Okay I have a Curve 8530 with a Verizon plan. I have been having issues with this phone and it's my second 8530 in 8 months. I called Verizon and they did tell me they will replace it with another 8530. I really love the look and size of the 8530 but am not interested in trying a 3rd. I think I want to move on and get a Bold.

If I buy a Bold from Verizon it would have to be full retail price which is $509. Should I and can I buy a bold from a different source and have Verizon update their records to reflect the fact that I will now be using a Bold?

Any tips on buying a phone from a different source? For example, just looking through E-Bay quickly I can buy a new Bold for almost half the price of Verizon.

What would you do?
    09-02-10 12:03 PM
    Get your hands on a bold. It's a more solid device (software and hardware-wise) and it's getting OS6 pretty soon which is a whole new experience. Also IMO the curve series isn't anything special; sporting a 2mp camera and 256mb? It's time to upgrade!
    09-02-10 12:12 PM
    Yeah buying a Bold on ebay will be cheaper and no problem with Verizon. Make sure you put insurance on it though because you won't have a year warranty like you would if you bought the phone through Verizon
    09-02-10 12:15 PM
    I bought my bold from ebay NIB to replace my 8530 (sprint) and have never looked back. Also as far as year warranty goes I had a problem with the coating coming off of the trackpad and sprint replaced it with a new one.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

09-02-10 01:23 PM
    Check the CB MArketplace, I've gotten two devices on there and had great results.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f14/

Get the Curve replaced then sell it to help with the cost of the Bold.
    09-02-10 01:25 PM
    From experience: I have had 4, yes 4, 8530's in the past 9 months. I went a couple weeks ago with a battery issue on the fourth one and told VZW that I was sick of dealing with this phone and I wasn't going to keep doing it. They eventually offered me the 9650 as a replacement (although it was a refurb). anyway, I am VERY satisfied with the switch and wouldnt go back to the curve for anything. I would go talk to your local verizon stores and see if you can get them to do the same for you. It is ultimately up to the manager of the specific store but i know several people that have had multiple problems with the 8530 so it's not anything new.
    09-04-10 01:24 PM
    Call CS and explain your problem. I would ask for a supervisor, stay calm but let them know that you would like something to be done about your problem. You might get someone who can help you,
    09-04-10 03:35 PM
    And BTW you can walk into some VZW corp stores and ask to purchase a CLN bold for about half the price.

09-04-10 04:35 PM
    bold much better device and 0s6 capable!
    09-05-10 05:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD