message instead of having to click on the icon and then open the message

Any word on if this will come out for other phones besides the kickstart?
    05-28-08 04:08 PM
    Today Themes like the Vodafone Today Theme already do that, sort of.
    They show the newest text message on your home screen and you can click on it and it takes you right to the text message.

Hope this helps a bit...
    05-28-08 04:14 PM
    thanks panja, but i hate the today themes...right now i use the 6 icon t-mo zen theme
    05-28-08 04:23 PM
    Did anybody buy the SMS Display ON reviewed in today's software roundup? Does it just turn your display on and unlock your keys for however long? Does it give you a preview of the SMS and allow you to open straight away?
    05-30-08 02:40 PM
    I did buy and pay for the SMS Display ON software and it only partially worked. By partially, when the display was no on, it would not turn the display on. Only when I manually turned the display on did I get any info on messages or emails. I wants something that will turn my phone into a ball of light when an SMS arrives, whether the display is illuminated or not! Can anyone help me get it to work. I have a Curve 8320. Thanks.
    07-16-08 04:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD