Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 9.27%
  • No

128 84.77%
  • i don't care!

9 5.96%
    This is an open letter/ survey to all active members..

Don't you think it's time to rename the site from Crackberry to.. ( place your suggestion here)

it seems that most of the active members are not using or have abandoned the blackberry platform anyway.
    We have moderators who are even pushing for other platforms and bashing a blackberry.

Let's be realistic, if i log in at Toyotanation.com for example, as a newbie i would expect to see most of the members as owners of a Toyota, not a Honda nor a Ford.
    Sadly it's the Ford/Honda owners who posts most of the times and bash the Toyota line of vehicles.
    and as a "newbie" trying to find answers/ suggestions i'll probably get the wrong impression from the said site.
    Last edited by mark_rivers19; 03-03-11 at 08:07 PM.
    03-02-11 06:33 PM
    So some people have both Blackberries and iPhones and some have all 3 platforms. Does that mean RIM should rename their brand to something else and restart their brand awareness? No. Crackberry is well known, even my friends who aren't very techy come here once in a while and look for solutions which then they refer their other friends who have issues as well. Crackberry.com is just fine and don't want it to be changed. Thanks for asking though

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-11 06:42 PM
    If they just banned ALL iphone and android crap this site would be a 100% better. We come to read about BlackBerry news and stuff. If you want to read iphone and android go their sites .

Ban the iphone and android crap pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee

jaydee5799, cbreze, mcjohn and 2 others like this.
    03-02-11 06:58 PM
    If they just banned ALL iphone and android crap this site would be a 100% better. We come to read about BlackBerry news and stuff. If you want to read iphone and android go their sites .

Dude, quit being so ignorant. You don't see any news related to the iPhone or Android unless you go their sections. And if you are talking about the discussions then there is no way people will stop talking about them even if you remove them, they are two platforms that will always be compared to blackberry whether you like it or not. I don't see how you can't hate them so much that you can't stand seeing their names. Face it you will always hear and see about them everywhere everyday.

03-02-11 07:10 PM

This is why CB is an "open forum" so you can post "crap" like that without much thought.
    Fonz0 likes this.
    03-02-11 07:16 PM
    there's really nothing wrong with comparing the blackberry to another platform as long as there are some standards/ benchmarks to discuss about.
    but what's happening to the site is this..
    under blackberry dicussion, the usual suspects will start thread about ipad 2 and the speculations for the iphone 5/4G based on the ipad 2.
    HOW it that relevant to a blackberry site? seriously?
    if i want to read about apple speculations ( since i own apple prducts as well) i'll just log in to macrumors.com.

now playbook vs ipad1/ipad2 is a valid thread provided that there are at least a paragraph of sentence... with substance obviously in that thread.

but what we're seeing are one liners like "ipad 2 wins playbook fail" again from the usual suspects.
    Jake Storm and stevejb like this.
    03-02-11 07:16 PM
    there's really nothing wrong with comparing the blackberry to another platform as long as there are some standards/ benchmarks to discuss about.
    under blackberry dicussion, the usual suspects will start thread about ipad 2 and the speculations for the iphone 5/4G based on the ipad 2.
    if i want to read about apple speculations ( since i own apple prducts as well) i'll just log in to macrumors.com.

now playbook vs ipad1/ipad2 is a valid thread provided that there are at least a paragraph of sentence... with substance obviously in that thread.

but what we're seeing are one liners like "ipad 2 wins playbook fail" again from the usual suspects.
    People here just post anything in any section, that's why the mods move it to the right section. And plus I don't see anything other than Blackberry related threads in the General Discussion section unless I'm missing something.

03-02-11 07:20 PM

Thank you , Amen to that.
    03-02-11 07:27 PM
    I don't even bother going to threads like that. They get the /dev/null treatment. Now that I looked, I almost wished i had done that to this thread.

But being a sucker I'll play along, I would rename crackberry.com to : androidandapplesucksiwantarealkeyboardandasecurede vicethatgetsmyworkdoneandisnotagamesystemandhasaba tterythatwilllastonefullbusinessday.com
    03-02-11 07:51 PM
    Those who want to exclude Android and Apple users from here are talking about excluding a lot of knowledgeable people from the site as well.

Some of the discussions get a bit overboard at times, but just remember, most of us are former BB users and want to stay up to date on BB developments and see what's new.

Anyway, I voted "no", don't change the name.
    03-02-11 09:07 PM
    Those who want to exclude Android and Apple users from here are talking about excluding a lot of knowledgeable people from the site as well.

Some of the discussions get a bit overboard at times, but just remember, most of us are former BB users and want to stay up to date on BB developments and see what's new.

Anyway, I voted "no", don't change the name.
    Exactly - When I went to the DX, I was always checking back on Crackberry for BB news and rumored devices.
    03-02-11 09:19 PM
    Since its a 'grouping' of smart phone sites that are all sister sites to one another it would be impossible, and I wouldn't want it...

But for fun how about....
    Smokecrackberry.com
    Berryaddictedlikecrack.com
    Crackseepandneverpour.com (huh?... yeah me too lol)
    Blackaddictsberrystyle.com

I could go on and on but lack wit tonight folks.

03-02-11 09:47 PM
    placeforwhinyb!tchestocomewhineandb!tchabouteveryt hingRIMdoes.com.

Last edited by 18to12fitty; 03-02-11 at 10:04 PM.
    03-02-11 10:02 PM
    That's like saying because McDonald's sells more than hamburgers/cheeseburgers and fries they should change the name. I believe a lot of time and expense has gone into the marketing of the Crackberry name (brand) and logo. Changing the name makes no sense IMO.
    03-02-11 10:51 PM
    CrackBerry is just fine. Leave it that way.

03-02-11 10:58 PM
    ...Let's be realistic, if i log in at Toyotanation.com for example, as a newbie i would expect to see most of the members as owners of a Toyota, not a Honda nor a Ford.
    Sadly it's the Ford/Honda owners who posts most of the times and bash the Toyota line of vehicles.
    and as a "newbie" trying to find answers/ suggestions i'll probably get the wrong impression from the said site.
    Agree 1000%
    There are now Android/Apple/HP forums associated to this site, the mods should do a better job of keeping the Trolls out of the BlackBerry forums and direct them back to their respective homes.

Yes, there are a lot of knowledgeable posters on the BlackBerry forums that no longer own a BlackBerry. They are not the problem and they are most welcome. We all know who the Trolls are. It's obvious, yet the mods refuse to weed them out and hide behind the "open discussion" bs. There is a big difference between open, interesting discussion and one line trolling/bashing.

It's ridiculous that people here are actually being criticized for being a RIM fan on a BlackBerry forum.
    03-03-11 01:07 AM
    My name with a .com after it. Problem solved.
    03-03-11 01:11 AM
    My name with a .com after it. Problem solved.
    That's just pure cockiness.
    03-03-11 01:16 AM
    I think that JRSCCivic98 shouldn't be a moderator here anymore.
    If I could only get away with making a thread about that...

03-03-11 07:17 AM
    How about berrycoolstuff.com or coolberrystuff.com, oh wait...I own both of those..

I don't think the name needs to be changed. I like learning about other phones as well when I want to. I don't like the back and forth of Android and Iphone is better than your phone. Only because those topics are usually someone asking for help and they get off track by other phone users...gets a bit ridiculous.
    03-03-11 07:50 AM
    I love it. Best suggestion ever.

placeforwhinyb!tchestocomewhineandb!tchabouteveryt hingRIMdoes.com.

03-03-11 08:02 AM
    I like the name. Don't change it!
    03-03-11 08:10 AM

+1 I'm sick of having to wade through anit-blackberry propaganda when I just want to learn more about my, uh, blackberry. I wish the anti pukes would go elsewhere.
    Bobcat665 likes this.
    03-03-11 08:44 AM
    iDroidBerry.com
    03-03-11 09:16 AM
    I think Mark has too much time on his hands.
    03-03-11 09:18 AM
103 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD