Alright, I am writing this after searching for an answer for over 4 hours on the internet. I received an email on my blackberry saying I had to validate my email account. When I tried to validate it, it said i was entering the wrong password(which i wasn't), i must have tried 100 times. The only thing i could find after searching the web was, "go to your email setup and click the account that needs validation and click Edit". There was no "edit" option for that account obviously, and my email was in red writing. So I deleted the email account(on my phone) and tried to add it again. It says the same thing, my password is incorrect, so I cannot add it to my phone. I can log into my email fine from my computer. I am literally about to kill someone and break my phone and my computer. Apparently 1000's of people have had this problem, but i couldn't find a solution. Please help! This email account is critical to my business.
    Thanks!
    05-12-10 02:39 AM
    I'm guessing you are on BIS, not BES. Login to your carrier's BIS website and reset the email password. You can do this from a PC, or using the "Email Setup" icon on your phone.
    05-12-10 04:41 AM
    I'm guessing you are on BIS, not BES. Login to your carrier's BIS website and reset the email password. You can do this from a PC, or using the "Email Setup" icon on your phone.

i've tried the BIS on my computer, it won't let me log in with any of the 3 email accounts i have going to my phone, even though, only one is giving me the problem. Also, the "email setup" icon would only take me to "enter your email and password" then "invalid password". So i deleted the account on my phone, and re-did it, but now it wont let me put it on my phone, because it still say invalid password. It's driving me absolutely insane.

Any other suggestions?

Maybe i did the BIS wrong. I searched for it on google, i found the at&t BIS login, put in my information. but it doesn't work.
    05-12-10 10:30 AM
    Call AT&T and have them reset your BIS user name and password. Then log in with that.
    05-12-10 10:41 AM
    Call AT&T and have them reset your BIS user name and password. Then log in with that.
    I called, and spoke with a lady who I could tell didn't really know what I was talking about, she said that she was updating my the internet aspect of my phone, and that I had to turn it off, so the updates could load, and that It should work after that. I asked her, what updating my phone has to do with an email account that stopped working, when my other email accounts on the phone still work, and i asked her if she could just give me the "user name" and "password" for my BIS login. She gave me some long ramble, and told me she would call me back in 5 mins, after i turned my phone off and back on for the updates. BIG SURPRISE and HOUR later, i still have not received a call. Ill just call again and try to find someone who knows something. This is frustrating though.
    05-12-10 12:51 PM
    Ok, so i finally got ahold of someone who helped me out. after being transfered around on at&t, they connected me with BB tech support. They said that this is an issue that they are aware of, that has just happened recently, and they are working on it. So I guess, i just have to wait and keep trying to set up the email, and hopefully sometime in the near future it works again. thanks! hope that info helps others keep their sanity.
    05-12-10 01:32 PM
    Yeah I ran into the same thing here. I dont know if this is another wonderful BB caused / induced outage or if it is caused by msn (the one I am having a problem with. The only silver lining is that this account for me is not critical and the other accounts are working.
    05-12-10 01:51 PM
    Did anyone ever get an answer of how to solve this? This just happened to me today. I even changed my PW on the email account thinking maybe blackberry couldn't read one of the characters. Still doesn't work.
    06-16-10 09:14 AM
    i am also having this problem, on my phone it says wrong password. I try to register on the computer and it says my account will not allow me to access html browser, try using the device to access BIS. I dont know what to do.
    Thanks, Tony
    06-29-10 07:45 PM
    Did any of you guys find a solution to this problem?
    I have recently changed BB and cannot setup an e-mail account that has worked for years....stupid!

Thanks for any replies.
    05-03-11 04:25 PM
    Hey! Anyone ever resolve this? I just changed my gmail password and now can't use the email functionality of of my BB. Don't know how to log into BIS online. Various error messages. Bottom line is I can't resolve it on the phone or computer. Spoke to service provider. No luck there either. The BB is mission critical, so unless I can sort it soon, I will just have to back it up and bin it. Would be a real shame. And expensive too! Would really appreciate help. Many thanks, JB
    03-20-12 06:16 PM
    Hey! Anyone ever resolve this? I just changed my gmail password and now can't use the email functionality of of my BB. Don't know how to log into BIS online. Various error messages. Bottom line is I can't resolve it on the phone or computer. Spoke to service provider. No luck there either. The BB is mission critical, so unless I can sort it soon, I will just have to back it up and bin it. Would be a real shame. And expensive too! Would really appreciate help. Many thanks, JB
    If you just changed your gmail password, you would have to let your BlackBerry know about the change. Go to Setup > Email Accounts, and then enter your new password.
    03-20-12 06:39 PM
    Same case for me. A week now without my emails. After my BIS lapses I won't renew it. Am bining the damn thing. Its now a "text" phone. My carrier has no clue either!
    06-10-12 01:04 PM
    Follow the advice in Post #2. It's usually what's necessary to solve this problem when it happens.
    06-10-12 01:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD