I know there may be other workarounds, but I have been using this for some time now and it works great.

IF you only use hotmail then you can create an @tmo.blackberry.net e-mail address (If you are T-mobile)... or just create a carrier specific address. When you do this set your reply to address as [email protected]. This way when your friends receive your emails it will look as if it is coming from your Hotmail account.

Then use Izymail ......and sign up there for free (is olny good for 30 e-mails, then it's 17 bucks for the year). After you pay for the year you can get emails sent to you every 10 mins.

Now it's not as great as syncing, but it's a workaround.

Cheers!

JW
    02-26-08 12:01 PM
    Might as well just upgrade to the Plus version of Hotmail, no? It's $20 a year and allows you to connect via POP3:

Windows Live Hotmail Plus

POP server is: pop3.live.com
    SMTP server is: smtp.live.com
    02-26-08 12:10 PM
    Yeah, if you are gonna spend $17 after the 30 free emails, you might as well sign up for Hotmail Plus for $20.
    02-26-08 12:18 PM
    can't you just forward the hotmail to the @blackberry.net address? then have the reply to as your hotmail address, and you should be good, unless hotmail doesnt support forwarding
    02-26-08 12:30 PM
    can't you just forward the hotmail to the @blackberry.net address? then have the reply to as your hotmail address, and you should be good, unless hotmail doesnt support forwarding
    You can't forward your Hotmail address somewhere else unless you pay for the Plus service.
    02-26-08 12:37 PM
    i think there is an easier and free way posted around here somewhere!
    02-26-08 12:38 PM
    Has it been confirmed that a Hotmail Plus subscription will allow normal email access via Blackberry? Or is this speculation?

The Hotmail Plus site says you can access via Outlook, but I wasn't sure whether they were using some proprietary Microsoft garbage to enable that.
    02-28-08 11:58 AM
    Might as well just upgrade to the Plus version of Hotmail, no? It's $20 a year and allows you to connect via POP3:

POP server is: pop3.live.com
    SMTP server is: smtp.live.com
    This works on the BB but not in Outlook. Go figure. I have searched but can not find the settings for Outlook but it downloaded to the BB after paying the $20.
    02-28-08 05:14 PM
    I don't understand the problem. I have had my hotmail account for over 10 years and i set it up on my BB pearl with no problem. I get access to it thru outlook express as well. Am I grandfathered in or something?
    02-28-08 05:18 PM
    Yes, the plus account works on BIS. Once you have a plus account you have to look in the help files for the pop and smtp addresses that I posted above. It's advertised as working in the help files but just not on the features page before you buy. I have a plus account and can confirm it works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-08 05:27 PM
    Older hotmail accounts will forward. Mine does. Friends who haven't had it as long cannot...

-db
    I have no idea why...

02-28-08 05:28 PM
    Whew. Thats good to know. Ive had my hotmail since 94. I get all my emails straight from hotmail to my berry.
    02-28-08 07:06 PM
    Just use gmail. Just kidding, I'm sure someone will find a way around this problem

02-28-08 07:11 PM
    Oh and yes... Old hotmail addresses are grandfathered into certain features like pop access and forwarding, depending on when you created it.

02-28-08 08:51 PM
    Ok, I am a brand new BB owner, 2 days new and here is what I've got....My oldest hotmail account will not work (10 plus years old) but my new one (less than six months old) does work just fine. Its the standard free email account, anyone have any explanation why I can't use my older account?
    02-28-08 09:13 PM
    Funny but opera mini has no problem accessing hotmail the normal way. Plus u can also use the blackberry browser for hotmail through medianet

02-29-08 01:17 PM
    OregonBerry,

The same thing is happening to my brother. We are trying to put his 10 year old hotmail acocunt onto his Sprint 8830 and it won't let us. But I was able to add my newer one to it...I'm trying to find the answer :-(
    03-04-08 10:05 AM
    Seems like hit or miss with hotmail. Like Feet said, I just go to MSN on opera, not push, but you can still check it.
    03-04-08 10:09 AM
    I had to pay for the Hotmail Plus to get mine working. Now it works fine. I would hate to pay for BIS and have to use Opera to check my email.
    03-04-08 02:10 PM
    Yeah I too am having the same problem with Hotmail. I do have the free account but I upgraded to the Windows Live Mail, since I have a new computer which WLM took over Outlook, so I assume that has to be a pop server, or no?? GRR this is so frustrating!
    03-06-08 03:02 AM
    Using the BIS setup online, I have managed to add hotmail to my blackberry. I can receive emails fine, but haven't tried replying to one.

03-06-08 03:08 AM
    this is a waste of money as free hotmail works fine when setup in outlook or windows live on a PC first then on the BB
    03-08-08 10:29 AM
    I have free Hotmail and I also use the Windows Live Mail when on my PC since it's so much easier than logging onto MSN everytime. Any suggestions on how to get it to work JCJ??
    03-08-08 01:27 PM
    I'm sorry - I think I don't understand what's wrong here.
    I get my hotmail forwarded to my blackberry just like my other 4 email accounts... gmail, school, etc.
    Which problem are you guys discussing?
    03-09-08 03:21 AM
    I've been the "set it to forward" kind of person. Sometimes you just get way to much mail, and it's a lot easier to just turn off automatic forwarding then removing a email account on your bb.
    03-09-08 08:16 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD