Any chance th crackberry mobile site can be reformatted for us 9700 OS6 adopters to be able to see it without magnifier glass?
    m.crackberry.com is the only mobile site I have this problem with, common guys, fix it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-11 05:56 AM
    Seems fine here? I'm running a hybrid 6.499

04-04-11 06:06 AM
    Andy_mk3, what's your browser font set to? I'm on .461, and I have to zoom on the mobile page to make it readable, and I don't get word wrap.

04-04-11 06:14 AM
    Font is 'BBCasual' I think. I have to zoom but word wrap is fine.

I'm using this OS: http://forums.crackberry.com/f224/bt...-6-1-a-601049/
    04-04-11 06:21 AM
    I'm on official 6.0.0.448 and the font is way to small. But I go to many other mobile sites and they're fine, only crackberry.com has this problem.

04-04-11 06:23 AM
    I'm on official 6.0.0.448 and the font is way to small. But I go to many other mobile sites and they're fine, only crackberry.com has this problem.

Same problem just started happening for me with the Torch when I upgraded to .526. It seems to be only the forums ... all other CB content is fine. I threw a note up in the Site Questions & Bugs forum about it.
    04-04-11 06:56 AM
    I think they should install a smartphone theme to the forums, it's much much better than the wap site. Another forum I use has it and it's great.

No zoom or word wrap needed.

04-04-11 07:00 AM
    The font just needs to be one size bigger, or maybe two. That's all, it's the font nothing else, I want to be able to read it without straining my eyes.

04-04-11 07:08 AM
    I think they should install a smartphone theme to the forums, it's much much better than the wap site. Another forum I use has it and it's great.

No zoom or word wrap needed.

Wap3 was working like this for me until this last OS upgrade.
    04-04-11 07:09 AM
    Can't you just hit menu then column view? When I do that it enlarges the font and wraps it.I'm not running Os 6 tho. I'm running 5.0.0.732 hybrid on my storm. Mybe they're different.

04-04-11 08:59 AM
    BB6 has no column view. It's the only thing I miss about OS 5. When I zoom on the CB mobile site, I get no wrap. I have to pan 'n' scan.
    04-04-11 09:04 AM
    The font just needs to be one size bigger, or maybe two. That's all, it's the font nothing else, I want to be able to read it without straining my eyes.

I'm running 6.0.0.448 on my 9700 and changing the font size does nothing. I changed it to 14, saved it, refreshed the page and nothing. I even cleared the cookies, pulled the battery and tried again and still nothing.
    04-04-11 09:35 AM
    BB6 has no column view. It's the only thing I miss about OS 5. When I zoom on the CB mobile site, I get no wrap. I have to pan 'n' scan.
    You can do a double-tap on a touch screen which zooms + column view (kind of a pain because you have to do it on every page). Don't know how to do it in OS6 with a non-touch screen.

04-04-11 10:05 AM
    I'm running 6.0.0.448 on my 9700 and changing the font size does nothing. I changed it to 14, saved it, refreshed the page and nothing. I even cleared the cookies, pulled the battery and tried again and still nothing.
    I found that changing the font size only affects the scale of the zoom when you double-tap. I've got mine set to 9, so when it zooms it isn't ridiculously large, just big enough to read easily.

04-04-11 10:09 AM
    I know, that's the problem, they need to change it on the website.

04-04-11 10:12 AM
    You can do a double-tap on a touch screen which zooms + column view (kind of a pain because you have to do it on every page). Don't know how to do it in OS6 with a non-touch screen.

That only works on full web pages not on mobile ones unfortunatelly

04-04-11 10:13 AM
    I just click the trackpad once, it zooms in and fits it all in on the screen.
    04-04-11 11:30 AM
    On the mobile site?

04-04-11 12:03 PM
    Oh yeah! Forgot about that. Does the same as a double-tap, and yes, it does work on the Wap3 view.

Only other issue is the text-entry box for composing or replying to posts - it's like a mile wide and very difficult to navigate around if you're trying to compose a voluminous missive.

04-04-11 12:21 PM
    Oh yeah! Forgot about that. Does the same as a double-tap, and yes, it does work on the Wap3 view.

Only other issue is the text-entry box for composing or replying to posts - it's like a mile wide and very difficult to navigate around if you're trying to compose a voluminous missive.

What's Wap3 view?

04-04-11 12:25 PM
    I think the issue is in the header, it appears to be rendering too big and thus making everything ELSE very small. I will move this thread to Site Questions for more attention. (from the right people)
    04-04-11 12:30 PM
    What's Wap3 view?

CB's mobile site.

04-04-11 12:31 PM
    I think the issue is in the header, it appears to be rendering too big and thus making everything ELSE very small. I will move this thread to Site Questions for more attention. (from the right people)
    Cool - feel free to delete my other thread here (Wap3 unusable) if you'd like.

04-04-11 12:34 PM
    Even if the zoom and render function would work on the mobile page it would defeat the purpouse as it ads extra steps, steps which I don't mind on a full web page but on a mobile page it would get in the way.
    Really, if the font was one size bigger I would be happy.

04-04-11 12:47 PM
    If you notice on the blog side the CB header renders MUCH smaller thus the wap page looks fine on our devices, BUT on later builds for some reason, the header on the forum side renders MUCH larger, thus making the text much smaller and forcing you to zoom. I agree it's annoying!
    04-04-11 01:26 PM
103 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD