View Poll Results: How do you feel about the direction of BlackBerry in 2011?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • With those devices and specs, I am very relieved!

15 44.12%
  • Looks good, but i'll have to see it to believe it

16 47.06%
  • I'm kind of excited, considering moving back to BlackBerry

1 2.94%
  • No not really, Android/iOS/Other is where i will be.

3 8.82%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    With the new 2011 CDMA BlackBerry RoadMap are you excited about the new direction and specs coming to new, sleek devices? I am pretty psyched about the Monaco and pairing it with my PlayBook :P

01-27-11 07:29 PM
    I'm pumped. Also can't wait for the monaco!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-11 07:31 PM
    Single band UMTS on the Monaco but Montanna gets dual band? WTF is up with that? If Monaco doesn't have North American UMTS bands, FORGET IT! F*ck Verizon!
    01-27-11 07:42 PM
    I like the idea of the Touch Curve!

Entry level full touch screen device, hopefully it is priced in the Curve range, the specs are sufficient to no lag like the torch can be prone to do.

Hopefully this revitalizes the mid range consumer phone market,
    01-27-11 07:43 PM
    The Montana sounds great! let's make this reality RIM
    01-27-11 07:45 PM
    I like the idea of the Touch Curve!

Entry level full touch screen device, hopefully it is priced in the Curve range, the specs are sufficient to no lag like the torch can be prone to do.

Hopefully this revitalizes the mid range consumer phone market,
    hotswap microSD slot? hmmm no more opening the battery door
    01-27-11 07:50 PM
    I wonder if Monaco will be the "Bold Touch"?

01-27-11 08:14 PM
    So the guy spreading rumors of a Sprint Torch was lying. Nice.
    01-27-11 08:25 PM
    torch isn't CDMA, which is what this roadmap is for. torch2 is coming
    01-27-11 08:31 PM
    I wonder if Monaco will be the "Bold Touch"?

that's the Montana
    01-27-11 08:32 PM
    torch isn't CDMA, which is what this roadmap is for. torch2 is coming
    right, sprint is CDMA and i see no torch lol, which means the rumors of a CDMA torch are false basically
    01-27-11 08:34 PM
    right, sprint is CDMA and i see no torch lol, which means the rumors of a CDMA torch are false basically
    from crackberry.com blog post:

"Keep in mind - this is CDMA (hence why you're not seeing Torch2 or apollo listed). Also means
    we could see GSM releases sooner than the CDMA timeline above... plus things often change from plan. "

edit, ohhhh was confusing sprint and at&t hahhahah well oops
    Last edited by dsquared2; 01-27-11 at 08:39 PM.
    01-27-11 08:36 PM
    I wonder if the GSM phones will be coming out at the same time or earlier. Would make sense since most of the world uses GSM. I think just america is still on CDMA
    01-27-11 09:00 PM
    I wonder if the GSM phones will be coming out at the same time or earlier. Would make sense since most of the world uses GSM. I think just america is still on CDMA
    Not just America, Canada, Mexico, China, and a few other countries (in Asia and in the Caribbean) also use CDMA.

Besides, the Monaco and the Bold Touch both have GSM capability as well
    01-27-11 10:21 PM
    These phones are too fast for my taste. 1Ghz...1.2ghz etc...but 800GHz will surely burn a hole in my pocket. I hope they got good heatsinks on them.
    01-27-11 11:35 PM
    These phones are too fast for my taste. 1Ghz...1.2ghz etc...but 800GHz will surely burn a hole in my pocket. I hope they got good heatsinks on them.
    finally the Monaco will have a comparable processor! i will miss my storm2 but will be spoiled with all the new specs :P
    01-28-11 01:53 PM
    I posted this in another thread so I'll just copy/paste it here.

Quite honestly, if I'm a full-time BB user in the U.S. who has Sprint or Verizon, I'd be
    pretty happy with what's coming out. If I'm a hardcore BB person then a full touch
    screen isn't that important and a great keyboard is. The RAM and app memory getting
    a kick is a plus. So, all in all, if I'm a hardcore BB user that had an itch for super
    devices like the iPhone and Android handsets, then I would have already tried a taste
    of them by now.
    01-28-11 01:56 PM
    I posted this in another thread so I'll just copy/paste it here.

Quite honestly, if I'm a full-time BB user in the U.S. who has Sprint or Verizon, I'd be
    pretty happy with what's coming out. If I'm a hardcore BB person then a full touch
    screen isn't that important and a great keyboard is. The RAM and app memory getting
    a kick is a plus. So, all in all, if I'm a hardcore BB user that had an itch for super
    devices like the iPhone and Android handsets, then I would have already tried a taste
    of them by now.
    yes im glad there is no s2 "refresh" on that map!
    01-28-11 05:14 PM
    I'm really glad to see RIM finally putting together some phones with comparable specs. I feel like most people who aren't already BlackBerry users would completely overlook most of RIM's current models just because they compare so poorly to many of the devices by Motorola, HTC, Apple, etc. Hardware definitely isn't anything (which is why I moved from an Evo to a 9650), but it helps keep people interested.
    01-28-11 08:21 PM
    Hardware definitely isn't anything (which is why I moved from an Evo to a 9650), but it helps keep people interested.
    thats why im intrigued by OS6.1!
    01-28-11 10:50 PM
    there just rumors, meaing he could be right he could be wrong who knows sprints still gonna make an announcement on the 7th of feb.

whats the malibu? is that the touchscreen curve?
    01-30-11 04:23 AM
    there just rumors, meaing he could be right he could be wrong who knows sprints still gonna make an announcement on the 7th of feb.

whats the malibu? is that the touchscreen curve?
    Well i'd love for the Feb 7th announcement to be the Sprint Torch but seems from the chatter on here it's pretty much a lock that it's going to be a Samsung 4G 3D android phone.
    01-30-11 07:22 AM
    Well it most likely will be another droid but we can still hope for something different

01-30-11 05:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD