Hello, this is an amazing site I must say. I have become totally addicted. I have had my first BB Pearl 8130 for a little over a month and CB has helped me tremendously. I have a question about file free memory in the options>status> section. I am not sure how much bytes is a good amount to keep on the BB. I have about 10637728 bytes. Is that sufficient? The BB is not slow but I want to make sure I am not putting too many programs on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-08 04:00 PM
    that is only 10,,, you will want to consider freeing up some of its memory,,, see stoners guide http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    07-13-08 04:03 PM
    07-13-08 04:03 PM
    10mb is not enough memory for the BB to work the way it's supposed to. The bare minimum of file free should be 12mb... right now you said you only have 10mb. If your file free drops below that you're going to start seeing your text messages, emails and call logs start to disappear because that's what your BB will do if it's that low on file free. Just last week I was in your exact position. The maximum file free I could get on my BB was 13mb immediately following a battery pull, and now that I've followed the step-by-step guide that Stoner wrote up (link is in my signature), I get over 21mb after a battery pull. I highly recommend it
    07-13-08 04:07 PM
    Wow, and that is only the CrackBerry/BlackBerry Forum solution set.

There are a surplus of riches, taken together, it must be overwhelming for a new user.

I appreciate the confidence all of you show in recommending our made in CrackBerry solution.

Last edited by Stoner; 07-13-08 at 04:41 PM.
    07-13-08 04:13 PM
    Check the links in my signature for memory optimization!!

Specifically, Stoner's Guide
    07-13-08 04:17 PM
    Welcome to CB!
    07-13-08 04:18 PM
    I usually run around 17 after a battery pull. Just deleting the sample video saved a ton plus changing the media option.
    Happy Crackberring! =8')
    07-13-08 04:42 PM
    Hello, this is an amazing site I must say. I have become totally addicted. I have had my first BB Pearl 8130 for a little over a month and CB has helped me tremendously. I have a question about file free memory in the options>status> section. I am not sure how much bytes is a good amount to keep on the BB. I have about 10637728 bytes. Is that sufficient? The BB is not slow but I want to make sure I am not putting too many programs on it.

Thank you for all the great answers, I deleted Brickbreaker, all calls in call log, all SMS messages, unused languages, yahoo to go (did not use), all email messages. I could not Enable Content Compression b/c in the Security options it is not listed. I don't know if this is a Verizon thing or what. I have a 2gig micro memory card that I store all my music and pictures on. I have changed device media to 12 mb, changed messages time saved to 15 days, and did a battery pull. I now have 15764420, much better. Thank you again!

07-13-08 05:11 PM
    These threads, as Stoner says, can really be confusing. I have over 24mb after following the Stoner guide without clearing my call log or deleting many programs or themes. I think the one thing I do that might be helpful for newer BB users to keep in mind is that I have not added lots of applications - and I delete the ones I don't use after trying them out. I am not shorting myself either. I've got CNN, Yahoo, google, OM, and some card games in addition to the ones that came preloaded. These BB's are amazing machines!

07-13-08 05:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD