ok i have the 8830 and i downloaded desktop manager with media manager. I have a 2gig sd card in it so all the songs should fit. when i go to media manager and put them all on the sd card it looks like they all went on but when i unplug th ephone form the computer they are not in the music folder? Am i doing something wrong?
    09-10-09 02:52 AM
    There are a few places the music could have gone. The most popular 2 are:

'X' represents the drive association of the SD Card.

1) X:/Music
    2) X:/BlackBerry/Music

Check both of those locations. If not, manual copy and paste (if the songs are in mp3 format) to either of these locations, preferably the latter.
    09-10-09 02:59 AM
    on device manager it says they are in: media card/blackberry/music
    09-10-09 03:05 AM
    What the Doctor said, just drag and drop to the music folder of your sd card.
    09-10-09 03:07 AM
    i think that is what i am doing? or do you mean not through media manager?
    09-10-09 03:16 AM
    i can't find the media card on my computer only through media manager... The songs all show up on the computer.

theres 3 folders, blackberry (where it has the folder for songs, ect.) DCIM, and MISC
    09-10-09 03:21 AM
    On the phone go to Options> Memory
    Turn Mass Storage Mode support to On
    Set Auto enable when connected to Yes

You can now use it just like a flash drive (not through Device Manager)

If you haven't done so you should format the media card in the same place through the Options> Memory> BB button> Format card
    09-10-09 03:32 AM
    they are both on and i have already formated the card i put a few pictures on the card and they are showing up on the phone... Where do i find the card on my computer?
    09-10-09 03:42 AM
    If you have Mass Storage Mode enabled, your media card will appear as a removable drive in My Computer on your PC. It should have a drive letter and \Blackberry. Open the \Blackberry folder and you should see subfolders like Music, Videos, Documents, Ringtones, Pictures, etc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 03:48 AM
    Start menu then Computer, there will be two drives Blackberry 1 and 2, the card should be 2 but I'm not entirely sure. You should be able to find out due to whats on them at the moment and there available memory.

I renamed them both so I always know which is which.
    09-10-09 03:48 AM
    ridesno159, I've never seen Blackberry 1 and 2 on my computer.

09-10-09 03:50 AM
    ok i only have 1 blackberry folder but i opened it and went to the music folder and all my songs were there! They should be working on the phone then right? They are still not
    09-10-09 03:53 AM
    You have to exit Mass Storage Mode by disconnecting from the USB port, or the BB can't access the card.

09-10-09 03:55 AM
    i do and still nothing
    09-10-09 03:57 AM
    Try pulling the battery then opening up the music folder, it should start reading the card and the music should show up.
    09-10-09 03:57 AM
    i know its reading the card because my pictures are still showing up
    09-10-09 03:58 AM
    ridesno159, I've never seen Blackberry 1 and 2 on my computer.

Then what do you see? When I plug it in I have always seen two different drives. 1 for the phone (drive H) and 2 for the card(drive G)
    09-10-09 04:00 AM
    Why do you have a DCIM folder? You used the card previously in a Canon digicam?

Anyway, go to Media, Menu, Explore on your BB. Search for your music in the Music folder on the card.

09-10-09 04:00 AM
    yay i did a battery pull and all the songs ar eon there now yeah! ok so i dont need desktop manager now since i can just put them on through "my computer" right?
    09-10-09 04:03 AM
    That's the easiest way, I glad you got it figured out
    09-10-09 04:05 AM
    Thank You guys so much!!!!!

And no i havent used this with anything other thna this phone.. my fiance bought it for me for it, i have only had it a few months...

I'm so happy now thank you soooo much!!! who knew it woul dhave been as simple as a battery pull? lol
    09-10-09 04:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD