you know if you're out and need a little juice for your battery, do they make portable chargers that you can carry with you? ones that ere battery operated or you power up before use, etc.
    thanks
    07-05-08 10:08 PM
    Save yourself the worry and get an extended battery
    07-05-08 10:11 PM
    Save yourself the worry and get an extended battery
    Ditto on the Extended Battery.
    07-05-08 10:28 PM
    Brookstone sells a AA adapter for emergency power. I haven't tried it, nor done the mAh math, so I don't know long it would last.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-08 10:31 PM
    The question here is, How often will you use it to justify the cost?
    07-05-08 10:40 PM
    Hate to say this but extended battery plus a car charger may solve your problem.
    07-05-08 10:42 PM
    The Brookstone model is $20 and comes with a battery. So you can buy immediate backup power at an airport in a pinch. One single use might justify the cost. But I agree with you. It feels like wasted money until you need it, so I've looked at them, but never bought.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-08 10:44 PM
    I do a lot of outdoors stuff, and use one of these, which has adaptors for most kit. Has a solar panel as a backup as well. Very useful when camping etc.

powertraveller powermonkey-eXplorer solarslave portable charging power
    07-06-08 04:48 AM
    I use one when battery is down.
    The initial cost sounds good.......plus batteries (and the el-cheepos dont work for very long) increases the price 10-fold.... really it is handy but carrying a spare charged battery is more economical.
    07-06-08 06:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD