**updated**

NYC Informal CrackBerry Meet-Up, Friday, September 26th Details:

Location: Bounce-Deuce (website: Bounce Deuce Downtown NYC. A unique venue in New York City combining the social atmosphere of an upscale lounge and fine dining, with a full service sports bar.)

Address:
    103 2nd Avenue (corner of 6th Street)

Time: Aim to be there between 7 and 8pm

Capacity: We have a private setup that can accommodate 25 - 35 people.

RSVP: The more the merrier so come on down, but if you can drop a note on this thread to say that you're coming or shoot me a PM that would be helpful. Whether it's a big turnout or small turnout we're gonna have some fun and party it up, but would be good to have an idea on numbers.

BIG Thanks to Panos (podcast listener!) for hooking us up with Bounce Deuce for the night.

Hope to see you all soon!!

>>>>

Hey Guys,

Ok Ok... I know I'm posting this is in the "wrong forum"... I'll mod it myself and move it to the Social Users forum in a bit, but wanted to post it here to get max exposure so even those who don't venture off into the Social forums would get a chance to see it.

Here's the deal.... I booked a trip to NYC for later this month. Didn't really take any summer holiday time, so I'm gonna visit the Big Apple for a few days to relax and get energized all at once.

I'm flying out on Wednesday the 24th, coming home on the Sunday. I know we have a ton of visitors/members from the NY area who frequent the site, so thought it might be cool to have an informal meet-up one night. I think Friday the 26th makes the most sense.

I know Podcast Craig will come out, as well as our forum moderator Adam (azeis), so we at least have the initial makings of a meet-up (hhmmm..how many ppl have to attend for something to qualify as a meet-up?!). It would be awesome if we get a good little group to turn out... could hold an impromptu CrackBerry Olympics and will make for a crazy picture - so many BBs guaranteed to be in one place.

But that's all I've got right now: No exact time, No exact location.

Let's use this thread to hammer out the details... so if you're interested in coming out, have any ideas on where to go, things to do, etc., post it below.

Hope to see you in a few weeks!!
    09-07-08 08:31 PM
    Wow that would be great. I am in NYC and will definitely attend. I am gonna think of some good places and get back to you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-08 08:40 PM
    I wish I lived in NY for this!! Kevin, come to MA!!!

09-07-08 08:47 PM
    Sorry I will miss out on this, I am going to NY this week and weekend.
    09-07-08 08:49 PM
    I say lets meet up in union square park assuming its good weather.............im down!!!!!
    09-07-08 09:04 PM
    I wouldn't mind i live in nyc
    09-07-08 09:05 PM
    There's a bench on the corner of Bleeker and W 3rd I used to hang out on when I was in high school .. We can meet there

09-07-08 11:17 PM
    Go to RockaFellar Center and visit Central Park!
    09-07-08 11:20 PM
    I'm 15min away from NYC!!
    Let me know more details!!
    Some of us has been asking for something like this!!
    09-07-08 11:26 PM
    AAAAAHHHH!!! I'm sooooo jealous!!! I was just there! I have so many NY/NJ CB'ers I want to meet.
    09-08-08 12:12 AM
    I would have loved to be there, but I am not due to be in NYC until later this year.

I hope everyone has a great time.
    09-08-08 12:37 AM
    I'm in NYC as well.

I think we should find a joint to host the meet-up, some place we cant get drinks and possibly some pizza pies.

While we discuss our Addictions.
    09-08-08 02:41 AM
    This sounds like a great area too meet up.

I'm in NYC as well.

While we discuss our Addictions.
    I'm going to be wearing my CB T-shirt and drilling Kevin as to why this is still not available?

BTW, I'm in!!!
    09-08-08 06:01 AM
    I would be there but I'm already scheduled to be on the beach for that entire weeks time.

Dm
    09-08-08 07:55 AM
    This sounds awesome. If this gets enough attention, and I can find a friend to come with me, I wouldn't mind flying out. I have 6 months off school and wanted to travel - this would make for a great first trip.

09-08-08 08:05 AM
    This is a GREAT idea!!! And of course NYC should be the very first place of the Crackberry Meet-up!!!!

I'm down!!!!
    09-08-08 08:09 AM
    Lets go! Are we talking about the mid day or the evening?
    09-08-08 09:15 AM
    Ok this is not getting around enough!! I spoken to 3 of my fellow CB BBm buddys and they do not know of this!!
    We need for feed back to make this happen. I know many people that have been asking for something like this.
    09-08-08 12:35 PM
    I'm in NYC and would definitely attend. I work near Rockafeller Center. We can go to The Top of The Rock.

09-08-08 12:42 PM
    Wow, I'm jealous! I wish I could be there, but sadly I'm not due to Princeton until October.

Hopefully I can make the next one.
    09-08-08 12:47 PM
    Sounds great am in NY and will definitely attend / washington square park is a nice area also
    Last edited by Seabreeze; 09-08-08 at 12:58 PM.
    09-08-08 12:54 PM
    I'm thinking something in the evening (early evening) makes sense to start...

a place where we can all easily meet up, grab some food, chat, chill for a bit, etc.

then if later on people want to head some place else (club or bar or something) where there's some tunes/bevvies that could be good.

i think the key to this meet-up is just to keep it totally informal, come and go as you like, and fun. zero stress kind of get together.
    09-08-08 01:10 PM
    Is it bad that I live in florida and am trying to figure out a way to go??!!! LOL. Someone needs to hook me up with a couch to crash on for a night and i'm there!!!!! hehe.
    09-08-08 01:18 PM
    Good idea Kevin!!

Friday evening...meeting up at a park? Not a good idea...why? Because around the hours that we'll be meeting up I'm going to need some food and some drinks and a dirty hot dog from the frank cart on the corner is not going to cut it for me and many others LOL...so, 2 ideas I have in mind so far are:

Dallas BBQ's: Good Food and GREAT Drinks
    *Suitable for everyone's pocket/wallet/purse (however you carry the cash or plastic) haha*

Dave & Buster's: Eat, Drink & Play

So, check out the links...this should be a fun gathering

I'll think of more ideas throughout the day
    09-08-08 01:42 PM
    I'm thinking something in the evening (early evening) makes sense to start...

a place where we can all easily meet up, grab some food, chat, chill for a bit, etc.

then if later on people want to head some place else (club or bar or something) where there's some tunes/bevvies that could be good.

i think the key to this meet-up is just to keep it totally informal, come and go as you like, and fun. zero stress kind of get together.
    Kevin, we're on the same page with the food and drinks haha
    09-08-08 01:48 PM
303 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD