Watch Out! It's Solar Storm!

It's not another iPhone clone or a spin off of OS6. It's something totally new (as far as I know). Just had an idea pop into my head, "Solar Storm" and then developed a theme around that. The theme is available in 5 colors:
    • Deep Space Black
    • Photon Red
    • Cosmic Blue
    • Martian Green
    • Sunspot Yellow

Solar Storm offers lots of functions and features while still provides loads of room to show off and display your favorite wallpapers.

Features
    • Unique "orbiting" scroll of application icons
    • Hidden today (with Calendar, Messages and SMS text display plus link to apps)
    • Large, easy to read Clock display
    • 23 Functions on homescreen:
    • - 1 large static icons with application text displayed - perfect for BerryWeather, MeterBerry or any other of your favorite apps
    • - 12 smaller homescreen icons (user defined) in the orbiting icon dock
    • - 1 hidden hotspots (user defined)
    • - QuickLaunch and Berry Weather hidden hotspot plus 7 other static hotspots
    • High quality custom icons
    • Fully skinned to match theme color
    • Custom wallpaper (user changeable)
    • No lag

Special Thanks to Padgoi for his expertise in developing the orbiting icon code. The orbital scroll is really smooth and adds a touch of flare to the theme. Nice to work with ya Pad! Check out for a very short video showing the orbiting icon scroll.

Here's the roadmap for the Theme

Examples of Hidden Today

Example of Wallpaper Friendliness

Regularly $3.99, on sale for $1.99 through 8/31
    Last edited by Bob61; 09-24-10 at 09:28 AM.
    08-09-10 05:09 PM
    Looks good BOB61.. Cant wait to see the screenshots and see the reviews..
    08-09-10 05:13 PM
    Hey...why does the Photon Red say its non touch screen on the purchase page? Is the typo? Thats the color I was about to get.
    Last edited by bad_boy321; 08-09-10 at 06:03 PM.
    08-09-10 05:45 PM
    Whoops. Yep, its a typo. I'll get that corrected. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-10 06:17 PM
    ok....question. How do I get the Berryweather icon to appear in the berryweather hotspot area without losing the theme background. I enabled the wallpaper, but it goes to an all black homescreen/backdrop.

Is this possible?

Lastly, I love this theme. Cool as Heck. Is there a way to open the messages/calendar hotspots without the hidden today opening first? Sorry for the questions. thanks.
    Last edited by bad_boy321; 08-09-10 at 06:57 PM.
    08-09-10 06:53 PM
    ok....question. How do I get the Berryweather icon to appear in the berryweather hotspot area without losing the theme background. I enabled the wallpaper, but it goes to an all black homescreen/backdrop.

Is this possible?
    hes gonna have to supply you with the wallpapers..
    08-09-10 06:56 PM
    hes gonna have to supply you with the wallpapers..
    I thought so. Figured I'd ask incase I missed something.

Thanks.
    08-09-10 06:58 PM
    I thought so. Figured I'd ask incase I missed something.

Thanks.
    Np boss ..

08-09-10 07:01 PM

Is this possible?

Lastly, I love this theme. Cool as Heck. Is there a way to open the messages/calendar hotspots without the hidden today opening first? Sorry for the questions. thanks.
    Just added the default wallpapers to the original post. Use these as the background for BerryWeather.

As for your second question, unfortunately no since it's using the same area. Only other option is to put the hidden today elsewhere. I thought about putting that where the application text shows in the top banner, but usually just end up opening hidden today and then going into calendar or messages from there (you can click on the Messages, Calendar and SMS and MMS from hidden today to launch as well.

Thanks for the feedback!
    08-09-10 07:25 PM

My daughter wouldnt give me my allowance early, but she let me use her card.. all i can say is Very Nice! Diggin it ..
    08-09-10 08:17 PM

My daughter wouldnt give me my allowance early, but she let me use her card.. all i can say is Very Nice! Diggin it ..
    I just knew you'd have the right wallpaper to work with this theme Thanks for posting it.
    08-09-10 09:02 PM
    What do ya know??? As they say, timing is everything.... must have been perfect timing with releasing Solar Storm as it's been included in this weeks Crackberry Theme Roundup for the week.

BlackBerry theme roundup for Aug 10th, 2010 - 50 copies of Xis to be won! | CrackBerry.com

Total surprise to me. Certainly appreciate the recognition of my work and being included in such great company of other creative and talented theme developers.
    08-10-10 11:02 AM
    Glad you guys are enjoying this one. Had fun building the orbiting dock. Really is a beautiful theme, kudos to Bob for his artistic abilities and originality. Great partnership.
    08-10-10 02:38 PM
    This looks like a great theme! I'm jealous a little bit that I don't have a storm to use it on!
    08-10-10 02:40 PM
    Another great theme by Bob, keep it up!
    08-10-10 09:05 PM
    WoW Bob, I like what you've done here. Looks great...
    08-11-10 06:16 AM
    Just added the default wallpapers to the original post. Use these as the background for BerryWeather.

As for your second question, unfortunately no since it's using the same area. Only other option is to put the hidden today elsewhere. I thought about putting that where the application text shows in the top banner, but usually just end up opening hidden today and then going into calendar or messages from there (you can click on the Messages, Calendar and SMS and MMS from hidden today to launch as well.

Thanks for the feedback!
    Perfect, thanks! Looks smoother with the actual theme wallpaper behind BW.
    08-11-10 07:28 AM
    WoW Bob, I like what you've done here. Looks great...
    Thanks - I see you've been busy lately too....
    08-11-10 04:27 PM
    Perfect, thanks! Looks smoother with the actual theme wallpaper behind BW.
    I figured everyone else had a wallpaper or two they already liked with BW. I've found that I've used the default wallpaper now for my BW. Rather simple, but sometimes that's all ya need (or want).... Enjoy!
    08-11-10 04:29 PM
    Just uploaded this maintenance release to Mobihand. Emails should be received soon with update info.

v1.2 - Maintenance Release
    ---------------------------
    - Fixed issue noted where if you pressed show/hide to quickly for icon banner the icons would display without the banner.
    - Tweaked the display of the second set of icons in the icon dock. Noticed that the first icon was slightly too low in the dock, corrected this minor issue.
    08-13-10 07:54 AM
    Does this update apply to the lite4free version as well?

08-13-10 08:10 AM
    Does this update apply to the lite4free version as well?

No, no change to the "Lite" version as it did not have these issues (only applied to the scrolling dock). Thanks for your interest in my theme.
    08-13-10 10:15 AM
    FYI - on sale through 8/31 for $1.99. Don't forget free version also available.
    08-18-10 12:20 PM
    I downloaded the last update but the alarm icon covers the last number on the clock. Cab it be moved to the left of the clock?

Thanks. Still rocking the theme.

08-18-10 12:26 PM
    I downloaded the last update but the alarm icon covers the last number on the clock. Cab it be moved to the left of the clock?

Thanks. Still rocking the theme.
    Designed theme around 12 hour clock with AM/PM, set alarm above that. Didn't think about those with 24 hour clocks - arg! It's easy enough to do, will put into next update. Thanks for the feedback and for rockin' the theme.....
    08-18-10 07:28 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD