Just an fyi, the new OS6 does not seem to fix the signal fluctuation that many have dealt with.

Still love the os though!
    02-01-11 02:23 PM
    I've had the signal fluctuate on 2 Tours, with 2 different OSs. I recently emailed VZW about it. They replied stating penetration through some buildings can cause this. It was well written and I'm sure it's true. However I get the signal thing (going from 4-5 bars to 0, back up to 4) outside too.

My husbands LG feature phone does not have this issue. VZW said that they would sent a tech out to look at the issue if I called them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-11 02:26 PM
    I had the techs check my area and they said it wasnt a problem. It happens all over and not just in buildings. My wife's phone will stay perfect signal and mine jumps. VZW tech told me prob 4 months ago that it was a known issue and being fixed an a upcoming os release. Well there have been 2 and no luck.
    02-01-11 02:30 PM
    I'm actually on OS5.1006 on my Bold(Vzw) and the signal flux isnt really there anymore. in fact, i'm very satisfied with .1006

when i had .975, omg, it was ALWAYS up and down like a freakin pogo stick! but even with the flux, i never had problems making/rec'ing calls.
    02-01-11 02:31 PM
    What's strange is that it's such a widespread issue. So it can't possibly be a tower issue, right?

I'm still thinking it's the radio because of this, and that I traded in for a replacement Tour bc of this issue. Still happens.

Last edited by chrisy520; 02-01-11 at 02:50 PM.
    02-01-11 02:39 PM
    What's strange is that it's such a widespread issue. So it can't possible be a tower issue, right?

I'm still thinking it's the radio because of this, and that I traded in for a replacement Tour bc of this issue. Still happens.

vzw seems to say anything. they sent me 3 diff phones and nothing helped. I know its not signal area cuz others vzw phones do great. It happen on my tour and bold
    02-01-11 02:47 PM
    Agreed. And it's happen on the last two OSs I've had. And is reported on OS6. I'm 9630/5.0.0.975.

It's just very weird.

02-01-11 02:50 PM
    Yea I've never understood the whole signal flux problem. I've had it on every OS ive had but I would say its gotten a little better with each upgrade...still fluctuates with os 6 though
    02-01-11 03:13 PM
    Just an fyi, the new OS6 does not seem to fix the signal fluctuation that many have dealt with.

Still love the os though!
    I have had this on every one of the dozen or so os's I have used on my bold. It seems to be a cosmetic or aesthetics issue and not a problem with call misses or drops. I've stopped obsessing about it ages ago.
    02-01-11 03:23 PM
    I don't have a signal flux issue at all.
    02-01-11 04:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD