I'm a college student and I'm trying to decide between the iphone and blackberry tour.The only real advantage I know of with the blackberry is faster email but other than that I've heard the iphone is a better phone.Also is email on the blackberry that much faster than on the iphone?I'll be doing a internship this summer and I'm sure I'll have to use my email and I want to make sure that's not going to be a problem on the iphone.I'm currently with Verizon so the switch to AT&T for the iphone would be a big deal.
    11-05-09 12:40 AM
    Well those are two really different phones. I guess it all boils down to what you rally want in a phone. Obviously emails are an issue for you. I don't know how well the iphone handles email, but the tour will get your emails when they hit your inbox on the computer. So if getting emails quickly is a big concern, I say go with the tour. If you like snazzy looks and lots of apps, go with the iphone.
    11-05-09 12:43 AM
    I'm also a college student..

if you want a touchscreen I would get a Storm 2.. the keyboard is great.

if you really use a calender I would go with the iPhone.. it simply has a better look

Overall there are so many pros and cons of each that its hard to say which is better.. its a case by case basis..
    11-05-09 12:47 AM
    I'm a college student and I'm trying to decide between the iphone and blackberry tour.The only real advantage I know of with the blackberry is faster email but other than that I've heard the iphone is a better phone.Also is email on the blackberry that much faster than on the iphone?I'll be doing a internship this summer and I'm sure I'll have to use my email and I want to make sure that's not going to be a problem on the iphone.I'm currently with Verizon so the switch to AT&T for the iphone would be a big deal.
    Are you trying to get us mad?

AND... this site is called CRACKBERRY... whaddaya think we're gonna say??? If you want a truly unbiased opinon read some reviews by reputable agencies. Forum boards are very biased.

AND.. I'll be easy on you ('cause you're new here) but... geesh, are your trying to get attacked making that statement above?
    11-05-09 12:48 AM
    Yeah, but only trolls and flamers will go after a noob with a sincere question, and no one really cares what they think anyway. lol The only true, unbiased opinion you can really get on a forum is one you make on your own.
    11-05-09 01:00 AM
    Have you used either device? Thats always the best advice I can give. Any of us can ramble off comparison's and obviously, some of are biased to the BB. I know I am.

I think the iphone is cool, but for me, it just seems like a play phone. Which is fine, but I guess a lot of the features seem like you can just play with silly apps and do nothing else. I could be wrong, since I don't have much experience with the iphone.

The other thing is to make sure you can actually use the 3G and wifi in your area with ATT. The area I live in, there is no ATT 3G. My friend has the iphone and unless she's in Minneapolis, her phone does nothing special at all.
    11-05-09 01:04 AM
    check out this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/ip...y-tour-356512/

Same guy posted EXACT same question twice. They've been a member for a few days and start 2 threads on a subject that is tired and so-often repeated it borders on insanity. Either they are EXTREMELY bad at using this site or just being annoying.
    11-05-09 01:08 AM
    ignore the OP, he is trolling the fourms
    11-05-09 05:38 AM
    iphone or tour?
    100% iphone

iphone or 9700?
    thats a preference thing.
    11-05-09 06:16 AM
    As far as email goes my email hits my Curve 8330 before it hits my inbox on the desktop it's very fast! No experience with the Iphone. Verizon coverage is great I have not lost a call yet here in the Hudson Valley of NY

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-09 07:05 AM
    Have you used either device? Thats always the best advice I can give. Any of us can ramble off comparison's and obviously, some of are biased to the BB. I know I am.
    Excellent advice
    11-05-09 07:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD