I believe (just as RIM believes) that the web browser is the second most important aspect of the phone (especially for the consumer). In order to compete with the iphone (hate it or love it) rim needs to really come through with their web browsing experience on their new phones. I used the the G1 yesterday and its browser was amazing.

My brother sent my uncle (who has an iphone) and my friend (who has a G1), and me a video via facebook. sad to say i was the only one who couldnt load the video on youtube....

Can the bold or storm do what the iphone or G1 can?
    10-25-08 02:05 PM
    This has been a long discussed and pointed out. RIM's bread and butter is push email. That is something that Apple hasn't been able to match yet.
    10-25-08 02:11 PM
    I believe (just as RIM believes) that the web browser is the second most important aspect of the phone (especially for the consumer). In order to compete with the iphone (hate it or love it) rim needs to really come through with their web browsing experience on their new phones. I used the the G1 yesterday and its browser was amazing.

My brother sent my uncle (who has an iphone) and my friend (who has a G1), and me a video via facebook. sad to say i was the only one who couldnt load the video on youtube....

Can the bold or storm do what the iphone or G1 can?
    My 8330 Curve has been able to load YouTube videos straight out of the box.

10-25-08 02:17 PM
    my question wasn't why BB's are better than iphones .... my statement was that in order for rim to continue its dominance, it will need a web browser that is on par with the iphone and the g1

@womp, i have a att curve running 4.5 and like i said, the video didnt load. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 10-25-08 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Argumentative
    10-25-08 02:24 PM
    BlackBerry has upgraded the Browser and many other features with the new v4.5xx Device Software upgrade.

This verison will allow you to view YouTube video. Try using m.youtube.com.
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 10-25-08 at 02:35 PM.
    10-25-08 02:33 PM

same here.
    10-25-08 02:34 PM

Mine too...
    10-25-08 02:44 PM
    BlackBerry has upgraded the Browser and many other features with the new v4.5xx Device Software upgrade.

This verison will allow you to view YouTube video. Try using m.youtube.com.
    I only upgraded to 4.5 the other day, 4.3 was the OS installed 'out of the box' and it has always played YouTube video perfectly fine in the month I've owned the phone. At least on Verizon...I don't understand why it'd be different on other carriers? Weird.
    10-25-08 02:50 PM
    I only upgraded to 4.5 the other day, 4.3 was the OS installed 'out of the box' and it has always played YouTube video perfectly fine in the month I've owned the phone. At least on Verizon...I don't understand why it'd be different on other carriers? Weird.
    Your 8330 came with v4.3xx, the OP's profile indicates he is using an 8310. The 8310 was shipped with the earlier v4.2xx. That version does not support streaming media.

Nothing to do with the carrier, just a matter of which version of OS software you are using.
    10-25-08 02:59 PM
    Ahh...sounds like he needs to upgrade then.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-08 07:33 PM
    my question wasn't why BB's are better than iphones .... my statement was that in order for rim to continue its dominance, it will need a web browser that is on par with the iphone and the g1

@womp, i have a att curve running 4.5 and like i said, the video didnt load. Any suggestions?
    I agree. They need to continue to improve their browswer. I have 4.5 on my bb. It's a step up from the previous version, but all sites do not work. When I log into my work Email and File Management site, I'm unable to click on many of the links after logging in. The links are there, but my mouse pointer will not change to the hand icon in order to click the links. I have to resort to using Opera Mini to access the site. Opera Mini has no problems with the site.
    10-25-08 08:45 PM
    The OP said they have an "att curve running 4.5". Not sure why it's not working then. What's the specific OS version?
    10-25-08 09:02 PM
    I'm on TMO running 4.5 an an 8320 and am unable to play anything off m.youtube.com. Any ideas??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-08 09:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD