Anyone else having problems downloading the new Opera Mini 4.2 Beta?
    11-11-08 01:46 PM
    not at all. I just got it. So far so good no problems yet.

I d/l'd and installed about an hour and half ago.
    11-11-08 02:06 PM
    Got it up and running! I went to operamini.com using Opera Mini 4.1 on my blackberry. I scrolled to the bottom of the page where it says to Learn more about version 4.2 Beta. Clicked the download link, and installed OTA. The only thing, it does not overwrite the previous version. So you'll end up with Opera 4.1 and Opera 4.2 on your blackberry. When you view all of your apps on your berry, you'll see 2 Opera Mini icons. One for 4.1 and the other for 4.2. Having 2 versions will probably eat up some memory on your device.
    11-11-08 02:14 PM
    yeah I deleted older version. I really like this beta. Good luck
    11-11-08 02:46 PM
    When I go to download the file an error message pops up and says "909 application authentication error". Anybody else get this? Anything I can do to get around this problem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-08 02:48 PM
    I am a newbie and I have Opera Mini on my Curve. Everytime go to a site I get a pop up that says "This program would like low level access" I then have to click a drop down box that says "yes." Does anyone know how to stop this extra step. Thanks
    11-11-08 02:51 PM
    I just downloaded it, so far so good
    11-11-08 03:39 PM
    Regarding the "this application would like low level access" message (or whatever the exact words are), you can avoid seeing this every time you open opera by changing your default firewall in your browser settings. however, keep in mind this has effects for literally every other web-based application on your phone, including your email. i was annoyed at seeing this message all of the time and switched my settings, only to change them back because you get alert messages for everything else.

(firewall settings are located in "options" -> "security options")
    11-11-08 03:53 PM
    by the way, in the improvements for opera mini 4.2, they say it now supports video sites like youtube, though i was unable to watch on my curve.

i still have the original OS (4.2) and I'm assuming this is the reason, but if there's anyone out there that has OS 4.2 and CAN watch videos, i would love to know how. thanks.

other than that, the new beta is great.
    11-11-08 03:55 PM
    Possibly pandora will work! Yee haw.
    opera 4.2 ota

11-11-08 03:59 PM
    Possibly pandora will work! Yee haw.
    opera 4.2 ota

It worked from this OTA link you posted! Wow...weird. Thanks fone.
    11-11-08 04:10 PM
    downloading now...

11-11-08 04:14 PM
    I'm posting from my phone so I can't see everyones devices/OSs, but is anyone running this/was running Opera Mini 4.1 on an 8330/4.5 possibly with Sprint??? If so, were you getting any problems with the pop up menu??? Mine would not stay viewable solid, almost like I opened and immediately closed it unless I kept scrolling in which case I could only see my selection for a split second. I am going to d/l right now but I was wondering if this version had the same problem???

11-11-08 04:23 PM
    I'm posting from my phone so I can't see everyones devices/OSs, but is anyone running this/was running Opera Mini 4.1 on an 8330/4.5 possibly with Sprint??? If so, were you getting any problems with the pop up menu??? Mine would not stay viewable solid, almost like I opened and immediately closed it unless I kept scrolling in which case I could only see my selection for a split second. I am going to d/l right now but I was wondering if this version had the same problem???

I'm having the same problem. I have a 8810 w/ att. Any input is appreciated.
    11-11-08 04:33 PM
    Like the myoutube streaming.. It'll stream a whole vid now.. For example. WTB.
    Like the skinning, looks good in black.
    Haven't got pandora to work,,yet, but did at least get signed in.
    Now if there was a way to disable the stinkin autocap.
    11-11-08 04:51 PM
    I'm having the same problem. I have a 8810 w/ att. Any input is appreciated.
    No dice, I think its just a beta OS problem. I have the same problem with my Sprint music store.

11-11-08 04:57 PM
    Definitely quicker- much snappier. Like the new skins. Regular you tube (non-mobile) works great with 4.5. Not much else different, but those are three good improvements!
    11-11-08 05:27 PM
    Yeah I agree its way faster than the normal browser. Looks better as well. I d/l'd it onto my pc as well and really like the browser. You can get some great skins too.

At any rate in regards to the pesky pop-ups its something we have to get used to because as somebody else just mentioned messing with the firewall causes a whole round of other issues that I didn't want to deal with.

I'm running the black skin which is pretty slick.

11-11-08 06:11 PM
    they fixed the myspace problem... no more german!

11-11-08 06:13 PM
    anyway to import my book mark and searches from my old version of opera to this one?
    11-11-08 06:35 PM
    anyway to import my book mark and searches from my old version of opera to this one?
    If you have version 4.1 of Opera Mini, just use the sync feature. Go to the bottom of the start page and log in. Log in from 4.2 and your bookmarks will sync over to the new version.
    11-11-08 09:42 PM
    Downloading it now!

Can Sirius XM be streamed with this new version?

11-12-08 07:29 AM
    Skins are back!!! Seems a little faster than 4.1 too.
    11-12-08 09:55 AM
    USCC 4.5.97

No problems

Seems faster, which they said it would be, this Beta can now access some new server.

I like that I can change the skin

11-12-08 10:07 AM
    downloaded with no problems.

Seems faster
    Changed Skin color, cool.
    Still no Sirius XM

overall, A-
    11-12-08 10:13 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD