have no idea what i did to it but now the main screen is just a bunch useless icons and i can not make out goings call ann basically cant do anything with the fone!!! anyone please help..i dont know what to do
    05-16-09 10:33 PM
    Have you tried to reload the os via the desktop manager? Or what about a battery pull? Try pulling the battery out for a minute or two and then see what it does. If it is still not any better try reloading the os.
    05-16-09 10:37 PM
    i did the battery pull but its still the same, and i dont know how to reload the os or anything like that...
    05-16-09 10:39 PM
    I would go to your carriers website and download the os from there. I am not sure what it is for the storm. Also you could probably do a search here and find it. Also make sure you have desktop manager 4.6 downloaded on your computer as well. Once you have both things downloaded then you can use the application loader in the dm to upload the software. Also you can do a search and find the exact steps, but it is pretty easy once you get everythign downloaded.
    05-16-09 10:45 PM
    i downloaded the dm from here but i dont know how to use it as thats the reason why i ruined the fone..but thanks for the help i will keep searching see what i can come up with
    05-16-09 10:55 PM
    What exactly are the useless icons?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 11:02 PM
    basically all the icons, they are al real small and when i click on the nothing happends i get an error messege, when i try to make a call i press 1 number and it freezes on me, just dont know what to do
    05-16-09 11:09 PM
    I'd do what others suggested and reinstall your OS.

05-16-09 11:14 PM
    i would do what others suggested but i dont know how...thats how i ended breaking it...!! but i do appreciate u all helping..
    05-16-09 11:17 PM
    i would do what others suggested but i dont know how...thats how i ended breaking it...!! but i do appreciate u all helping..
    05-16-09 11:17 PM
    right now i guess im updating the application loader, im gonna c what happens after that..
    05-16-09 11:19 PM
    Check the How To forum for instructions on how to properly upgrade/downgrade your BB.

05-16-09 11:22 PM
    ok, just have to find my way there..
    05-16-09 11:31 PM
    how can i get my fone back to the way it was...like when i bought it??
    05-17-09 01:53 AM
    If you take your time and follow the instructions, everything will be fine. One step at a time. Where are you right now with everything?

05-17-09 01:56 AM
    i have the desk top manager installed and the fone is actually on, i can recieve calls, but the main screen is just a bunch of likttle icons, i cant set up email, bb messenger and the browser look horrible, i have the 4.7.0.122 (platform 4.0.0.153) if that makes any difference...
    05-17-09 02:21 AM
    i have the desk top manager installed and the fone is actually on, i can recieve calls, but the main screen is just a bunch of likttle icons, i cant set up email, bb messenger and the browser look horrible, i have the 4.7.0.122 (platform 4.0.0.153) if that makes any difference...
    If you have a previous back up, connect your phone to desktop manager and do a restore. Maybe....just maybe that may be all you need to do.

If that doesn't work, come back.
    05-17-09 02:24 AM
    Go to my profile (click my avatar), there's a link in my signature to the BB 101 Lecture series, click that, then there should be a link to a guide on how to fix a nuked berry.

05-17-09 02:27 AM
    i dont have a back up..i didnt know what i was doing and i cant find the back up even if i did it..
    05-17-09 02:27 AM
    If you're all for wiping it and reinstalling your OS, here is some info and some threads that should help you out.

First, I would make sure everything is backed up in Desktop Manager.

Then I would wipe with JL_Cmdr.

After that, I would download a fresh copy of whatever OS you want to use to your computer.

Lastly, I would reinstall the OS using the instructions found here.

For some reason, the link isn't posting right, but if you click on the quote icon for my post, in the quote the link is properly displayed so you should be able to copy and paste it into your browser.
    05-17-09 02:28 AM
    Connect your phone to desktop manager and allow it to restore your phone.
    05-17-09 02:29 AM
    If you're all for wiping it and reinstalling your OS, here is some info and some threads that should help you out.

First, I would make sure everything is backed up in Desktop Manager.

Then I would wipe with JL_Cmdr.

After that, I would download a fresh copy of whatever OS you want to use to your computer.

Lastly, I would reinstall the OS using the instructions found here.

For some reason, the link isn't posting right, but if you click on the quote icon for my post, in the quote the link is properly displayed so you should be able to copy and paste it into your browser.
    did the jl-cmder but cant open it, and the "choice" program opens but it just give a y and n ...
    05-17-09 02:41 AM
    Please let us know the progress.

Wish we had a visual on this. Odd.

05-17-09 02:42 AM
    Please let us know the progress.

Wish we had a visual on this. Odd.

I agree with that. OP, is there any way you coukd take a picture of your BB for us to see so we know what we're dealing with?

05-17-09 02:46 AM
    yeah i will take a pic of what the fone screen looks like, i downloaded the j thing and tried to open it but it doesnt do anything just a quick black flash and its gone..
    05-17-09 02:47 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD