Will my third party apps transfer to my my replacement Tour with Device switch Wizard?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-10 09:38 AM
    I don't believe so, I think you have to re-download all of the 3rd party apps to the new device.

I've never used the Device Switch Wizard, so I'm not 100% sure... I haven't heard that you could do it tho...
    07-14-10 09:40 AM
    About the device switch wizard

If you switch BlackBerry devices, the device switch wizard is designed to import supported email messages, organizer data, third-party applications, and BlackBerry� Enterprise Server connection options from your current device to your new device.

Yes, it does support transfer of third party applications.

In some cases, you may have to re-authorize them because you will have a different PIN number.
    07-14-10 09:48 AM
    About the device switch wizard

Yes, it does support transfer of third party applications.

In some cases, you may have to re-authorize them because you will have a different PIN number.
    Wow, I was WAY off!

Good to know, thanks Reed!
    07-14-10 09:52 AM
    No problem my friend. That's why we have Google.
    07-14-10 09:58 AM
    I've used it four times now (replacement Bold 9000 for a first one with a dead trackball, 9700 upgrade from 9000, replacement 9700 for the first one, and replacement 9700 for the replacement). It is nothing short of amazing. It makes switching phones SO much less of a pain. All of my settings, contacts, apps (yes, 3rd party ones), and even background picture transfer over.
    07-14-10 06:10 PM
    Can this work to download apps from my current phone onto an old phone that is no longer on a network? My son is using my old phone, but I never had games on it. I'd like to download some for him, but it doesn't have wifi.

TIA!
    07-14-10 06:29 PM
    Thanks everyone, I have a replacement Tour coming tomorrow. Going to try out the device switch wizard.
    07-14-10 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD