With the huge growth of CrackBerry.com, and all the new devices and OS upgrades, two common questions that have been coming up quite a bit recently are "How do I resend the Service Books?" and "How do I register the device on the network?"

*Service Books*

From your computer -
    Go to your carrier's BIS site. Links to most carriers can be found here.
    Log in. If you have any issues creating an account or logging in, a quick call to your carrier will usually get it straightened out.
    Once logged in, under Settings, click the link for Service Books, then select Send Service Books. You will shortly get confirmation emails in all email accounts associated with your Blackberry.

From your Blackberry -
    Go to the Personal Email Set Up icon and log in. Then under Settings, select Service Books, then select Send service Books.

*Registering the device on the network*

From your Blackberry, go to Options, select Advanced Options, select Host Routing Table, press the Menu button, select Register Now. You will shortly receive a confirmation message on your device.

If one or both of these procedures was recommended to you in response to an issue you were experiencing with your Blackberry, and these did not solve the problem, then the next course of action would be to call your carrier and have them check the provisioning on your BIS account.
    El Bori, jmontano, ippyg and 1 others like this.
    12-13-08 05:16 PM
    Great idea. Another good resource to pass out.
    12-13-08 05:33 PM
    CHAZ.....that fixed it....bless u all. I hate being a novice...
    12-15-08 03:41 PM
    Excellent to see. Must admit to getting a lot of queries that could be resolved by doing this.

Carriers should highlight this when sending out BlackBerry devices, it'd save them so much $$$ by reducing calls into their tech support. Of course, I believe everyone should read through the full user guide, but that's just me.
    12-15-08 04:57 PM
    T-M USA just introduced (12/22/08) their service books that can be used on the Bold, a RIM model that they do not offer. In selecting a RIM 'model' I went on line and told their server that I had a 'Curve' since 'Bold was not an option (I have an ATT unlocked). The server sent the service books to me and they work correctly.

Question, does TM send different service books depending upon RIM model or are all of them the same?

Or, in another way, is there a 'Best' alternate choice when selecting a service book on a RIM model not on the available RIM model list?
    12-21-08 06:16 PM
    okay.. so i have a blackberry 8700c and it works wonderfully and i love it. but my main menu screen only has 6 icons. the lock phone icon, alarm, address book, recent calls, blackberry messanger, messages, power on/off, wireless on/off. it doesn't have the tasks, settings, etc icons. does anyone know how to get them to show up??

please help, i'm desperate XD
    12-21-08 10:36 PM
    okay.. so i have a blackberry 8700c and it works wonderfully and i love it. but my main menu screen only has 6 icons. the lock phone icon, alarm, address book, recent calls, blackberry messanger, messages, power on/off, wireless on/off. it doesn't have the tasks, settings, etc icons. does anyone know how to get them to show up??

please help, i'm desperate XD
    Are you talking about the 'switch application' icons.
    There are five set icons, the other icons that show up are for applications that are open.

For the basic desktop are you going to the extended menus that show up on the second page by using
    >menu key>?

or,

do you have the icons 'hidden'?
    >menu>"show all" check mark>
    to 'hide' or 'unhide' any particular icon use the >menu>"hide" check mark>
    12-22-08 10:57 AM
    I've tried both ways and I'm getting that they were succesfully sent, but I'm not getting my confirmation emails. Ideas?

Tried changing my Blackberry with the new pin and IMEI on the bis site and tried resending service books. So now I wait, but nothing yet.
    Last edited by Mathrin; 02-03-09 at 09:48 AM.
    02-03-09 09:22 AM
    I have looked around a lot to find a solution to this. Tnx!
    02-08-09 05:48 AM
    Just noticed this thread. Thanks Chaz, for posting it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 05:54 AM
    how do you save service books on to your desktop?
    02-18-09 09:35 AM
    Yes I was wondering that too, how do you save service books and in what format do you receive them/how are they installed once you acquire them for another network?
    02-23-09 09:47 PM
    I have an unlocked blackberry storm on AT&T. Everything works perfectly except my email on the phone. I have already walked through and added the service books for AT&T. I have the .90 radio on my phone so i have no problem with EDGE. I have had email on all my blackberries with Verizon before I switched to AT&T and it has been the same account.

I will receive an email on my phone but when I go to send an email it says, "No message service configured." It then redirects me to the email setup page. At this point it tells me that an account has already been registered for this phone and pin.

I have reformatted the phone several times trying to delete the email. AT&T has no idea and Verizon is no help at all.

Any ideas?
    05-14-09 11:54 PM
    Is it a used phone? You or someoone set up a BIS account with your carrier. To change email settings you need to go to their web page or call them..
    05-23-09 05:51 AM
    Hello I was just wondering if you solved this problem because I don't get a email message and I have tried everything.
    05-25-09 10:29 PM
    Hi all,

With T-Mobile's new webpage, I can't seem to find my email accounts in there at all. My service books need to be resent because i'm not receiving my yahoo mail or my gmail. Also, the settings option on the email setup doesn't have a service books option. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 12:32 AM
    nevermind... i figured it out on my phone... service books option is under "Help". still couldnt find it on the Tmo page though.

thanks,
    07-23-09 01:50 AM
    I tried to add my PIN and IMEI in my BIS and it wont let me and a pop up says "your account is not accessible via html. Please use your device to access BIS" but when i try i can only send emails but they arent getting pushed to my phone. why?
    07-26-09 11:24 PM
    This is a great guide

added it to my growing list of BB bookmarks since I know I will need this at one point or another.
    08-01-09 05:00 AM
    The BIS sites are not on the carriers site. It is probably something like tmobile.blackberry.com...

As to the email you might change the format from html to text and see if the site takes it. You won't get emails until you set up the account with BIS and send your service books if it does not send them auto...
    08-01-09 05:14 PM
    great post and very helpful for users that are having issues. if you do the Register Now for the Host Routing table menu on your phone and it doesn't help you should also be able to go into email setup and log into the BIS on your device then resend your service books that way. I have seen a few occasions that doing the Register Now didn't push everything, but it almost always works like a charm.
    08-01-09 05:28 PM
    What If My Carrier Doesn't Carry My Phone? Where Else Can I Find Bb Tour Service Books?
    09-29-09 11:32 AM
    Great post! Thank you.
    10-06-09 07:38 AM
    This is a great resource, thanks!
    10-06-09 10:29 AM
    great post, thanks... how do you get service books for an unlocked 9530?
    10-09-09 02:57 AM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD