Here is what I do.

1. wipe down device make sure it's (buffed clean), with no marks.
    2. pull battery and set device on wash cloth.
    3. lightly spray device or where being applied. (DO NOT SOAK IT)
    4. Make sure hands are wet with solution(will reduce chances of finger prints)
    5. Peel off section to be applied.
    6. While holding in finger tips spray section( AGAIN DO NOT SOAK)
    7. Lay section on device. (wet on wet)
    8. Slide it around to get it centered.
    9. Spray device with section on. This will allow squeegee to slide on section and not pull nor wrinkle and get stuck on section.
    10. picture the section of shield or "skin" and in your mind make sections, work from the middle out.
    11. With card or provided squeegee, pull water out. Do this by holding one finger down on section(wet) to hold in place then pull with car or squeegee in one direction only.
    12. After work of section off areas. you can now do the edges.
    13. With the process taking a bit the edges might be some what dry but still damp from run off, that is cool.
    14. Take one edge at a time and roll the edge off with your finger, very slow, repeating over and over. If the edge stick and hold down this si good, but you may have to repeat again to get it to hold down on all edges.
    15 If edges are not holding down, this si the hairdryer part. You will be using it anyway, so might as well start now.
    16. Have dryer on low heat. slowly work back and forth on skin but do not hold over a spot for a long time, it will melt it....
    17. After skin is dry and will appear white or foggy it's cool it just needs cleaned off. we will do this later.
    18. Now to hold down edges, put dryer under edge that is hanging over and sweep a couple times this will dry most liquid and allow it to be sticky to bond to the phone....
    19. Repeat same process with rolling finger over edge, and holding down while rolling.. Repeat.
    20. after this process is done and edges are holding... (DO NOT PUSH OR PULL SKIN) it may still slide.
    21. Now to finally dry skin. Put dryer on high heat and full power. use a quick sweep motion back and firth repeating for 5-10 minutes, phone will get warm but not holding in one place will not cause damage.
    22. After you think the skin is dry enough and light fog on skin. Take a damp wash cloth. (Lightly damp) and wipe off skin. Lightly do not push or pull.
    23. skin all clean and ready to use.. still I would say no heavy use for a few hours to make sure it's all secure. I have done this process for tons of my phones and It works every time.

* I accept no responsibility is any damage you may cause to your skin or device. these are my instructions but I figure I would share.
    05-18-08 10:34 PM
    Thanks for the help.
    05-18-08 10:36 PM
    Bump up to the top, more and more users are getting BB's and getting the skins. Hope it helps
    05-21-08 09:28 PM
    bump to top.
    07-18-08 09:09 PM
    bumpity bump
    02-13-09 07:09 PM
    great post, it took me like three tries before i got my shield on perfectly (i applied one on my mom's phone, my sister's phone, my aunt's ipod...). what i did is definitely similar. thanks for the tip on the hairdryer! i never thought of that.
    02-13-09 07:37 PM
    Wow what a bump from the past

Thx for the comments.
    02-15-09 09:16 PM
    Every website that sells these body shields says not to spray the device.
    03-09-09 08:33 PM
    What works for me... May not work for you.
    03-11-09 09:07 AM
    Probably because if some is good, more must be better... so some might overdo it on wetting down their device.

The idea is that things seem to go easier if solution is applied to both surfaces (device and skin). My variation on the theme is to spray some solution on a clean, dry cloth (microfiber or whatever) and wipe the device surface with it before applying the dampened skin. It just puts a tad of solution on the device surface, yet not so much to get solution in unwanted places such as in the keyboard. This has allowed me to use a finer mist of solution on the skin which seems to produce a better end result.

A few times I've also wet the plastic smoothing card with solution, then used it to *lightly* even out or "smooth" the solution on the sticky side of the shield for a perfectly uniform coat of spray across the tacky side of the shield before applying it. This may be my OCD showing up however...

Before I began to dampen *slightly* the device surface as the OP suggested, it seemed I had to wet the sticky side of the skin more to give me "wiggle room" so I could slide it around some for perfect placement. This occasionally left me a few fine bubbles that never dried out (probably from too much solution sprayed on the skin).

Using (something similar to) the OP's procedure, I've had perfect results every time now on several phones, iPod's etc.

YMMV-
    03-11-09 10:16 AM
    it's like putting tint on a car, get both surfaces wet, much easier to install that way, good write up.
    03-11-09 10:21 AM
    Do they all come with the spray? ... or did you use windex or similar?
    03-11-09 11:23 AM
    it comes with the spray.
    03-11-09 11:26 AM
    If you get a Best Skin Ever it does not come with a spray. My strategy was to soak some dish soap (don't use hand soap) in rubbing alcohol (requires some strong mixing). Alcohol is better to use because it evaporates quicker and if you have hard water it won't leave deposits or residue on on the sticky side, and it's slippier allowing for greater control of skin placement.
    03-11-09 11:31 AM
    Bump

There was some questions recently with applying IS shields and other skins. This may help some of you....
    06-23-09 03:24 PM
    Why don't we put this in How To? Too modest to move your own post.
    06-23-09 03:31 PM
    Why don't we put this in How To? Too modest to move your own post.

~ I am making that face at you right now lol.....

06-23-09 03:35 PM
    Thanks. It took me an hour to do my BB
    06-23-09 04:46 PM
    Seriously thou they are GREAT instructions.
    06-23-09 04:55 PM
    If you get a Best Skin Ever it does not come with a spray. My strategy was to soak some dish soap (don't use hand soap) in rubbing alcohol (requires some strong mixing). Alcohol is better to use because it evaporates quicker and if you have hard water it won't leave deposits or residue on on the sticky side, and it's slippier allowing for greater control of skin placement.
    I found that eyeglass cleaner from the walmart optics department works very well dries fast but not too fast. The sprayer gives the perfect mist as well so you can regulate and not drench everything.
    06-23-09 07:17 PM
    Thanks very helpful
    06-23-09 10:33 PM
    Distilled water would also work well........
    06-25-09 09:54 PM
    The guy at Best Buy applied my screen protector skin because he said he'd applied a bunch and was good at it...he did a decent job, but there are still some fine lines (I don't know if it's bubbles or what) visible under the skin. Is this just common and I have to accept it that way, or can I somehow safely remove the skin and try to reapply it? Thanks!!
    06-28-09 12:53 AM
    great info, just remember to get all the dust off BEFORE applying! Did mine only to wake up to a big chunk of dust under the film...Can I get a do over?
    07-21-09 12:09 AM
    thanks for this!
    07-26-09 04:27 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD