So here's an update to my original first try...

***UPDATE 21 Dec***
    -Added icon to lock screen for weather. Whatever is in position 13 on the app list.
    ***END UPDATE***

***UPDATE 22 Dec***
    -CHANGES ONLY TO THE 13icons theme. SW theme remains the same.
    -Changed the focus icon to a 3D opaque button. A little darker than before.
    -Changed the header/banner opaque band for a darker one.
    -Changed the background to show this off a little (please feel free to change the background to your own preference)
    ***END UPDATE***

I wanted two rows for quick access to some stuff, a hidden today for the calender etc.

I have now added a home icon at the top right for weather or whatever for the 13th slot displayed on the home screen.

If your app is in the 2nd, through 5th spot you can navigate up to the today part of the screen, today is 5 entries. 1st icon navigates up to sound settings, 6th is up to the weather.

Based on the Zen format with a bit of tweaking. For the SW version the icons are Star Wars things, this is what I like. The 13icons version is full of regular icons.

Transitions to and from home screen and the icons bounce when selected.

I have it on my 9700 and it runs smoothly.

Screen shots:

OTA link:
    http://www.scorpiotaz.net/blackberry...me_13icons.jad This is the standard icons

http://www.scorpiotaz.net/blackberry..._13iconsSW.jad

Hoping I've got the links etc right. Shall check back in a bit for feedback or any grumpiness.

I am working on a locked screen with weather or a couple of icons on it... but that is a little more complicated with SVG files etc.
    Last edited by ScorpioTaz; 12-22-09 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Updated theme... two choices...
    12-15-09 04:37 PM
    looks awesome.
    12-15-09 05:44 PM
    A second attempt with weather icon at top right (needs to be in 13th position in apps list) tweaked the navigation of icons in the two rows for a better feel/useage.

Shall work on one with the standard icons in the next day or so.
    Last edited by ScorpioTaz; 12-21-09 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Removed dead link
    12-17-09 09:53 AM
    can't wait for the regular icon version.. could you also make the Locked screen user definable?
    12-17-09 01:36 PM
    Updated the links and the theme. See original post.
    12-21-09 11:09 AM
    i clicked on link and nada
    12-21-09 12:54 PM
    Woops... should be sorted now... wrong folder in the link.
    12-21-09 03:54 PM
    looks good, 1 small request though: would it be possible to make the top section (with carrier logo, weather, speaker, time etc) opaque black or something? and same thing with the icons in the two rows at the bottom? right now it seems to me that all screen info blends a bit too well into the wallpaper

dunno how other users experience this though...
    12-22-09 04:43 AM
    looks good, 1 small request though: would it be possible to make the top section (with carrier logo, weather, speaker, time etc) opaque black or something? and same thing with the icons in the two rows at the bottom? right now it seems to me that all screen info blends a bit too well into the wallpaper

dunno how other users experience this though...
    How about changing the wallpaper? The head and the rest are opaque black, just that the background is black too. I will try a couple of screen shots with different background.
    Last edited by ScorpioTaz; 12-22-09 at 09:32 AM.
    12-22-09 08:53 AM
    How about changing the wallpaper? The head and the rest are opaque black, just that the background is black too. I will try a couple of screen shots with different background.
    Hmm I just tried the updated theme, and it's much better now if you ask me

Thanks a lot for this effort!
    12-23-09 01:25 AM
    Downloading the stock icon version now. Anyone have the screen shot of the Star Wars one?
    01-01-10 03:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD