with the release of all the android stuff and the iPad, let's face it RIM is falling behind. I know you guys say webkit this webkit that, but as far as you know that webkit wont hit until 2012 when the world ends. But seriously. I doubt rim will get anything out in time to protect their market share.

Will RIM get passed up by Palm in the next 6 months?
    03-23-10 07:51 PM
    If they don't up the ante' here they just might
    03-23-10 07:53 PM
    I doubt it.

They have a completely different market than RIM. I always say if you are looking for these things in a phone, you are in the wrong market. As a business device, RIM doesn't need to jump on the bandwagon.
    03-23-10 07:55 PM
    but the question is do you think they will up the ante. I actually think that rim is going to get bought out by windows mobile very soon.
    03-23-10 07:55 PM
    but the question is do you think they will up the ante. I actually think that rim is going to get bought out by windows mobile very soon.
    RIM being bought out by Microsoft? I highly doubt it.
    03-23-10 07:59 PM
    They are falling way behind. It's actually sad but if were honest it's not like RIM has done much since 2008 when the BlackBerry Bold was released.
    03-23-10 08:01 PM
    Because of the iPad? Doesn't the iPad fall quite wide of the mark in terms of being a useful tool for much other than reading what other people have written?

RIM don't seem to have the PR potential of the iPad and the newer Smartphone platforms lately but it's only obsessives such as ourselves who fret and worry about what gadgets going to do what.

I don't know that PR and column inches on blogs should necessarily translate to shifting market share. In a year's time something else will have all tongues wagging and it'll be iWhat?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-10 08:03 PM
    RIM although they are clearly falling behind, they won't be losing marketshare anytime soon due to their user base. some businesses have already moved to the iPhone, but there won't be enough to even put a dent in RIM. The only thing they have to worry about is all the consumers who they'll be losing

03-23-10 08:04 PM
    Falling behind compared to what/who...all the tweeners that want an iphone and 150,000 apps, 20 of which are useful, but the others add to their app count. You're comparing muti media toys to a business machine. Sure, you can have fun on your bb, but it was created for the business world. That's where it dominates and will continue to do so. If you want an iphone or a droid, go get one. They are both fine devices, but bb will not be going away, nor will they be creating an a device that caters to 12 year olds.
    03-23-10 08:05 PM
    Falling behind compared to what/who...all the tweeners that want an iphone and 150,000 apps, 20 of which are useful, but the others add to their app count. You're comparing muti media toys to a business machine. Sure, you can have fun on your bb, but it was created for the business world. That's where it dominates and will continue to do so. If you want an iphone or a droid, go get one. They are both fine devices, but bb will not be going away, nor will they be creating an a device that caters to 12 year olds.
    Thank you for speaking the truth.
    03-23-10 08:09 PM
    The ipad has nothing to do with blackberry falling behind as they are two different devices. Blackberry is more focused on the business side, but more consumers are buying BBs. Maybe this will make RIM realize they should have two different divisions for consumers and businesses(not BES and BIS).
    03-23-10 08:09 PM
    They are falling way behind. It's actually sad but if were honest it's not like RIM has done much since 2008 when the BlackBerry Bold was released.
    Yet they still somehow dominate North American cellular sales? Not bad for a company with no "innovation" for 2 years.
    03-23-10 08:13 PM
    i'm glad you guys are not my investment advisors, how many threads are there about things like this, RIM will NOT lose.

tried tested and true is what is big in corporations

OS 6 will be innovation, you guys will see, and NO those pictures we saw leaked are not at all close to what OS 6 really is
    But the fact of the matter is the iPhone and android have a sweet browser and came with one. They both have a great UI. They both have awesome applications. Now what does RIM have? Market share? That's it? hahahahhaha market share is temporary.

I agree it wouldnt make since for windows to buy out blackberry, to sucky companies merging just creates an ultimate suck, nothing to bring the other up.
    i'm glad you guys are not my investment advisors, how many threads are there about things like this, RIM will NOT lose.

tried tested and true is what is big in corporations

OS 6 will be innovation, you guys will see, and NO those pictures we saw leaked are not at all close to what OS 6 really is
    thank you!!!
    03-23-10 08:15 PM
    Honestly I would go with blackberry over the iphone. If I wanted an iphone, I would get an ipod touch and get the same experience. I don't see the hype about the palm pre and as for the android, I see it to be a short fad. The blackberry is still number one in my book

03-23-10 08:15 PM
    But the fact of the matter is the iPhone and android have a sweet browser and came with one. They both have a great UI. They both have awesome applications. Now what does RIM have? Market share? That's it? hahahahhaha market share is temporary.

I agree it wouldnt make since for windows to buy out blackberry, to sucky companies merging just creates an ultimate suck, nothing to bring the other up.
    Have you actually used an Android phone, like the Hero? Android 2.1 is a sluggish, battery hogging bear.
    03-23-10 08:16 PM

Windows is an operating system, not a company.
    03-23-10 08:17 PM

Doesn't all the horror versions of windows say enough...RIM would be nuts to merge with Microsoft... RIM has their OS issues but at least they they are secure which leaves a lot to be left said for Microsoft..
    03-23-10 08:17 PM
    RIM won't be beaten by Palm for a couple of obvious reasons: Palm is barely afloat and no one is buying their phones and, two, RIM has the enterprise use to keep them at a considerable distance.....

The problem with being a BB user is that you have to learn to wait. Waiting on apps, waiting on webkit, waiting on an official STORM2 OS! ....its just getting damned hard to keep waiting!
    03-23-10 08:20 PM
    eh......not really. If you look at windows phone 7 series its about to plow down the whole blackberry corporation.
    03-23-10 08:21 PM
    eh......not really. If you look at windows phone 7 series its about to plow down the whole blackberry corporation.
    lol, an OS that isn't even finalized, and you make this assumption?

/troll
    03-23-10 08:22 PM
    so you guys think RIM is falling behind, but yet RIM's sales are dominating the top 10 phones being sold, with the Curve still the number 1 phone in the entire world.

RIM has nothing to be worried about
    03-23-10 08:23 PM

True about the browser argument, but BB's weren't about the browser experience.

Their big points was (and still is) security, efficiency (of getting a task done), and email push (although there are other push software and services). Having a sweet browser wasn't in the exec's minds then.

Applications on BB's are scant, but I'd wager that quite a few of them are useful for the business and prosumer. App World is not bloated with thousands of game or nicknack's.

Now it's a different ball game since RIM wants to keep their consumer market share from jumping ship. The company is making money and don't want to lose that kind of revenue. Said revenue can be used for infrastructure, H/W, S/W enhancements, etc.
    03-23-10 08:35 PM
    Smokin' that good stuff aren't we??
    03-23-10 08:37 PM
99 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD