Hey all,

I just recently purchased Guitar Hero 3 for my 8300 with high expectations. With a price tag of $15, why not expect something a little better than decent right? Well, I'll start off by saying I personally don't think it's worth $15. Right from installation, you realize that the songs are going to be low quality MIDI format. The game is only 1.09 megs, which is space efficient, but disappointing in the fact that the songs aren't of better quality. The menu is solid and smooth. No lag etc. The only customizable options, or option rather is to change the sound from low, medium and high (as well as Off). Yes, that means you cannot change the controls.

Not being able to change the controls normally isn't a problem, but with this game it is. You have 3 buttons in this game, respectively R, Y, and U. Not the most comfortable setup if you could imagine. It would have made more sense to make the buttons left shift, space and right shift. I'll also note that in order to use star power, you have to click the trackball. After a while you'll get used to the setup, as with any Guitar Hero game, but it's just naturally uncomfortable.

The visuals in the game are what you would expect, crap. But it's only a phone so you can't really knock the visuals. The actual game works perfect though, you press the key, the note plays, and that's exactly what guitar hero is. So if you're a Guitar Hero junkie, then you'll probably enjoy this quite a bit. But for others, you'll play it a few times then realize that your $15 could have been invested in something more valuable.

I give the game a 6/10.
    04-01-08 04:52 PM
    Lol, I wouldn't aspire to play anything higher than an NES game on these phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-08 04:57 PM
    Great review though.

04-01-08 04:59 PM
    thanks was gonna try it but I'll pass!!!
    04-01-08 05:01 PM
    Great Review I must say IT sounds like a good game but I would rather get it on the DS guitar Hero is a game that you have to Jam with and i dont know about you but i love my Crackberry and because I Love my Crackberry I refuse to over use it with a Jam style game like guitar Hero I rather use it to watch the Showtime Hit Series Californiacation Staring the dude from the X files as seen on videos4blackberry.info | 4.5 8300 Pics! | Now, Pics, Seem, Some, Well
    04-01-08 05:20 PM
    What few tunes do they pack into it?
    04-01-08 06:38 PM
    There 15 songs plus 3 added monthly for a year with the one time fee of 15$ the gam also has a ladderbord so you can compeat with other people the game is not the PS3 version althoe it does have the same songs but I enjoued it and will love to play this wile waiting get to lisen to muisic I like and be entertained as well.
    04-01-08 07:05 PM
    thanks for the review

a co-worker of mine & fellow BB-user bought the game as well & said around the thing you do!

04-01-08 08:02 PM
    thanks for the review

a co-worker of mine & fellow BB-user bought the game as well & said around the thing you do!

No problem! I just wish someone had written a review on here before I bought it . I'm still going to play the game though!
    04-01-08 10:39 PM
    Regarding the $4.95 a month version, is it $4.95 a month for every time I get song updates, or $4.95 a month just to keep playing? It doesn't stop working after a month if I don't continue to pay, does it?
    04-04-08 05:44 PM
    thanks for your take
    04-06-08 04:33 AM
    the 4.95 version is to keep getting new songs once a month not to keep playing it. I just got the game on my 8300 and well its ok but hey I didn't pay for it I like the songs its midi but if you know how the song goes then you will like playing it.
    04-06-08 11:19 AM
    So I can just pay $4.95 and never update if I want? 15 songs is enough.

04-06-08 01:12 PM
    Yea from what I understand
    04-06-08 01:25 PM
    Isn't there a free trial available?

04-06-08 01:31 PM
    I had the game on my LG xv8300verizon flip phone) it was alright, for what it was.
    04-06-08 01:55 PM
    I downloaded this at work on Friday.. not tooo bad. If there was a trial i probably woulnd't of paid $15 for it.
    04-06-08 02:28 PM
    I wish they took advantage of the media card. I wouldn't mind having normal songs and sacrifcing space for it
    04-06-08 09:33 PM
    To bring this back up from the grave, has anyone noticed that the songs available for download went from "ok I can beat this song" to "holy crap how will i ever beat this"? Im talking about expert, i did the APR update, songs are rediculously hard.
    05-09-08 10:46 PM
    Does anyone have the crack key code for the Guitar Hero 3 Game for a BlackBerry Curve 8320
    02-04-09 07:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD