Message from Jim Balsamic (CEO of RIM Blackberry) we have had an over usage of user names on Blackberry Messenger. We are requesting all users to forward this message to their entire contact list. If you do not forward this message, we will take it as your account is invalid and it will be deleted within the next 48 hours. Please DO NOT ignore this message or blackberry will no longer recognize your pin. If you wish to re-activate your account after it has been deleted, a charge of $25.00 will be added to your monthly bill. We are also aware of the issue involving the pictures updates not showing. We are working diligently at fixing this problem and it will be up and running as soon as possible. Thank you for your cooperation. **Please do not ignore this message***

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-10 07:44 PM
    lol more crap eh.....
    12-06-10 07:59 PM
    Never heard of Jim Balsamic or the company RIM Blackberry...
    12-06-10 08:09 PM
    NOOOOOOOO!!! Say it ain't so!
    12-06-10 08:12 PM
    Didn't he invent vinegar?
    12-06-10 08:18 PM
    sigh.... and there is a spanish version of the exact same content...
    I really expected those who has used ICQ, hotmail, any other similar programs or email service would already know how to spot these instead of passing it on....
    12-06-10 08:29 PM
    That's exactly what I first thought. Lol
    Yeah I remember him from school. No one ever wanted to get too close to him!

12-06-10 09:19 PM
    OMG!!!! Jim Balsamic! That's classic right there! Made my night. Lol

This is probably kik people messing with everyone.

12-06-10 11:54 PM
    Ive been getting this same crap for the last few days and can't believe people actually fall for it.
    12-07-10 12:02 AM
    Yeah I know.. These things are so ********.. BBM doesn't use accounts anyway, so even if people don't know the CEO or stuff like that, they shouldn't be stupid and think BBM uses accounts.
    12-07-10 06:44 AM
    It's easy enough for people to do this that there's no way the CEO would mention in that way. You'd see on crackberry and on the front page of every newspaper and as a message as soon as you open BBM if something like this ACTUALLY happened, so I always ignore messages to [general population].
    12-07-10 07:20 AM
    I've gotten this message as well...I keep trying to tell people this is false but no one listens.
    12-07-10 07:23 AM
    Jim Balsamic....a bitter man.
    12-07-10 07:57 AM
    Ive been getting this same crap for the last few days and can't believe people actually fall for it.
    No crap. I'm still waiting for my ****** to fall off from the last one I didn't forward.

12-07-10 08:29 AM
    Just as others said, I read it and the first thing which was "Jim Balsamic" I was so confused...I thought to myself who on earth is this "Balsamic" guy??

Atleast if your starting an idiotic BBM spam/chain mail - why not get the basic information right ?
    12-07-10 01:54 PM
    Doesn't matter if the information contained in chain mails is correct or not. You could post one that says radiation from cellphones makes people grow 3 heads, and people would still forward it (and of course grow 3 heads in the process)...
    12-07-10 04:27 PM
    Dam, I pay 25 bucks from the last one..what do I do?!?!

Dam!

12-07-10 06:48 PM
    Yea... They're getting annoying now.

"I did not want to send this ....
    Sorry for the bc they **** me off too but my pics won't update! If Your display pic won't change , it's because ‎​'Blackberry' is updating , please send this message to all your contact so yours can be updated. BB.pic.32315589.XIC
    This is the real broadcast from Blackberry� All rights reserved.

Broadcast this message to every single contact on your BBM� to reset your display picture, sorry for any inconvenience"

12-07-10 07:14 PM
    I've recieved a few different versions of these chain messages over the past week.....so freakin annoying!
    You would at least think by now that everyone knows they are fake.....

Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 12-07-10 at 08:35 PM.
    12-07-10 08:21 PM

Dam!

Think you might be SOL.
    12-07-10 11:37 PM
    You would at least think they could spell Jim Balsillie's name correctly if they are going to try to pull off such a hoax, but then again most people probably don't know or know of RIM's co-CEO and could not spell his name correctly anyway.
    12-08-10 01:04 PM

Dam!

Your refund checks in the mail buddy.
    12-08-10 01:41 PM
    You would at least think they could spell Jim Balsillie's name correctly if they are going to try to pull off such a hoax, but then again most people probably don't know or know of RIM's co-CEO and could not spell his name correctly anyway.
    Yea soon as I read Mike Lizzard & Jim Bastille, I knew I was in for trouble! LOL
    12-08-10 03:36 PM
    I personally like these chain messages - they help me reduce unneeded contacts from my BBM list.
    12-09-10 01:08 PM
    I wish I had BBM still so I could start my own hoax. It looks like fun!
    12-09-10 05:05 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD