I've never owned a BB, or smart phone for that matter and am planning on getting one later this week. What would people suggest between the Curve or the Storm on the Verizon network?

I'd heard some bad reviews on the storm's initial firmware, but from the looks of it, a simple firmware update to a beta OS takes care of many of the initial issues.

I'd also heard that the hard "click" on the Storm's screen gets annoying, but I'd like to hear actual users experience with this rather than just reviewers.
    03-16-09 12:55 AM
    The most obvious thing with the Storm is that you will have to train your fingers to new keyboard...

I'm surviving with mine...
    03-16-09 01:05 AM
    the Storm is the way to go...
    03-16-09 01:29 AM
    hmmmmmm

I would base your decision upon your primary use. If you want to text mostly and recieve e-mail, then get the Curve. Texting was a breeze on the Curve after a week of practice. The web browser is pretty poor, but better than the one you find on a non-smart phone. Opera mini is a great free web browser you can download that gives it a more HTML feel.

If you want the best web browsing experience then get the Storm. It has a way more useable screen, and web browser, but texting is difficult sometimes, and very hard to do one handed,. I could text on the Curve easily with one hand. With the lastest firmware updates I think the Storm is starting to surpass the Curve in overall usability, but I still can't text on it as fast I could with my Curve.
    03-16-09 01:59 AM
    I have a curve and I agree w/ steve when it comes to txting. It is a wonderful device for that. But I love my web broswer. It works great, I have a high speed web broswer connection. Esp cuz I have a tmobile hotspot wi-fi modem. And this phone has a awesome HTML look. Look identical to a PC page, except smaller font. I love it. Curve all the way. I have the BB 8900. Hope this info helps!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-09 02:09 AM
    I have a Curve, my son has a Storm. Aside from the comments already posted... the Storm is heavier and bulkier. I pocket my Berry, and I prefer the Curve for this type use.
    03-16-09 09:45 AM
    You seem to be generally aware of both units. Search for like forums and try them both out in person. With those two tips you're almost guaranteed to find the one right for you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-09 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD