Do you use password keeper? If so, what do you think of it.
    06-06-08 11:39 PM
    i dont use it at all.
    06-06-08 11:49 PM
    deleted it.
    06-07-08 12:02 AM
    I used it and liked it until my blackberry bricked on me unexpectedly following a battery pull. Fortunately, I had run a backup the night before so I was able to just "restore" my device. Everything restored perfectly except Password Manager! I kept a great deal of information in that application and lost it ALL!! This was actually a small disaster for me, as I had personal data, banking information, club and membership information, etc for myself, my family members AND my boss! Gone. Gone. Gone.

I now use Crypt Magic, which has a desktop version that I can update and sync. This meets my needs MUCH better!!! I did a great deal of research before I settled on Crypt Magic. I would certainly recommend it to anyone!

The bottom line is this: if you want to use Password Manager for basic passwords and usernames, go ahead! If you're going to push the proverbial envelope and store a lifetime worth of irreplaceable data then invest in a more secure 3rd party application with a desktop interface to sync!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-08 12:12 AM
    Try BB Wallet.
    06-07-08 07:58 AM
    what's a bb wallet
    06-07-08 01:24 PM
    Eh. I put all my info and stuff in it when I first got my Berry, then realized it was useless seeing as I have all that information memourized anyhow.
    06-07-08 01:27 PM
    Did you ever use password keeper? I guess I'll delete it and save the memory.
    06-07-08 02:34 PM
    Is Crypt Magic free? Or how much?

OTA link if free? : )

06-07-08 02:38 PM
    I now use it quite regularly. It is merely passive storage - a place that I can turn to if/when I forget either a username/id or password.

For instance on this site I might be F2 but another site would not allow such a short ID and I had to make it FF2 or F22 or such. I cannot necessarily remember each forum I've enrolled in and its password. So I now keep them in Password Keeper. I hope it is relatively secure. It might be nicer if there were a desktop computer equivalent but so far I'm sticking with it.
    06-07-08 02:38 PM
    Same here Jenay, I got rid of that awhile ago, plus i heard there is an app called keypass or something like that, it is supposed to be more secure than BB password keeper...
    06-07-08 04:04 PM
    i do not use password keeper for my important things as i have them memorized...

i do have my password and username to my school acct(to get my email and sign up for classes and such) as well as my client number for the tanning salon..LOL i always forget it!!
    06-07-08 05:20 PM
    Never use it.

06-07-08 06:57 PM
    Is Crypt Magic free? Or how much?

OTA link if free? : )
    Not free... I paid for it!!!
    06-07-08 09:39 PM
    I'm military and have way too many computer passwords to keep up with. Therefore, I use it for that sort of stuff. I keep a few account numbers as well, but nothing more than that.
    06-07-08 10:22 PM
    I had PassKee and I like it. It is free, but I have recently got a new computer with Vista and have not been able to get the BB version installed on the computer or the phone correctly.
    I am getting quit frustrated and am also looking or anorther program, but it looks like i am going to have to pay for and not sure if I want to do that, yet.
    06-07-08 11:50 PM
    Vlalra,

I think Crypt Magic has a free trial that you could use befor purchasing. I tried a number of applications before settling on this one. I like it much better than PassKee.

I, like AJErvin12, have a number of usernames and ever-changing passwords that I must track for work. I also have a great deal of membership numbers and travel information to use daily for my team. I really really needed a solution more secure than the BB Password Manager and Crypt Magic has been a terrific solution for me! I would be lost without it for sure!!!

06-08-08 12:06 AM
    I use it for basic stuff,
    Logons and passwords, and I guess my luck was better than pashan's at least once, bricked my pearl and the restore put everything back, but it sounds like I didn't have near as much stuff,
    I guess you could get a 3rd party app or passlock your berry and just use the memo pad, then you'd for sure have a useable backup.

06-08-08 12:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD