I just deleted two ringtones off my Berry. Both files still show up as listed within my device's hardware. But when I press 'play', the ringtones do not show up on the secondary screen, nor do they play.

Why's that?

Is this a problem with my phone specifically?
    07-13-08 07:47 AM
    Remove your battery with the device on. Leave it out for 30 seconds or so. Put it back. When the device reboots, your list should be correct.
    07-13-08 07:54 AM
    Battery pull

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-08 08:15 AM
    Does the battery pull wipe out your phone's contact list?
    07-13-08 09:27 AM
    Does the battery pull wipe out your phone's contact list?
    No, it just reboots the device. It is safe.
    07-13-08 09:28 AM
    I'm really annoyed.
    Did a battery pull and when the Berry powered on (automatically), my Messages Icon disappeared. Typically not a problem 'coz you can retrieve hidden icons, except when I went to use the 'Search' tool to look for certain messages, the Search Tool wouldn't open either.

My Berry performed a verification of security in which everything passed except for an
    'uncaught exception:java.lang.NullPointerException' and a 'java.Land.Error'. I presume this is directly related to my missing messages + icon.

Did a battery pull again and the same thing happens.

I'm gonna synch my contacts on my laptop then take my Curve in tomorrow.
    07-13-08 09:57 AM
    I'm really annoyed.
    Did a battery pull and when the Berry powered on (automatically), my Messages Icon disappeared. Typically not a problem 'coz you can retrieve hidden icons, except when I went to use the 'Search' tool to look for certain messages, the Search Tool wouldn't open either.

My Berry performed a verification of security in which everything passed except for an
    'uncaught exception:java.lang.NullPointerException' and a 'java.Land.Error'. I presume this is directly related to my missing messages + icon.

Did a battery pull again and the same thing happens.

I'm gonna synch my contacts on my laptop then take my Curve in tomorrow.

I don't blame you for being annoyed. You may be the one in a thousand persons for whom a battery pull causes the OS to become corrupt. Actually, it's probably a lot rarer than that, given how many times we do it. It sounds like it is going to be necessary for you to reinstall your OS. Don't do anything else to your device until a few others have time to see your post and respond. There may be another way to recover.
    07-13-08 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD