So my fellow bb user and I put out phones next to each other, turned on bluetooth... And both phones came up with LG something, and asked us for the passkey or something.
    How can I work bluetooth to successfully send info (ie: pics, etc)?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-08 01:23 PM
    the passkey is usually 0000 but im not 100% sure
    03-11-08 01:34 PM
    I've also seen 1234.
    03-11-08 01:36 PM
    Also just a word of advice, if your friend is transferring to your BB, you will need to go into media and the folder you wish to put the file in and set it to receive.
    03-11-08 01:39 PM
    Thanks again Sunkast.

I have been trying for days now to figure out why my fiance's phone won't send any pics, songs, or vids to my BB. Her's is an LG phone. But I knew there was someway I had to enable "receive." Your response answered the question without me even having to make a new post.
    03-11-08 03:07 PM
    Thanks guys.
    To the two who suggested possible passkeys - is there some way I can find out what that is?
    When I put in the passkey, am I putting in the key to MY phone, or the key to her phone?
    03-11-08 03:26 PM
    The documentation for the bluetooth device, in my experience, has had the default passkey. In some cases, I think, the passkey can be changed by the user. For me, it has always been clear (based on the "asking" device's request), which device's passkey you are supposed to enter.
    03-11-08 03:59 PM
    I usually enter 0000 for the passkey but even if I enter 1234 etc then it doesn't really matter. As long as you enter same numbers on both fones when prompted.

And for the BB to receive you got to use the option 'receive using bluetooth'

03-11-08 04:28 PM
    Thanks for the help
    03-11-08 04:42 PM
    Okay,

1. Go into "Media" on your BlackBerry and enable incoming files (Menu-->Receive using bluetooth).
    2. Find the file on your friend's device that you wish to send, and beam the said file accordingly.
    2a. If you have not "paired" (created a friendship between) the two devices before, you will need to do this first...
    2b. One of the devices will ask for a PIN code first and on this device you need to create a four-digit, numeric password that can be anything you like.
    2c. On the second device, enter the four-digit, numeric password you created and follow the simple, on-screen prompts on both devices to complete the pairing (you can also pair the devices in advance by going into Menu-->Set Up Bluetooth).
    2d. Depending on the devices being used and the time taken to complete the pairing, you may need to re-send the file (go back to step 1), otherwise, continue below...
    3. When your friend's device tries to send you the file, your BlackBerry should ask you to name the file and where to save it; if you have not set the device as "trusted" in the bluetooth settings (Options-->Bluetooth-->your friend's device), you may need to approve the file transfer first though.
    4. The file should now be on your device.

Note: by default, all
    * Pictures are saved into /Device Memory/home/user/pictures or /Media Card/BlackBerry/pictures if you have a memory card.

* Sounds (including songs) are saved into /Device Memory/home/user/ringtones/ or /Media Card/BlackBerry/ringtones/ if you have a memory card.

* Videos are saved /Device Memory/home/user/videos or /Media Card/BlackBerry/videos if you have a memory card.

In other words, unless you specify somewhere else in step 3, this is where you will find your file.

And remember, your incoming file transfer WILL NOT WORK UNLESS YOU FIRST "PAIR" (CREATE A FRIENDSHIP BETWEEN) THE DEVICES, go into Media and CLICK MENU-->RECEIVE USING BLUETOOTH!!!

Hope this helps!

03-12-08 04:33 AM
    Thanks for the info... I don't have to use mms anymore

04-26-08 08:35 PM
    Thank you soo much. I was looking for this. newbie here still trying to figure a lot of thing.
    06-22-08 11:47 AM
    i can do everything fine upto the point where it asks me to save the file. Once i'm here, I navigate to the folder icon, but it always shows "Media Card/Blackberry/ringtones". I keep using the trackball, but can't navigate elsewhere..anyone else face this issue ?
    07-01-08 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD