02-04-10 07:17 AM
    BTW, for those wondering... No Howie...
    02-04-10 07:28 AM
    Sweet installin finally eh

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-10 07:29 AM
    Dropped my XM months ago....with a 16gb card, Slacker, and Moodio I can find everything I need......

Though I am tempted to DL the app just to try it for the trial period......
    02-04-10 07:34 AM
    Well, it was sort of known that Howie wouldn't be available (since it wasn't available on iPhone). I'm just glad to see the app finally out!

At least you can still use SiriusXMStreamer with Orb to get Howie, so there is a workaround.
    02-04-10 07:35 AM
    My gut tells me that XM-Siri does not have a long life. There are too many other ways to get one's entertainment. If it does survive, it will have to be at the expense of cheaper subs. Heck, I wonder how many people are on retention deals like a year for $77. That didn't even keep me around for long......
    02-04-10 07:37 AM
    My gut tells me that XM-Siri does not have a long life. There are too many other ways to get one's entertainment. If it does survive, it will have to be at the expense of cheaper subs. Heck, I wonder how many people are on retention deals like a year for $77. That didn't even keep me around for long......
    That's why its Sirius/XM stock has jumped 50-60% in the past week, and 1500% in the past year?
    02-04-10 07:44 AM
    About 1.5 years ago I went ahead and paid for an XM lifetime Sub W/Best of Sirius. A little over $400. Another year and a half and it will have about paid for itself. I think they will be around for a long long time. (I hope).

I did DL the App. I have online listenning included with my lifetime sub... this will be one app I will really use.
    02-04-10 07:45 AM
    I dropped XM - but it's good to know that they're opening their eyes to the blackberry world - should help sales - maybe.
    02-04-10 08:00 AM
    not a bad app. the app makes thing much easy. you get to see the song that is playing. much easier to use in the the car that orbs( still using for Howard Stern) over all i give it a 8 out of 10. one point off the no Howard Stern. second i have to upgrade my acct to be able to use on device. major plus i dont need to have another device in my car. got to love blackberry
    02-04-10 09:11 AM
    I was excited about this app. Ive been waiting for it for years. Then it says basic internet radio accounts are disabled. I guess Ill be deleting it in the 7 days when I have a bunch of other streaming options for free. Sucks now Im limited to using Sirius in my car and on a pc.
    02-04-10 09:50 AM
    It works with the bluetooth stereo gateway, so that's another plus. I can have my BB on my desk and still listen to Sirius through my audio system.
    02-04-10 09:55 AM
    well it's good that it's a 7 day trial. Billing wasn't updated for current subscribers.
    They're getting charged as a new user instead of the 2.99 a month fee. Customer Service is working on the issue. However..without Howard I don't think I'm intersted anyway.
    02-04-10 10:11 AM
    It's about time.

I installed the app on my Tour, I go to load up any channel and it just says "loading" and stays like that. I let it go for 10 minutes and nothing.

any ideas?
    02-04-10 10:17 AM
    anyone know if there is a Sirius Canada App as well?
    02-04-10 10:47 AM
    That's why its Sirius/XM stock has jumped 50-60% in the past week, and 1500% in the past year?
    No, that wouldn't be the reason why.

In fact, that's probably the oppostie of the reason.
    02-04-10 11:16 AM
    Just loaded this app and it works and sounds great, much better than the old XM app that only gave you 20 channels. Quality is fantastic, I think it's a keeper.
    02-04-10 11:32 AM
    Any idea how long it will take for them to add more phones? I got the 8330 and dying for this app!!!
    02-04-10 11:38 AM
    I doubt XM/Sirius will die anytime soon. Many people don't want to have additional apps, or won't know how to get/work them. Also most cars today come XM/Sirius ready with a free 1 year. Here we have 2 xm radios. We have one that came with the car and also a jukebox that sits inside and outside on the porch in the summer.
    Last edited by Nalinith; 02-04-10 at 11:49 AM.
    02-04-10 11:45 AM
    So many people enjoy the great music on sirius with NO commercials, and wont go back to terrestrial BS. It will be around for ALONG time!
    02-04-10 11:50 AM
    anyone know if there is a Sirius Canada App as well?
    This works in Canada. Ahhh wait, I forgot I'm using the American XM in Canada. I purchased it before it was available in Canada and now I'm able to cash in on that if this app doesn't work for Canadian subscribers!
    02-04-10 11:53 AM
    I don't have the app for my bb, but I have sirius/xm in my car, my husband's car, home radio and a portable radio that I take with me when I travel. I rarely ever listen to regular radio anymore. I also like Slacker, Pandora, my ipod, etc., but I like sirius/xm the best. I like listening to all the djs from WNEW and WLIR in NY from when I was a teenager.
    02-04-10 12:24 PM
    I downloaded the app this morning, and have been listening to my favorite XM/Sirius channels for almost four hours now. This app works astoundingly well - much better than I ever expected! It seems like it might be a battery sucker, though....still watching that.
    02-04-10 12:27 PM
    I just downloaded it to my Tour---luv'n it but don't know if I"m going to continue after the trial 2.99 a month when other's are out there free... but time will tell, I'll probably change my mind.
    02-04-10 12:29 PM
    May be a dumb question, but will it not play thru the speakerphone?
    Installed it to check it out and am only getting it thru the regular phone speaker or headphone jack. Slacker will play thru speakerphone so you can use the phone like a radio (I use it when I'm working on something in the shed or the barn).. Cant find that option for this one... Dont want to have to carry big external speakers around to plug into it!
    02-04-10 12:57 PM
112 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD