Just got a text from Verizon Customer Support about the "official" OTA and BlackBerry.com BB 6 Update being available for my Bold 9650. Version is 6.0.0.431. FYI
    Last edited by bacon.jay; 03-22-11 at 04:42 PM.
    03-22-11 04:35 PM
    I updated my friend's to OS6 (can't remember the version, somewhere in the .4s) on Saturday. I thought it has been out but I guess I was wrong?
    03-22-11 04:43 PM
    03-22-11 04:46 PM
    Lol so VZW is finally getting around to prompting subs to upgrade? I guess that's good, lots of people don't care about upgrades or even apps for that matter. They just wanna text on a nice keyboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-11 06:18 PM
    I knew that there was a Verizon version of OS 6 available somewhere, but didn't know it was actually an "official" release from Verizon. Like I said, just today they sent me something saying that I can update now.
    03-22-11 06:21 PM
    I knew that there was a Verizon version of OS 6 available somewhere, but didn't know it was actually an "official" release from Verizon. Like I said, just today they sent me something saying that I can update now.
    Nice well load it on up... Been out for a bit, but you can always downgrade if you do not like OS6
    03-22-11 06:31 PM
    How do I get the new OS OTA and, is there any reason not to upgrade to OS6?

I am currently running 5.0.0.699 and have no problems with it.
    03-22-11 11:41 PM
    How do I get the new OS OTA and, is there any reason not to upgrade to OS6?

I am currently running 5.0.0.699 and have no problems with it.
    Some apps don't work on it, but I can't find the thread that states what they are. It's the only reason I'm hesitant to install OS6.
    03-23-11 06:12 PM
    Some apps don't work on it, but I can't find the thread that states what they are. It's the only reason I'm hesitant to install OS6.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/po...rk-os6-572272/

As you can see, the thread has kind of gone to the wayside, mostly because about every app is compatible with OS 6 (I don't know of one that doesn't). If the ones that were listed, were later refuted, and other ones were just operator error.

I'd love to know of an app that doesn't work on OS 6...
    03-23-11 06:40 PM
    Yup. I got the same text message yesterday...though the "wireless update alert" message showed up on my phone more than a month ago!
    03-24-11 01:47 AM
    Still have not received a text message - I'm staying away from this bloated trashware (OS6).
    03-24-11 09:58 AM
    Still have not received a text message - I'm staying away from this bloated trashware (OS6).
    Care to explain? I'm not sure what you mean by "bloated trashware (OS6)"

It just seems like a very mis-informed, ignorant post...

03-24-11 10:38 AM
    Care to explain? I'm not sure what you mean by "bloated trashware (OS6)"

It just seems like a very mis-informed, ignorant post...

+1 LOL...have to agree with you. For me, the key to this OS was loading the OS6 version of the ZenCalendar theme I used on 5. Universal Search is awesome. Radio file seems a little weak but the recent leak appears to address that. Hope to load it this weekend.

03-24-11 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD